PDA

View Full Version : Headstocks Bike Transport - Warning, a rant!

markus
14-10-2008, 07:48 AM
They are ****
Ok that may not be very constructive - the fact is they have messed both myself and the new owner (Our very own Dam) of my beautiful much loved, extreamly missed monster. After a good week and a half of very poor communication, lot's of messing around, a last minute reschedule or two, a missed appointment with no phone call the bike was finally picked up from me last night supposidly winging it's way to bonnie Scotland so Dam could go have a rip and all would be well in the highlanders life....but alas at the 6am this morning delivery time it wasn't the wee red rocket he recieved - just a phone call saying that the driver had fallen Ill (He was very sprightly at 7pm at my house last night) and they would be in contact when he was better..............ridiculous!!!!!!!! now the poor desmo is in storage or worse a van somewhere all lonely and scared, Dam has no toy and I don't feel I can spend my new bike fund (yes for those who know my story - I'm staying put for a while...will explain all one day when i have the energy) until all is delivered and everyone happy...............so like I said a warning, A clever name does not a clever company make!

JR
14-10-2008, 08:18 AM
Just as a matter of interest why did you use a Bristol based "Courier" when you are located in Milton Keynes ?
They either had a lot of "dead" mileage to absorb in their price, or sub-contracted the job out to another firm more local to MK. I ask the question because i transport bikes for a couple of local bike sales/repair shops, along with track day deliveries, E Bay purchases etc, and am based in the Bristol area.

markus
14-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Dam sorted the courier, not I, They said they were based in St Neots (www.headstockstransport.co.uk) which is not far at all and only deal with transporting motorcycles. I feel you may have them mixed up with someone else. On face value I would have made the same decision as Dam, it's only now we've realised there would have been better companies to have used.
- Douglas this rant isn't meant at you at all, but then you know that............oh and I want regular updates on my bikes happiness (she likes warm baths and singing to sleep by the way).

Stafford
14-10-2008, 09:03 AM
My last two Ducati's have come from Scotland and I've ridden them both home. It was all part of the adventure so next time get on a bus, train or plane and get it for yourself it's great fun.

markus
14-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Yeah that was Dam's original Plan, unfortunatly when he did come down to pick up and ride the bike back other events interviened, although I'm sure he'll have many an adventure to come on it!

dam
20-10-2008, 04:57 PM
They are ****
Ok that may not be very constructive - the fact is they have messed both myself and the new owner (Our very own Dam) of my beautiful much loved, extreamly missed monster. After a good week and a half of very poor communication, lot's of messing around, a last minute reschedule or two, a missed appointment with no phone call the bike was finally picked up from me last night supposidly winging it's way to bonnie Scotland so Dam could go have a rip and all would be well in the highlanders life....but alas at the 6am this morning delivery time it wasn't the wee red rocket he recieved - just a phone call saying that the driver had fallen Ill (He was very sprightly at 7pm at my house last night) and they would be in contact when he was better..............ridiculous!!!!!!!! now the poor desmo is in storage or worse a van somewhere all lonely and scared, Dam has no toy and I don't feel I can spend my new bike fund (yes for those who know my story - I'm staying put for a while...will explain all one day when i have the energy) until all is delivered and everyone happy...............so like I said a warning, A clever name does not a clever company make!

Just to add my tuppence worth - I wouldn't touch them again, the information on times etc was all very sketchy and as Markus said no phone calls when let down, had to phone them time & time again. Only got a "sorry". The most galling thing was I got an email yesterday asking for a glowing report for their website. Yeah Right!