PDA

View Full Version : New Tyres?

PETE.AKO
01-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Hi all I have a 750 Monster ,2000 it has the air box cut K&N filter Dynojet kit with 144 main jets and a set of Remus high level cans.Sounds good and go's well ? The bike was set up by SPR at Ruddington (top people)
Its come to that time to change my tyres as the back one has started to follow the lines on the road!! They still have tread on but have squared of.
DONLOP SPORTMAX 204 on the front
DONLOP SPORTMAX 208 on the rear
These were on the bike when i brought it in January, I have done 3000 miles now with on problems SO IF ANY ONE HAS PUT BETTER TYRES ON PLEASE TELL ME
I have even taken the bike around Mallory park, that took some tread of?? and i only did 10laps! and nothing came by me witch was very surprising!:flag: and was very impressed with the bike I use to race a 350Lc years ago but you don't forget?

craigie
01-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I have Michelin Pilot Powers on my 750SS and can't say enough good things about them, I know it is a personal thing but I love these tyres.

slob
01-10-2008, 09:47 PM
Another vote for Pilot Power here

faulkss
02-10-2008, 06:53 AM
PP here too

StevieB
03-10-2008, 12:34 AM
If you dont do big mileage , Pirelli Diablo rossos are really grippy with great feel

PETE.AKO
03-10-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks for all the input how long do the pirelli's and the Michelin's last then!:thumbsup:
I might have an under powdered bike compared to the jap things that i go out to play with but i can still keep them behind me on the twisty bits and its such a good feeling????
AND THE DUCATI SOUNDS SO SO GOOD

slob
03-10-2008, 08:38 PM
I got over 700 track miles (6 trackdays) and 1500 road miles out of my last PPs (not the 2CT) on my 620ie, the rear was just starting to go square off when it got punctured, the front had several more K left to go. I reckon you'll get 5-6K from a rear and 8-10 from a front of either on the road on an M750. I got 4.5K from my last rear Diabolo (not Rosso) on the thou, front is good for another 4K still.
I've also done similar mileages on all sorts of Bridgestone Battlax and would expect a BT014 to give you similar longevity and feel to a PP 2CT or Diabolo Rosso, being a dual compound.
The Michelins get my vote though, I didn't like D204s at all, especially in the wet.
Always worth remembering that tyres are a very personal choice, ie. what I like won't necessarily feel confidence inspiring for you.