PDA

View Full Version : Wanted 600/620 monster

big mike
06-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Im new here but im looking for a cheap monster for my wife (preferably in scotland)
quite a tight budget unless somebody will do a deal with her cbr125, its a 55 with only 900miles and like new(prob better than it left the showrom)
mike

Trent
06-10-2008, 08:34 PM
If this is for real, then it's a bargain...

http://www.gumtree.com/london/99/29506099.html

It's not in Scotland, but is very cheap...

harry_hyde
08-10-2008, 06:13 AM
I e-mailed this guy for more info and I think it may be a scam.

Said it was held by "I sold it" on ebay for sale and the transaction goes through them. Send them the cash, you get the bike. Even get 14 days to see whther you like it or not.

Jody.

big mike
08-10-2008, 03:32 PM
Def loks like a scam,thanks for the info so far, im in contact with a couple of bikes,is there anything to lok out for ??

julesbristol
08-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Mike - look for full service history (with a recent service ideally) and as a low a mileage bike as you can afford. Make sure your wife tries a Monster first too. They're quite low down which suits women but the turning circle is abysmal and it will seem much heavier than her current bike (and a damn sight louder too). I got a mint 95 M600 for £1,500 and i think i paid through the nose for the piece of mind that it had been loved.

Make sure the belts and valve clearances have been done as part of the last service. If not, or if it hasn't been properly serviced, then deduct the cost of servicing from the price at least.

I've only been into Ducatis for a short time. My initial conclusion: lovely lovely bikes if looked after, hell on earth if not. Good luck mate, J