PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Indianapolis

Mr Cake
14-09-2008, 08:10 PM
http://d.yimg.com/i//ng/sp/eurosport/20080914/25/2eef236a10955629e63c348b7be541b6.jpg
Championship leader Valentino Rossi made it four victories in a row by winning the weather-curtailed Indianpolis MotoGP on Sunday.

The Italian extended his lead at the top of the standings to 87 points after finishing ahead of Nicky Hayden.

Defending champion Casey Stoner was down in fourth place.

The MotoGP was cut short when heavy rain and wind began lashing the famous Brickyard track, hosting its first two-wheeled race since 1909.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/7615808.stm

Pedro
14-09-2008, 11:16 PM
That was scary wet.... amazed no one binned it.

craigie
15-09-2008, 06:22 AM
A shame for the 250's, first time they get to America and they can't race.
Strange and unexciting race though.

slob
15-09-2008, 06:44 AM
Strange and unexciting race though.

you should have come to Anglesey

benson
15-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Good morning all - glad Mr Rossi is reigning again - sorry, no crap pun intended. So Slob - a little wet over the weekend? Hope those new purchases passed the weather test!

Kato
15-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Well what a surprise Motogp is turning into F1, that was a complete farce typical of the american's pissup in a brewery springs to mind, the race should have been cancelled not just run for enough time for Rossi to get to the front then red flagged..

BluprintZ
15-09-2008, 09:45 AM
That was scary wet.... amazed no one binned it.

PM sent Ped.

Pedro
15-09-2008, 03:37 PM
PM sent Ped.

Eh, not received

craigie
15-09-2008, 06:45 PM
you should have come to Anglesey

I wish I had, successful weekend?

slob
15-09-2008, 06:58 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29875

craigie
15-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Well done.

Blah blah
15-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Well what a surprise Motogp is turning into F1, that was a complete farce typical of the american's pissup in a brewery springs to mind, the race should have been cancelled not just run for enough time for Rossi to get to the front then red flagged..

So, Rossi passes loads of people, posts numerous fastest laps in worsening conditions and has a huge lead over Hayden when it's red flagged, and it's a farce because he won? :scratch:

Mind you, if it had been F1 and as the red one wasn't winning, I'm sure that he would have been given a penalty for running treaded tyres or something similar...

Gilps
16-09-2008, 06:47 AM
I thought that was a great race. There was some fantastic riding from Hayden and Rossi. I loved the fact that Hayden kicked Dani's ass. When will Honda wake up to the fact that they may build a decent bike but they will always require people to ride the things. Their people skills are just so lacking.
The only low point for me was an almost F1 style attempt to appease the crowds with the farcical sprint restart which thankfully didn't happen. I think if that had taken place then it really would have spoilt the race.
Rossi showed what a great all rounder he is by his performance in the wet. Jorge rode well too and it's good to see him getting his mojo back.
I'm already looking forwards to next year. I think it's going to be a fantastic season next year with Rossi defending a title rather than trying to regain it. We may see a few more after race antics from him. Jorge and Hayden are going to be the ones to watch too. I love watching Jorge, such a talent and a definite future world champion. And how determined is Hayden going to be to make Honda look bad. He's going to be doing all he can to beat little Dani.