PDA

View Full Version : This boils my pish bloke kills motorcyclist and gets off lightly

alreadyinuse
05-10-2008, 09:24 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7638545.stm

And its nothing to do with the colour of his skin.

benson
05-10-2008, 09:43 PM
It's to do with the jury and the CPS I imagine! Bloomin tragedy - it baffles me how sat nav can be safe anyway!!!

STIVH
05-10-2008, 10:10 PM
Yep a cop out by the justice system yet again, as for delivering a curry for a friend more like earning a tax free back hander so probably not insured either and lets face it if you are a biker then as the government adverts like to confirm we are so easily missed when folks observe the road conditions. Even with Day glow clothing, full beam lighting and within the speed limit they can still convince any judge or jury how easy we can vanish into thin air.

Oh and as for sorry ? I'll put money on it that he'll be back on the road sooner than we would all expect.

dlloyduk
05-10-2008, 10:23 PM
I do not wish to comment on this post so I will remove it. As there will always be some people who read between the lines and take a comment to mean something it simply did not.

My apologies to those who may have taken it in the wrong context.

Paivi
05-10-2008, 11:57 PM
Good old British law, We don't want to be seen to discriminate against anyone now do we?
Not against anyone me - colour, sex, religion but all this political correctness/discrimination s***e has screwed this country to the point I really want to escape.

Do you think if I head over to Afganistan they will give me a 3 bed house and a giro every week?
What's that got to do with this case?

Presumably the CPS decided to go with careless driving instead of causing death by dangerous driving, as there was a bigger chance of a jury finding him guilty of the lesser charge. Not the first time, nor will it be the last one, at least not until the 'beyond reasonable doubt' clause is removed. I'm not sure I would have gone for dangerous driving even if he'd been fiddling with his sat nav at the time, but it definitely was careless driving.

ricky
06-10-2008, 06:31 AM
i think its a disgrace. its hard not to.

benson
06-10-2008, 07:03 AM
You might just find that with comments like that Afghanistan suits you sir!!!

manwithredbike
06-10-2008, 07:44 AM
sounds like the guy is genuinely sorry for what he did. surely all of us have made the odd ba!!s up while driving. he - and esp the biker- were just unlucky. the fact that he was a pakistani delivering a curry is irrelevant.

Snips
06-10-2008, 09:27 AM
Certainly sat navs are a terrible distraction. And, on paper, this case doesn't seem consistent with the aggressive prosecution of 'victimless crimes' such as speeding.

Not against anyone me - colour, sex, religion but all this political correctness/discrimination s***e has screwed this country to the point I really want to escape.

Cool. I hope the people in your new home country welcome you with respect, hospitality and fairness, just as we would want for immigrants to this country.

RIP Leigh Mayman.

gremlin
06-10-2008, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Snips;278199]Certainly sat navs are a terrible distraction. And, on paper, this case doesn't seem consistent with the aggressive prosecution of 'victimless crimes' such as speeding.

Does seem a bit leniant when you see speeders who haven't harmed anyone getting huge fines and prison. As far as the government is concerned it's all grist to the mill to get us off the road, just another to add to the statistics.

Jersey
06-10-2008, 09:57 AM
He should be locked up i was tazken off recently and the block is being done for driving with out due care. the crash was minor. this Sohail Baig has kill some one and pay the penulty. all thought the law let him off he could have the decency to addmit it.

YellaMonsta
06-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Certainly sat navs are a terrible distraction. And, on paper, this case doesn't seem consistent with the aggressive prosecution of 'victimless crimes' such as speeding.

Cool. I hope the people in your new home country welcome you with respect, hospitality and fairness, just as we would want for immigrants to this country.

RIP Leigh Mayman.

here here...

Its a tragic incident. Perhaps the judge who presided over the case is more aware of the exact details then we are.

I would be really upset if a friend or family member was killed in this way. Its sad.

alreadyinuse
06-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I'd like to think that if some dozey twat in car killed me that they would have to suffer a little bit more than that.

If it was a 17 year old white youth in a Saxo he'd be in jail regardless of how sorry he was.

