PDA

View Full Version : ladies leathers

ladybird
25-09-2008, 07:14 PM
why is it they only seem to come in size 8 - 14 (and all cut on the small side to)???? :(
i realistically never expect to be a size 12
after being under the illusion that i may have been slightly less cuddly than i now am, i now am in mumpf mode
is it just worth having some made to measure or should i persevere in my quest?

ok, so less pies will be a start, but still that only works for so long and there are some parts that doesn't effect in that way

retskcid
26-09-2008, 06:55 AM
I've had the same Furygan leather pants for over 10 years, and I've gone from 10 1/2 to north of 12 1/2 stone in that time - but the pants still fit (I keep telling myself!). The secret seems to be in the large band of elastic around the waist!

Good luck

Rich

slob
26-09-2008, 08:36 AM
9-Lives in Farnborough are great if you decide to go made to measure route.

singletrack
26-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi ladybird - I know what you mean. It is difficult to get leathers if you are any more than size 10/12.

Dainese (and Ducati) go up to size 18 ( but realistically size 14)
Hein Gericke do some nice (ish) leathers in normal sizes.
And Girls bike 2 do some reasonable sizes too - but they are often a bit too "girly" for my liking.
The biggest problem is finding some in a good size to try on! Stores can get them but don't seem to stock them!
I went through the options having some leathers made-to-measure last year but only a couple of places seemed to do them for ladies of my size - apparently some places had to have a set in a nearly-size to adjust (?). I was then no-where near any size they did!
I was measured at Crowtree, but then decided to lose weight - so thought I would wait.

Eventually I decided to get a cheap set of Hein Gericke leathers and order some Ducati ones when I lose a bit more weight - although that's started going the wrong way now. :banghead:

I have promised myself some nice new leathers for the spring - let me know how you get on and what you decide.

Anne

JerryXt
26-09-2008, 08:58 AM
+ ! for made to measure. I've got road kit that fits fine - it needs to be a bit baggy to fit liners or jumpers underneath when it's cold, but not so good on track where you need armour to stay in place. That's where m2m is best IMHO.

Mand
26-09-2008, 09:10 AM
I just think it is dead tricky "full stop" for women to find decent leathers to fit properly.

I can't wear a one piece because I am blessed with lady hips (who'd have thought it eh?!) and long legs, I have never been able to find a jacket and trousers in the same make to fit me properly, the trousers are usually too narrow in the legs or too large around the waist.

The leather trousers I wear the majority of the time are Hein Geriche and jacket is a Dainese but I still had the lovely Julie sew me a smaller zip into my jacket so I could zip them together.

Jerry is right, it is good to have a bit of give to fit your long johns and windstoppers underneath!

Good luck Ladybird, maybe made to measure is the way forward? Yes you should stop eating pies and move on to cake instead, you know it makes sense! :chuckle:

Nonnie
26-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Ladybird, it has nothing to do with pies or cake. What tosh!

When you are not looking, the wardrobe fairies enter and make things smaller. There is nothing you can do about it. It's the Law.

Made to measure and a very strong wardrobe lock are really the way forward.

Hope this helps!

xx

JerryXt
26-09-2008, 11:18 AM
crikey, just realise this is a ladies thread.

Am I embarrassed at walking into the wrong room :o

Nonnie
26-09-2008, 11:48 AM
It's alright Jerry, we've all done it.........

gary tompkins
26-09-2008, 12:09 PM

Yup - the give away is the lack of urinals or trough to use

Spoils all the fun of games like chase the dog end IMO :p

SazzaG
26-09-2008, 12:13 PM
As for getting leathers for the shorter lady, don't get me started.....

Size 16 and 5'2" = no bloomin chance!

SazzaG
26-09-2008, 12:16 PM
why is it they only seem to come in size 8 - 14 (and all cut on the small side to)???? :([/SIZE]

That's a good point - why do they cut them so small?? There's no point in even having labels in some bike clothes for ladies, as they bear no relation to standard sizing. Really winds me up.

gremlin
26-09-2008, 04:20 PM
I found one or two really good places in Norfolk, Wymondham motorcycle accessories, where I got mine from, and also made to measure either Ace Leathers or Elmers Motorcycle clothing, also a lovely lady at Palgrave who does Bering stuff, having trawled the net for half an hour I can't find her again. Her details were on file but since the computer died I've lost everything. All have anything for midgets like me to those of more Rubenesque stature. I know the Palgrave lady did mail order. It does seem daft considering most ladies are now larger. I had loads of problems being 5'1" and 8/10, it was really depressing. Everywhere did 14/18 with legs that went on forever. I know it's bit of a hike for you but it may be worth a day trip.

ladybird
26-09-2008, 04:24 PM
thanks for un-mumpfing me :)
thank goodness it's friday at last (and i've barely done half a week)
could plan a ladies day out (and/or a visit to my mum in thetford)

Nonnie
26-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Oh God Ladybird, you have relatives here. I'm so sorry.

