PDA

View Full Version : am i getting too cocky?

luvmaduke
24-09-2008, 03:43 PM
:pedro: my friends , firstly martha is well , better than well she is fabulous. However I'm not getting that real adrenaline kick when pushed on. I have been browsing mcn , autotrader and the like (on the Q T) at something with a few more CC. The options seem endless , however being only 5'6" in 6 pairs of fat socks at best , I still want something low enough to feel comfortable. opinions please on the next move upwards , this may take some working on with mrs woman :grump:so no immediate rush :banghead:, but it would be nice to have a few suggestions , as always peace and luv comrades kieran

benson
24-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Kieran - first of all I'd drop the "Mrs Woman" element - if she sees this written she might no be your biggest fan - and secondly it sounds a bit patronising - especially from a self confessed short ar*e...

My suggestions are now limited to bikes - to be honest it depends on what you're riding now and how you're riding it - I'd get out there and test ride a few of the machines that take your fancy and then think again - and work out what you have to spend.

Benson (Mrs!)

Nickj
24-09-2008, 05:51 PM
The 750 and 900 are pretty much the same size and not too different in weight.
It of course depends on the ££'s available really whether you go for a carbed or injection series.
There's always the S4's, fair ammount of go in them and lots more available from the motor. More than enough to get the :eek: OMG factor back into riding!!

Sounds like you'd be best off going for a 900. Make sure the houses white goods are up to scratch before you do start a campaign for it.

If all else fails just fit a knackered set of tyres or some vintage avon SMs, add 50cc of oil to one fork leg and take 50 out of the other and set up the rear suspension for a 33stone rider. For extra effect oil the disks lightly on a daily basis. That should add a considerable thrill factor LOL

Bodybag
24-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I'd say go for the S4 too. The engine is a 916 watercooled but from the ST4, not the 916 Superbike. The difference is in the low and midrange. The ST4 916 engine actually has more torque than the 916 superbike engine which is exactly what you want on a Monster. It'll bring the grin factor straight back to you, especially with an open airbox and race termis on!! :D

luvmaduke
24-09-2008, 07:32 PM
thanx 4 replies , the S4's seem to be good value , is there any big problem with these ? there seems to be a good few of them available. dishwasher just installed this week , and finishing the grouting on the tiling on me next day off. Benson (mrs) apologies if i came across patronising , this was just a silly attempt at humour accept my humblest. must go now as 'er indoors is running me a bath and cooking me dinner before polishing martha , look forward to all responses , luv as always kieran

JMo
24-09-2008, 08:03 PM
New V-Max - low seat, 200bhp... reckon you're man enough for that?!

xxx

retskcid
24-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Hello there,

I bought an S4 (my first monster) in February(£2,500 on ebay), and have only just gotten to use it regularly because I've had no end of problems - nothing major (reg/rec, battery, starter clutch, and a full service), just neglet from the previous owner. Just make sure you look at well looked after examples and you should be ok, they are a blast to ride! I'm really pleased with mine - despite the probs!

Good luck.

Rich

luvmaduke
24-09-2008, 10:15 PM
v-max? 200bhp , probably need double layered undercrackers for that! like the sound of an s4 , the money is reasonable on them which is good and still love the look of them , i think big phil likes them as well!

Mr Cake
29-09-2008, 10:10 PM
You'll soon get bored of that too.

Nickj
30-09-2008, 12:11 PM
New V-Max - low seat, 200bhp... reckon you're man enough for that?!

xxx

Speed limited, chops at 135. OK more than fast enough but for the price you'd expect a no limits kind of beast

JMo
30-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Speed limited, chops at 135. OK more than fast enough but for the price you'd expect a no limits kind of beast

I agree, but I'm sure the Germans will find a way around it... (I would put a winking smilie here, but I refuse to use such inane symbolism in leu of wit and correct punctuation...)

xxx

Bodybag
30-09-2008, 04:03 PM
I agree, but I'm sure the Germans will find a way around it... (I would put a winking smilie here, but I refuse to use such inane symbolism in leu of wit and correct punctuation...)

xxx

But you will use 3 "Periods" in a row. Tut tut. And surely after "I agree" there should be a semi-colon? lol

P.S. "leu" is spelt "lieu"

I'll get my coat! :D

JMo
30-09-2008, 06:24 PM
But you will use 3 "Periods" in a row. Tut tut. And surely after "I agree" there should be a semi-colon? lol

P.S. "leu" is spelt "lieu"

I'll get my coat! :D

No need to get your coat, I consider myself suitably berated for that chronic spelling error (which I can't even blame on a US spec spell-checker)... however, I would take issue with the semi-colon vs. comma debate...

Nice to hear from you again BB xx

ps. as for the triple period, that pales into insignificance next to anyone over the age of 12 using LOL to describe anything, unless followed by another L and a Y... Mmmmmm... a Zoom I think...

Julie
30-09-2008, 07:10 PM

xxx

smilie faces are a no no - however you think it's okay to put kisses after every post?

JMo
30-09-2008, 09:11 PM
smilie faces are a no no - however you think it's okay to put kisses after every post?

Yes I do - I like to spread the love around...

xxx

Mr Cake
30-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Smileys are brill! Even the proper toss ones like this :tgoe:

Cakey Smiley:biggrin:

JMo
01-10-2008, 02:22 AM
Hmmmmmmm... I think we can consider this thread well and truly hi-jacked...

xxx

luvmaduke
03-10-2008, 09:14 PM
:biggrin:so let me get this right , smilies are ok??:woot: but xxx after message is not :thumbsdown: its surely all about the love isn't it:scratch: a bit late on this i'm afraid but responses are encouraged , and as always , love to all :heart: kieran