The judge would be leniant because the guy was in his 30's driving a mercedes and had a decent job.
all theses reasons are just as wrong as the colour of his skin or country of birth.

The bit that gets me really angry is that he killed someone and even if you do it by accident thats manslaughter and you should go to jail.

JerryXt
06-10-2008, 12:25 PM
I have two views on this:

one is that it doesn't matter what his background was - he killed someone due to not seeing them and should have been jailed.

The second is that whatever our background, if people think of 'home' as being somewhere else, they will have a different approach to the people in the host country. I know I would if I was living in another country. People do place a different value on life in other cultures and can assume that if someone is riding a bike or a motorbike, it's because they can't afford a car and are somehow of less value than them.

Whatever, should have been jailed.

On a positive note, some foottie player was jailed for 7 years for killing two kids while driving whilst pi**ed

Capo
06-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Do you think if I head over to Afganistan they will give me a 3 bed house and a giro every week?

Probably not but I understand they can offer you paradise full of virgins :biggrin:

ricky
06-10-2008, 04:29 PM
I'd like to think that if some dozey twat in car killed me that they would have to suffer a little bit more than that.

If it was a 17 year old white youth in a Saxo he'd be in jail regardless of how sorry he was.

The judge would be leniant because the guy was in his 30's driving a mercedes and had a decent job.
all theses reasons are just as wrong as the colour of his skin or country of birth.

The bit that gets me really angry is that he killed someone and even if you do it by accident thats manslaughter and you should go to jail.

well said!!! :thumbsup:

dlloyduk
06-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I have edited my post above to remove it as there will always be some people who read between the lines and take a comment to mean something it simply did not.

My apologies to those who have taken it in the wrong context.

Snips
06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Nicely done, dlloyduk.

Let's get back to talking All Things Monster :)

Kiwi
07-10-2008, 04:47 AM
they have just given some drunken football player 7 years for killing 2 people and maiming a third

for his example of gross stupidity he should have got life

Arbeia
07-10-2008, 08:33 AM
I think i could count myself lucky with the accident i`m recovering from.

gremlin
07-10-2008, 07:13 PM
they have just given some drunken football player 7 years for killing 2 people and maiming a third

for his example of gross stupidity he should have got life

There was a big debate on Jeremy Vine about it. Most people said he should have got more. His mate emailed I think and said how remorseful he was but it doesn't stop the fact that two people have lost their lives. Someone said his career was probably over, but at least he can have another unlike the poor kids. I hate drink drivers, they know their judgement and reaction times are impaired and yet they still think they can get away with it. It is still manslaughter at the very least.
Our friend got 31/2 years for losing control on a corner and killing his wife, he was just over the limit. Said corner has killed 5 and injured another five this year alone so he may still have gone off anyway but had he not had a drink he may have got round. Another mate has just broken his ribs coming off in the same place and he hadn't been drinking but had less experience so it makes you wonder, did the drink do the damage? Needless to say the one place that could really do with a speed camera hasn't got one!

ricky
08-10-2008, 06:28 AM
i think if you kill someone through your mistakes i.e careless driving, then you should be held accountable for your mistake, especially when your doing something like 'checking your sat nav', im a delivery driver i constantly need my sat nav but there is a time and place to use it, i cannot get my head around the fact that he killed a totally innocent biker with wife and kids but walked away. it makes my blood boil, as id say it does to nearly every person who reads that news article, that the only obvious reason he walked away was because he is part of the ethnic community.

i strongly agree with 'alreadyinuse' that if that had been your sterotypical boy racer or a white van man that killed that poor guy then he would be eating prison food this morning.
just look at how many headlines that footballer got and how everyone is is quick to point out what a scumbag he is (which i totally agree with of course) but it just shows the difference that the media and we as a country treat ethnics in the press.

Kiwi
08-10-2008, 05:42 PM
it just shows the difference that the media and we as a country treat ethnics in the press.

personally I am sick of political correctness where every body is scared to pass judgement on an ethnic regardless of what they have been done in case they get labled a racist

this talk about racism in the police force because two high profile ethnics appear to be geting a raw deal is a prime example - neither of them are sqeaky clean and yet they pull the race card out as a side show to devert attention away from themselves