PDA

View Full Version : planning some cosmetic changes....advice needed

pfcdaz
13-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi all,

I am planning some cosmetic changes to my m600 monster and was hoping for some recommendations.

The things i am looking at are
mirrors
fly screen
handlebars
indicators

I would be grateful for any recommendations people may have of relatively inexpensive kit i can put on. I have been looking at the "monster of the month" pictures and really like the look of the ones that have the sports bike style drop handlebars fitted, so any suggestions there would be gratefully accepted. My budget is very limited, my wife just took a pay cut when she changed jobs, so i won't get away with spending too much.

cheers

cheers

Pedro
13-10-2008, 04:18 PM
You could take a look at Clip On bars from an SS model I think, they clamp around the forks I think.

As for indicators, there are a million versions out there and many are very cheap - try Fleabay

pfcdaz
13-10-2008, 04:38 PM
cheers pedro, looking for stuff that people have already tried on their bikes that they know fits the monster stylings, i am a little swamped at the moment with all the options and its hard to imagine things on the bike when all you have is a thumbnail.....

Nonnie
13-10-2008, 05:03 PM
its hard to imagine things on the bike when all you have is a thumbnail.....

What? No bike then?

Just kidding. Rizoma make very many pretty bits.

Good things no cheap, cheap things no good!

Here is a gratuitious video of my bike with lots of pretty things attached.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=5098669232898417449

Nickj
13-10-2008, 07:18 PM
They'd have to be very small mirrors to fit onto a thumbnail. Personally I'd put them on a full size bike LOL

Cheap -> Part No 969320AAA is a Carbon Fibre fairing/cuppolino for carbed monsters, even comes in a kosher Ducati plastic bag!! I got it (from natty the master of bling) then swapped bikes and got a different design one. Even comes in a kosher Ducati plastic bag!! It ought to go somewhere and be used before I slice it up to make cf strips.
Silly serious offers plus postage won't be refused.

pfcdaz
13-10-2008, 09:19 PM
thanks for the info. the ss bars, do they need any extra pieces to fit them properly or do they just fit straight on to the forks? will i need any extra bits to attach the brake and clutch cylinders etc. and will the current hoses fit fine or will they need replacing as well. planning on swapping them for braided hoses eventually anyway.

answers on a postcard to the usual address....

slob
13-10-2008, 09:26 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29817&highlight=clip+ons

gary tompkins
13-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Hacksaw... meet teatray

"Hello teatray"

"Hello Hacksaw"

ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ ZZZ

Teatray... meet dustbin

"Hello dustbin"

Clang!!

"Hello teatray"

scrapps
14-10-2008, 03:38 PM
I will have some very nice dpm mirrors for sale on here soon,when i have given them a clean and thought of a price...prob half the original cost (i will find the original and take photos and post soon) pm if you want details pm'd before i post on site....

pfcdaz
14-10-2008, 03:43 PM
that would be great if you could mate, can't figure out hoe to pm on this site though, its probably really obvious

scrapps
14-10-2008, 04:01 PM
just click on the name on the left and it will ask if you want to send pm etc....:thumbsup:

giler
14-10-2008, 04:21 PM
You could take a look at Clip On bars from an SS model I think, they clamp around the forks I think.

As for indicators, there are a million versions out there and many are very cheap - try Fleabay

Would have to be clip ons from the injected ss, older one's won't fit - I think?

pfcdaz
14-10-2008, 07:18 PM
have ordered a set of ss bars off the bay, hopefully they will fit ok, they are billed as 50mm so should be fine.... hopefully will arrive on friday ready to be fitted over the weekend.

Big Daft Lad
15-10-2008, 12:08 PM
Can I buy your old bars? (if they are original Ducati ones anyway.) Ta.

alreadyinuse
15-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Yep definately gotta be SS bars from the later curvy injected ones.

Yamaha DR125 indicators are nice. Chunky and clear lenses.

Motrax bar end mirrors are nice too and waay cheaper than oberon ones and fairly similar.

Fly screens are for puffs lol or people who dont like flies.
Do a worldwide search on fleabay for monster carbon or carbonio. and you'll see some nice italian lovelyness

pfcdaz
15-10-2008, 08:59 PM
am avoiding looking at anything carbon, every time i do i want to buy it!!!!

thanks for the advice will have a look at the various bits suggested.

as for the original bars, i am afraid i want to keep them in case i decide to put the bike back to original condition before selling it one day......