PDA

View Full Version : i'm a newbe n nearly a full biker lol

Amethyst
30-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Hi to everyone. I'm new to this forum stuff but thought I'd have a go. I've been practicing on my own 125 and I've got my test in a few days. Hopefully it'l go ok because I really fancy getting a monster 696. I'm assured that they are a good first big bike and are ideal for the novice rider. I love the look of them and when I sat on one I wanted to take it home then !! It made my little 125 feel like a toy. I've had loads of encouragment from my other half and he says that I am ready for a bigger bike with the way I ride my 125. So I am wondering if any one of you have any comments on the 696 and if it is true that they are a good first big bike. :idea:

Mr Cake
30-09-2008, 10:30 PM
The 696 is a super looking bike but has received mixed opinions, especially from the "MK1" Monster faithful out there. Go for it I say :thumbsup:

Chorley Cake

Nickj
30-09-2008, 11:28 PM
It'll do you nicely :)
One of my sisters got a new Hornet a few months ago which she didn't get on with. Sensible sister that she is has seen the light and is swapping out to a 695 on Wednesday.
As she said it feels light, handles nicely, sounds nice and looks cool.
Get one :thumbsup:

Arbeia
01-10-2008, 07:44 AM
Go for the monster i`m sure u`l be very happy with it. I had a 696 and loved the thing. it is the perfect 1st time bike and the seat is low espesially for the smaller ladies;) But be carefull as it begs to be opened up and can certainly be a licence loser;)

MrsJel
01-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Its certainly easier to manoeuvre at slow speed than the older monsters - go for it.

Carole

Amethyst
01-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi, thanks for all the info on the 696. Looks like I'll be getting one then. It's also a plus aswell because of the seat height as I am a 28inch leg (small n cuddly lol).