PDA

View Full Version : How to remove DB killers from 696 termi's?

R-KivE
09-10-2008, 11:46 AM
I have finiished installing my 696 kit, and would like to remove the db killers from the cans.

I have undone the screw on each one and attempted to pull them out with pliers, but they have been properley rammed in.

Any ideas on how to get these out?

Lucati
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
I just used brute force and BIG pliers that I used with a twisting action.

Alternatively a squirt with WD40 and come back after a cuppa?

Warning though..... they are outrageously noisey without, I ended up drilling some holes in the db killers and putting them back in which has had the desired effect. I know some people like em really loud but on my daily ride to work they were too OTT for me!

slob
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
You will probably need to twist them to get them moving, failing that a sharp (but careful) tap with a drift and hammer. After they start to move you should be able to pull them out with pliers, as you were trying before.

Lucati
09-10-2008, 11:53 AM
Oh and by the way.... how come you've got a picture of my Mrs as your avatar?

CK & AK
09-10-2008, 11:56 AM
You will probably need to twist them to get them moving, failing that a sharp (but careful) tap with a drift and hammer. After they start to move you should be able to pull them out with pliers, as you were trying before.

what Slob said

MrsJel
09-10-2008, 07:58 PM
What the others said - the first time was really difficult it pained me to supervise!

They've went back in for a while and then I managed to get them out myself the 2nd time so it does get easier.

Quick question for all you 696 termi owners - can you wiggle your cans? or is it just mine

Carole

BTW - Pearl White has appeared in the bike colour options on the User CP so we no longer have to be Other.

walpole68
09-10-2008, 08:03 PM
Mine are really lose,well one is much loser than the other.