PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of getting an official north east section?

Arbeia
18-09-2008, 11:28 AM
I was just enquiring if it would be possible to get a north east section officialy recognised in regional anouncements which would cover cleveland to nothhumberland and everywhere in between ,this side of the pennines?

nambduke
18-09-2008, 12:35 PM
.....a Yorkshire Region. I picked up the North Yorkshire (Guisborough/Whitby/Scarborough/York stuff) with help from Yorkie - we must organise that night out in York!! - and Lowsider (Nick) picked up 'Yorkshire' as he's based out of Inkley. It seems to work for the size of group we are.

Might be a suggestion to have a Northumberland section? This could cover Newcastle/Sunderland/Durham or North of the River Tees for those who don't have any idea where the north east actually is. We shouldn't forget....and I do.....we have the Ducati Up North (DUN) group who are in regular contact with UKMOC especially for some runs/events.

I don't think Cleveland actually exists now as a county....neither does Teesside, Langbaurgh or mixtures inbetween.....look at the local airport for clues....Durham Tees Valley???? What's that all about??

By the way....how are the bruises doing??

Regards,
Mark
nambduke

Arbeia
18-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Bruises and breaks are very sore and im still in hospital,thanx:cry:

I hear what your saying about d.u.n but its not spasificly monsters only and there is alot of monsteristi up here.
I can understand why the teeside lads dont have a probs with being included in the yorkshire region as its a neighbouring county but peeps from tyne and wear are miles from yorkshire.
It takes 45 mins to get from sunderland to middleborough.
We are the true northerners.
It would make sense to have a tyne and wear section as we are seperate county.
I think that teeside airport has become durham and teeside but as far as i know teeside is still teeside.

Blind Alan
25-09-2008, 07:41 PM
Us yorkies dont want teesside in yorkshire. :look:
Bloody smoggies...:p:p:p

You lot in the north east can have them... :D