PDA

View Full Version : do you reckon

gremlin
12-10-2008, 10:44 PM
these are any good ?
master cylinders (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Front-Brake-19X20-19-20-Master-Cylinder-Oil-Cup-Ducati_W0QQitemZ320307160077QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em320307160077&_trkparms=72%3A1121|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A13 18&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14)
postage is a bit steep,

Capo
12-10-2008, 11:06 PM
Cheap Brembo counterfeits fit them at your peril.

alreadyinuse
12-10-2008, 11:38 PM
cast bodies like the ones ducati use. probably made by the same factory just these aint official ones.

They probably work fine but i'll bet you can find used 999 ones for about the same as those work out delivered.

Pedro
13-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole - fake Brembos at fake quality.

crust
13-10-2008, 07:37 PM
oh dear, they're back

they were around a while, along with a raft of tales about problems associated with them

they're not the same castings, just good copies

Genuine Brembos can be found for around £130 > £150

anything less and they're fakes

:)crust

Nonnie
13-10-2008, 07:49 PM
I love the way you don't get your guarantee unless you leave them good feedback.

Dodgy all the way.

gary tompkins
13-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Don't wast your money - these are fakes & well publicised in MCN

Items country of origin (srimuangmai, ubonrajthani, Thailand) says it all :rolleyes:

A genuine item will set you back over £200

There's a good description of the fakes here...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=230224970741

http://www.ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=12303.0

gremlin
13-10-2008, 10:03 PM
i was not suggesting i was interested in buying, but can they be any good for this price .
but reading the posted threads and links, isnt it just scaremongering in response ? whats the problem with cast bodies ? most monsters have cast master cylinders, totally unservicable, but cast not billet.
in fact most japanese bikes use cast master cylinders . the whole principle is very simple, its just a fluid pump.. a friend of mine can "knock up " some out of billet on his cnc machine, i would trust them 100 %, even if they were fake copies, i wonder what the response would be on ebay and ducatiforum.com. reading the feedback on the seller i first listed, everyone seem to be happy with what they have got, and i doubt whether they would fail due to their simplicity ..... but i guess you pays your money etc........

Mr g

Nonnie
13-10-2008, 10:55 PM
reading the feedback on the seller i first listed, everyone seem to be happy with what they have got,
Mr g

Yes, to get the guarantee maybe?

alreadyinuse
13-10-2008, 11:11 PM
the Brembo radial brake pumps that Ducati fittted to the 749 999 and aprilla to the rsv mille have cast bodies which are cnc finished.

Only the Brembo racing /aftermarket radial pumps are made from billet.

So you do get genune brembos that are cast.

I have a 749 radial clutch pump just need the brake now.

Pedro
13-10-2008, 11:48 PM
i was not suggesting i was interested in buying, but can they be any good for this price .
but reading the posted threads and links, isnt it just scaremongering in response ? whats the problem with cast bodies ? most monsters have cast master cylinders, totally unservicable, but cast not billet.
in fact most japanese bikes use cast master cylinders . the whole principle is very simple, its just a fluid pump.. a friend of mine can "knock up " some out of billet on his cnc machine, i would trust them 100 %, even if they were fake copies, i wonder what the response would be on ebay and ducatiforum.com. reading the feedback on the seller i first listed, everyone seem to be happy with what they have got, and i doubt whether they would fail due to their simplicity ..... but i guess you pays your money etc........

Mr g

Reports I've read have included casting cracking at the hinge point and seals failing

On the genuine aftermarket items...
Brembo Brake Radial Masters are generally cast with CNC machined finishing etc
Clutch Radial master cylinders are generally CNC'd from billet

OEM items are different animals all together and typically use a manufacturing process more suitable to higher volume - hence the Brembo Radials on an S4RS both being castings