PDA

View Full Version : Iridium Visors

cairojay
07-10-2008, 06:05 PM
Anyone got any advice on visors? i.e. enhanced vision visors, iridium visors etc? Thinking of getting something a bit different - realise that just about everything other than standard is not legal but hey, termis anyone?

slob
07-10-2008, 06:16 PM
www.racevisors.co.uk
sell visor bags too, that way you can carry a clear one too, I've never been pulled for the dark visor yet but always carry a clear spare in case.
(If you've ever tried a tinted visor at night you'll know why!)

Nonnie
07-10-2008, 06:18 PM
I think irridium visors are just gorgeous.

However last time I checked they were even illegal for a pillion.

I bought my last visor from www.offshoremotorcycleparts.com who were very cheap.

StevieB
07-10-2008, 06:32 PM
I have an iridium visor on an AGV lid . looks the biz , but does scratch very easily .
Probably last about 1/3 as long as a dark one .

NewMon
07-10-2008, 09:51 PM
What is the deal with Iridium Visors? I ask purely out of curiosity. I am intrigued as to why a pillion should be banned from wearing them - I'd have thought the pillion could have completely opaque if he/she so desired.

For the record, I use a clear visor with a tinted pinlock insert and sometimes carry a clear insert if the weather is gloomy or I will be riding back at night. The pinlock system is great - a huge improvement over t'old days of steaming up etc. My tinted visor looks opaque from the outside but I haven't had any grief over it.

gremlin
07-10-2008, 10:52 PM
all visors by law have to conform to a standard and br "E" marked for their conformity wether rider or pillion, dark visors cannot pass this standard

Mr G

ladybird
07-10-2008, 10:54 PM
is that because of visual or shatterproofness?

cairojay
07-10-2008, 10:58 PM
I've done some research (I'm a scientist me) and apparently a lot of iridium visors are dipped hence the easy scratching but in the USA iridium visors are legal because they are laminated and do not scratch so easily - any suggestions where I can get a gold one?