PDA

View Full Version : Brief Encounter

davetronic
29-09-2008, 04:33 AM
Well, finally got my 696 last month, then a few days later had to clear off to work in the US for a month. I'm back in the uk next week and can't wait to get on the bike!
I've had Harleys for the last few years (sorry - another born again biker!) but got fed up with the big financial hits, especially seeing prices in the US!
The Duc has been a revelation, but I feel the need for a bit of training to get the best out of it. Anyone recommend a decent scheme or whatever in the Kent area?
Loves so far? The looks, the gearbox (after a HD clunker!), the handling, the weight, a low seat height (I'll never be a basketball player) and a load of other stuff.
Dislikes so far? Burning my hand when putting the key in the seat lock, not having a centre stand.
Had an embarassing moment on day one, I couldn't pull away from a kerb without the engine stopping. A nice guy on a rice burner explained about the sidestand interlock before the watching crowd got too big.......
I just had to put red tape on the wheels also, is that a bit naff?
I also want to put the shorter thingy for the rear numberplate on, are they available yet anyone know.
Cheers for now
Dave

scrapps
29-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Hello and welcome:thumbsup:
I am not far away in herne bay and pass maidstone on the way to the kent ucmoc meets(second sunday of the month) at the oakdene cafe.
It would be good to see you out and about enjoying your new bike and i hope to see you at a ukmoc run/event soon.
I am sure lots of people from the club will be along to say hi soon.