PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma

gremlin
28-09-2008, 07:32 PM
heres one for you,
you put your bike in for the "Carole Nash" britains got biking tallent competition, and it gets into the top twelve and a place on the calender.
they want your bike for a photo shoot , and it has to be displayed on their stand at the forth coming NEC show. But you have also been asked to have your bike take pride of place on the "Streetfighters" stand at the same venue.
No contest you might say, the carole nash has got to be one of the most presigious places in the biking world for your bike to be displayed, not only promoting "shed dwellers" in the UK, but also promoting the fine insurance company that is Carole Nash, except that when you ask them for a quote, they point blank refuse to give you a quote as your bike is "Too Customized" .
what would you do ????

NewMon
28-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Tell 'em that unless they give me free insurance, I will be exhibiting on the other stand!

ladybird
28-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Tell 'em that unless they give me free insurance, I will be exhibiting on the other stand!

sounds fair bargaining

CK & AK
28-09-2008, 08:36 PM
heres one for you,
you put your bike in for the "Carole Nash" britains got biking tallent competition, and it gets into the top twelve and a place on the calender.
they want your bike for a photo shoot , and it has to be displayed on their stand at the forth coming NEC show. But you have also been asked to have your bike take pride of place on the "Streetfighters" stand at the same venue.
No contest you might say, the carole nash has got to be one of the most presigious places in the biking world for your bike to be displayed, not only promoting "shed dwellers" in the UK, but also promoting the fine insurance company that is Carole Nash, except that when you ask them for a quote, they point blank refuse to give you a quote as your bike is "Too Customized" .
what would you do ????

well, usually the stands are opposite or next to each other...

Dont take their word for it about 'too customised' - we've had a couple with them - (one still currently) - they need to have a written engineers report and all modified/one off parts listed, also at least 3 photos of the bike, you'll also need to put a minimum valuation.
I think if its valued over £20grand then you might well struggle with them tho.

Get a organ grinder on the phone, not a monkey... it took me quite a while the first time in 1999, but eventually they did come up trumps tho - and not so difficult the 2nd time :)

gremlin
28-09-2008, 09:03 PM
thats not the point, its now insured by someone else at an agreed value. its the fact it will be on their calender even though they refused to offer a quote..........and they want it to promote their company . its a bit hypocritical isnt it ??

CK & AK
28-09-2008, 09:06 PM
thats not the point, its now insured by someone else at an agreed value. its the fact it will be on their calender even though they refused to offer a quote..........and they want it to promote their company . its a bit hypocritical isnt it ??

oops, sorry - thought your first post from this morning was a question asking about insurance & what to do ref display, Gremlin :o hence the reply I gave :)

sheepshearer
28-09-2008, 09:43 PM
> ...and they want it to promote their company . its a bit hypocritical isnt it ??

will you care in 5 years time, or even in two? i don't imagine all 11 other bikes on the calendar are all insured by CN (especially given their "too difficult to insure cos we ain't got enough check boxes" system)

brand loyalty to insurance companies/brokers can't ever be that strong can it? go with who you want to, i don't think anyone else would criticise you for either. if it was me i'd take the CN photoshoot - aside from everything else it's got to be the most fun

CK & AK
28-09-2008, 09:46 PM
> ...and they want it to promote their company . its a bit hypocritical isnt it ??

will you care in 5 years time, or even in two? i don't imagine all 11 other bikes on the calendar are all insured by CN (especially given their "too difficult to insure cos we ain't got enough check boxes" system)

brand loyalty to insurance companies/brokers can't ever be that strong can it? go with who you want to, i don't think anyone else would criticise you for either. if it was me i'd take the CN photoshoot - aside from everything else it's got to be the most fun

nice one :D

We did the other - put the bike on the Streetfighter stand (but took the offer of extremely discounted insurance first from CN). However, we did get a great day out for the Streetfighter shoot in 2004 :)

Blah blah
29-09-2008, 07:23 PM
If they ain't willing to provide cover, then why put it on their stand so that they can say "look what we insure"??? Stick it on Streetfighters' stand with a note saying "CN won't insure this"

I am a bit biased because of having had my chop insured with them for several years, when I swapped it over for the Monster they happily informed me that they'd been insuring it as a standard XJ750 for the last 2 - despite providing lots of pictures, reports, copies of MoTs etc