PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate accessory for a UK Monster owner

squiffything
12-09-2008, 11:02 AM
OK for all you UKMOCers did you know that DVLA have available on the cherished number plate list the registration plates for UK _ _ MOC running from numbers 02 to 08 and 51 to 58. Show your support for the bestest Monster Forum and at only £799 what a bargain :biggrin:

Lowsider
12-09-2008, 11:29 AM
UK_ _ MOC is also available

squiffything
12-09-2008, 11:50 AM
UK_ _ MOC is also available

lol damn my simple brain edited as required :)

Stafford
12-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Is there any chance that DVLA can supply a show plate in the price?

NewMon
12-09-2008, 03:52 PM
The way second hand values are going, the plate will be worth more than my bike!

PeterPoddy
12-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Please explain why I would want to pay £799 to advertise someone elses website, when 99.9% of people will never even notice it's a private plate anyway?

Pedro
12-09-2008, 06:01 PM
Please explain why I would want to pay £799 to advertise someone elses website, when 99.9% of people will never even notice it's a private plate anyway?

That's the spirit, support your club......

Albie
12-09-2008, 06:05 PM
LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I missed out around 2 years ago on S400 ALB for £250. Wished I had done it now.:grump:

Blah blah
12-09-2008, 06:25 PM
Just need to buy a bike that isn't eleventy million years old, then I could have one !!

PeterPoddy
12-09-2008, 07:17 PM

It's not mine. It's just free forum that I use, and which only a few other Monster owners know about. That's the whole point.

If I was going to get a plate it would be something that actually means something to all bikers, at least, like MY08MON or MY08DUC........

Pedro
12-09-2008, 07:50 PM
......which only a few other Monster owners know about.

Only a few know about? We've signed on over 1300 new members this year so we've got something over 3000 registered users.

PeterPoddy
12-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Only a few know about? We've signed on over 1300 new members this year so we've got something over 3000 registered users.

Out of, ohh, 65 million in the UK, that's a few.
And how many of those 3000 are active? 100?
3000 is nowt to shout about. We have a local MTB forum with 234 registered users, and that's mainly within a 10 mile radius of my house! Try checking the traffic on singletrackworld.co.uk. It blows this place apart.

:D

Pedro
12-09-2008, 08:03 PM
3000 is nowt to shout about. We have a local MTB forum with 234 registered users, and that's mainly within a 10 mile radius of my house! Try checking the traffic on singletrackworld.co.uk. It blows this place apart.

Well if it's that good perhaps you'd be better off spending your time there - I've had several complaints recently so unless you have something positive to offer, mind the door doesn't hit you on the way out

PeterPoddy
12-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Well if it's that good perhaps you'd be better off spending your time there - I've had several complaints recently so unless you have something positive to offer, mind the door doesn't hit you on the way out

I do!
:)

And please check this out -
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29861

and this
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29627
That took a while to take, edit and host the pics, then write up.

and this
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29649

Those are the ones that spring to mind readily....

nik_the_brief
12-09-2008, 08:25 PM

I think you'll find that (popular though it is as a bike) there are far fewer than 65 million Monster owners in the UK. :rolleyes:

Albie
12-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Fantastic. Made my friday nite.:ukm:
Now whats the post :woot:

LVC
12-09-2008, 09:56 PM
We have a local MTB forum with 234 registered users, and that's mainly within a 10 mile radius of my house! Try checking the traffic on singletrackworld.co.uk. It blows this place apart.

That's really impressive - even more impressive is that fact that there are 234 users within a 10 mile radius of Farnborough and not a single Mountain anywhere near you :dizzy:

I guess the Mountain Bikes are needed to navigate the very tricky Clock House roundabout or the extremely flat Black Water Valley relief road :scratch:

If there's no "Motor in it, it's not sport" :banana::ukm::banana:

S4R Dude
13-09-2008, 09:07 AM
A lot of money for a plate why? Beyond me.

If i have the funds spare like that it will go on nice bits for the bike not something that really means nothing.

squiffything
13-09-2008, 04:24 PM
Ooo I love it when a post I put up starts a heated debate :)

Erm I wasn't really suggesting you might actually want to go and buy it I just noted for interest that it was there. FFS you lot can't even post up a few pictures for free to produce a bloomin calender so paying out real money to buy a numberplate for a website would be like Oh I don't know spending £5 billion on producing a tunnel that goes nowhere to see if you can end the world by accident.