Can't get out at the moment but you pop in for coffee and cakies and we'll have a complete bitchfest about those bloody wardrobe fairies.

retskcid
27-09-2008, 06:51 AM

I just reaslised the same thing - I didn't understand the question...

benson
27-09-2008, 08:33 AM
Ladybird - have you tried Hein Gericke at Gants Hill? Louie the owner has always made sure there's a decent stock of women's kit and it comes in a whole range of sizes.. Nonnie - did you mention coffee and cake and wardrobe fairies? Drat those blasted demons of size reduction...

CK & AK
27-09-2008, 07:18 PM
Ladyburd - try Hein gerike at Farnboro, they've managed to fit me out (and I didnt take the largest sizes they had either!).
They are happy to order in sizes if they have them out of stock for you. Worth a trundle to check them out before going further afield. Nine Lives are round the corner, so if you do find some that fit the important bits, then you could pop in to get a few acres taken out of the bits where they might not fit (I did with one set).

Hope this helps, but in the mean time do as Nonnie says - keep those wardrobe fairies at bay - I find they visit mine at the end of the winter! :(

CK

ladybird
27-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I've just spotted a set of cuddlysize JTS on fleabay, are JTS any good?

miffythedark
27-09-2008, 10:45 PM
hi i have got jts trousers and hein gericke jacket ,both are very nice thanks x jts very very helpful on phone . you can send it back if they do not fit. i wear normal jeans from next in a 14 and my jts trousers are 16 . the 18 ones fit nice as well but have bit more room in them.
i had trouble fitting into any hg trousers as am rather hippy and have chunky legs !
go for the jts ones and see what you think .:thumbsup:

lilbikerlady
13-05-2009, 11:07 PM
As for getting leathers for the shorter lady, don't get me started.....

Size 16 and 5'2" = no bloomin chance!

~See it's the wardrobe Faeries again!!!~:p

lilbikerlady
13-05-2009, 11:10 PM
I was a size 8...god knows what size I am now...I can just get me leathers to the thighs but can't get the zip up...jeez that's depressing!!!:hissy::tgoe::eek:

Liz
29-05-2009, 09:49 AM
I went to George White, Swindon recently and tried on loads of leather trousers all different makes and all supposed to be a size 10 - none fitted - they were either too small or too big - but all supposed to be the same size - ha! Came away with none and really fed up!

muthaducka
29-05-2009, 10:55 AM
What about trying blokes gear? (no comedy element intended)

My wife's 6ft and whenever I can manage to drag her to a bike garage, she just prowls around picking at the short jackets. She struggles getting jeans long enough as well.

I keep suggesting that she try some bloke stuff on but she won't. If the ball was on the other foot, I understand therefore I don't push it :)

Liz
29-05-2009, 11:06 AM
Blokes stuff is even worse - and I think you're right not to push it!

Ducmon
29-05-2009, 12:12 PM
This firm does good leathers for women and they are special offer at the moment. 73 % discount.

http://www.harro-shop.de/ and go to the link %schaäppchen.

ladybird
23-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Right, problem solved, wallet ouchy, however an excellent service so far and bloomin' quick.
Just bedding them in and may have them adjusted, they are a bit big on the tummy.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=12857&d=1248357077http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=12858&d=1248357093

Lucati
23-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Yup - the give away is the lack of urinals or trough to use

Spoils all the fun of games like chase the dog end IMO :p

I just read ladies and leather and thought I'd have a look.... not quite what I was expecting! I'll get my coat.

singletrack
23-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Ladybird - they are great!

I need some "singletrack" ones!

Do you have a contact number/email address?

benson
23-07-2009, 08:35 PM
That looks absolutely fantastic - bloomin great!!!!!:D:D:D

Wish you many many happy miles!:yoparty:

gremlin
23-07-2009, 09:04 PM
They're rather snazzy! Bet you'll get loads of questions about the back logo.

Paivi
24-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Cool leathers, girlie! :thumbsup:

ladybird
24-07-2009, 10:26 AM
:grin: they are starting to loosen now :)
singletrack, http://www.haloleathers.com/contact.asp
(they was not cheep, but I figured I will probably wear them everyday for years so it will work out)

MonstaChicky
27-07-2009, 09:24 AM
They look great, Ladybird! I've promised myself I'll get Chicky put across the butt of my suit when I get my kneedown...nearly there!!! I got my leathers off the peg after a LOT of shopping around...got a Dainese 2-piece...again, not cheap, but great fit :)

Paivi
27-07-2009, 01:07 PM
They look great, Ladybird! I've promised myself I'll get Chicky put across the butt of my suit when I get my kneedown...
I've been toying with the idea of putting 'Ricambio originale' (genuine spare part) on my leathers... :D

Liz
27-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Ladybird, they look great! How did they put the logo on?

I still can't find a decent pair of leather trousers - the sizes are just all over the place! I just want a pair that will give me protection on the hips and knees (just in case!), but don't 'gape' at the back when you sit down - I don't think it's too much to ask?!

ladybird
28-07-2009, 08:38 AM
Ladybird, they look great! How did they put the logo on?

I still can't find a decent pair of leather trousers - the sizes are just all over the place! I just want a pair that will give me protection on the hips and knees (just in case!), but don't 'gape' at the back when you sit down - I don't think it's too much to ask?!

Stitched leather logo :)