PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Coventry/m696

chippy1964
16-09-2008, 04:23 PM
Went out sunday for a spin on my s4rs and the misses on her new monnie 696 all was well until she pulled out of a turning and the throttle stuck open sending her acroos the other side of the road, she managed to get it under control and pull over, i just thought she wanted to get home quick, she was a little shaken but ok, then the brave women had to ride it home, thankfuly it behaved itself, i took it for a spin as you do and found that something wasnt right with it, plus it needed more miles on it for its 1st service so i took it to the ace and back and had a good run around MK roundabouts( god does it handle or wat, great fun knee down bike), the service light now on it was booked into Ducati Coventry,(today) told them of the problem and they got someone on it immidiatly, got a nice cup of coffee a good chat with Mark Bolton( nice bloke a chappers ?), misses had a brief moment in the toilet with Micheal Rutter ?, and what a great bloke MR John Hacket is as usual, a few hours later the bike was serviced and washed, the problem fixed. took it home and wow what a difference, great bike and as for Ducati coventry, excellent service, amazing shop, and seriously nice people, thankyou all very much.

walpole68
16-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I have to say my 696 is the most fun bike i have ever owned,its just so easy to ride fast through the bends,even the sports bikes i have owned havent been so easy to ride quickly.My find my throttle sticks as well but i think that might have some thing to do with me !

chippy1964
16-09-2008, 05:15 PM
They found a problem, your sticking throttle could be what was wrong with my wifes, there is a sensor on the exhaust which communicates with the throttle, and thats what the problem was, apparently the leads are the wrong way round, and they corrected it and the difference is amazing, ask your dealer as its easily corrected. mr and mrs stormie.

walpole68
16-09-2008, 06:05 PM
They found a problem, your sticking throttle could be what was wrong with my wifes, there is a sensor on the exhaust which communicates with the throttle, and thats what the problem was, apparently the leads are the wrong way round, and they corrected it and the difference is amazing, ask your dealer as its easily corrected. mr and mrs stormie.

No mine has some thing to do with me liking the sound from my termis too much...!