Ped has anyone complained about me yet?!? :biggrin:

(must try harder to be more contriversial and argumentative)

dlloyduk
13-09-2008, 07:13 PM
Controversial thread watching with interest.

Does this site belong to anyone or is it as I thought-Run by members for the benefit of members?

fatbloke
13-09-2008, 07:25 PM
the site belongs to no one

Blah blah
13-09-2008, 07:32 PM
(must try harder to be more contriversial and argumentative)

says the hypermoped rider :freak: on the Monster forum...

Stafford
13-09-2008, 08:15 PM
FFS you lot can't even post up a few pictures for free to produce a bloomin calender so paying out real money to buy a numberplate for a website would be like Oh I don't know spending £5 billion on producing a tunnel that goes nowhere to see if you can end the world by accident.

What I think you meant to say was you can't even get'em to vote on a calender mate :woot:

Stafford
13-09-2008, 08:16 PM
LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: I missed out around 2 years ago on S400 ALB for £250. Wished I had done it now.:grump:

You can have S4 DKE for £250

Stafford
13-09-2008, 08:18 PM

I do I put UKMOC at the bottom of my plate, cost me money that did.

Right it's been a long day I'm off for some more cold Newcastle Brown.

Mr Cake
14-09-2008, 08:44 PM
That's really impressive - even more impressive is that fact that there are 234 users within a 10 mile radius of Farnborough and not a single Mountain anywhere near you :dizzy:

I guess the Mountain Bikes are needed to navigate the very tricky Clock House roundabout or the extremely flat Black Water Valley relief road :scratch:

If there's no "Motor in it, it's not sport" :banana::ukm::banana:

That was going so well until the last part where you sound like a right :fou: I really like darts :thumbsup:

squiffything
15-09-2008, 06:27 AM
What I think you meant to say was you can't even get'em to vote on a calender mate :woot:

No, in the second stint of pics for the calender only one member posted pics other than myself no point in trying to do something if no one can be bothered it's why I have given up with it.

benson
15-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Hello Squiffy - 'm pleased you posted this up actually - I have M900YUM on my monster and paid £250 for it a few years ago after FB told me about the cherished plates - yes it cost bling money but it's a decision I've never regretted and if I had the funds my hyper would also have a cherished plate but as it is EU KOW are a set of letters that seem to go together quite well (they also had EU KOK but I haven't got one of those - I only know a few if you get my drift...) ANYWAY - thanks for the information - that's what it was - not a slaes pitch or anything. It always amazes me that people seem to have the energy to tell you what they don't like or don't want or that your ideas are crap but never enough energy to do helpful things! Hope your hyper is still making you smile - mine feels somewhat neglected as it's been the monster that's been out most in the last few weeks...

Se you soon - cherished plates or not!!!

squiffything
15-09-2008, 07:15 AM
Thanks for that Rach, the Hyper was out to play this weekend and is currently my choice of transport to get me to work everyday. I think it's pretty cool riding down Newmarket High Street in a suit and tie on the naughtybike :)

OK before anybody shouts that was a joke I do not ride in a suit it's full protective trousers and jacket over a suit but it would be cool if not just a little silly.

slob
15-09-2008, 08:13 AM
I think it's pretty cool riding down Newmarket High Street in a suit and tie on.

Squiffy, Squiffy, Squiffy, suit and tie is never cool unless your name is Jake or Elwood, or you're one of Robert Palmer's backing band.... actually scratch that second option, the mental picture of you in a business suit with mini-skirt has just popped into my head and I don't feel so well.

squiffything
15-09-2008, 08:26 AM
.........the mental picture of you in a business suit with mini-skirt has just popped into my head and I don't feel so well.

PMSL You sure you've not been to one of our office christmas parties?

Mrs Soup
15-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I did shell out a bit extra for S2R LO when I got the bike. If you're buying a new bike then it's worth checking the DVLA site as they hadn't cottoned on to either S2R or S4R.

Sorry to be boring and back on topic.

blueguzzi
15-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Hello Squiffy - 'm pleased you posted this up actually - I have M900YUM on my monster and paid £250 for it a few years ago after FB told me about the cherished plates - yes it cost bling money but it's a decision I've never regretted
Se you soon - cherished plates or not!!!

Ah yes well......I have been keeping a low profile on this thread....but since Rach has owned up... I also have M900UKM on my Monster... there Ive said it and I feel so proud.
Thanks to FB who I bought the bike from including the plate..

ta ta for now,, I will see some of you in Belgium land.

benson
15-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Hurrah for those of us with super dooper cherished plates - and those without!