PDA

View Full Version : New Monster Hunter

GPF
05-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Just thought i'd say hi.
Test rode a 696+ yesterday & i'm hooked.
Can anyone advise me on a dealership in the south/south west (or even nationwide if I get a discount) to purchase from?
I understand through my local dealership that I can't get any discount on the bike from the £5750, is this true or not?

walpole68
05-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Hi,got mine from Ducati Aylesbury,did get a small discount,if you find a bike in stock you stand a much better chance of getting a deal.ps my bike sounds fab riding through the narrow streets of fairford !

Albie
05-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Snells in Alton near Basingstoke/Guildford area very recommended by lots. TBH I'm thinking if I buy a m1100 next year going to them from in Kent. Family outfit with very good service. CK got her 696 from there .

GPF
06-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi,got mine from Ducati Aylesbury,did get a small discount,if you find a bike in stock you stand a much better chance of getting a deal.ps my bike sounds fab riding through the narrow streets of fairford !Aylesbury would do no discount other than 10% off accessories. I was under the impression it is autumn/winter & sales of bikes usually slow down. :worried:
We are not asking for much IMO esp spending 6k on a NEW bike at the wrong time & during a so called recession.

Having discussed this with a friend of mine working in a japanese dealership he was very surprised no discount/incentive was offered.
Any advice would be lovely..:)

Snips
06-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Didn't someone on the news say something about a credit crunch?

If your dealer isn't prepared to haggle, walk away. 696s are selling well, but I got a discount even when there was a waiting list (maybe there still is).

Tell your dealer, "Deal, or there's no deal".

Good luck! You'll love the 696.

GPF
06-10-2008, 12:09 PM
Sorted! Reserved a white one & it's arriving Thurs. Got a good deal on the termis inc kit fitted & retail price on the bike. I'm happy.

Having spoke to a few dealers, there is scope for a "small amount of discount".

CK & AK
06-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Snells in Alton near Basingstoke/Guildford area very recommended by lots. TBH I'm thinking if I buy a m1100 next year going to them from in Kent. Family outfit with very good service. CK got her 696 from there .

I certainly did :cool:
I didnt haggle for a discount off the price as I knew it would be minor as the bikes were so new (mine was the 2nd one registered on the road in the UK to a customer), but did get the first 2 services thrown in - as well as the odd other bit or 2, but thats cos I'm a long time customer really - having been with them since Feb 2002.

GPF - enjoy your new toy! :D

C:)

JerryXt
06-10-2008, 12:29 PM
C, when you put your stern face on, most men would cave :D

(running!)