PDA

View Full Version : Today Im listening to..........................

Albie
11-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Just thought I would tell you what Im listening to. Thought it might be a good idea if when you bought a CD or heard about something you like or even dislike for any reason you could post and say why good , why bad and what type of music it is.

Nothing more than that only to help others.

The Script.
11 tracks

Nice easy listening music.
Much alike to Maroon 5
Most songs about blokes obviously sad about being dumped. Have related to that LOL
2 singles released off CD
Very Sting soundalike but lyrics are less poem like.

Rated by me 7/10

Tomorrow Im getting Elbow as been dying to get it since seeing them on Abbey Road series

giler
12-09-2008, 08:08 AM
This morning on the way to work - Tom Waits - Swordfishtrombones.

Lucati
12-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Coldplay - cos I went to see them in concert in Paris on Tuesday and they are bloody fantastic - Viva la Vida should be the next terrace chant for England!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6JGRI1MzNg

ladybird
12-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Today I am subjecting the office to The Definative Rolf Harris
because they deserve it.
It's quite bouncy.

Lucati
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
'Do you know what it is yet?'

The Mrs bought me a Stylophone for my birthday this year, Rolf rocks!

Mand
12-09-2008, 09:41 AM
'Do you know what it is yet?'

The Mrs bought me a Stylophone for my birthday this year, Rolf rocks!

Oooo a retro toy! I had one those when I was a kid.

I am mainly listening to Radio Two in the office - only because the newsreaders are so much more calming than the idiots on Radio One.

Lucati
12-09-2008, 09:49 AM
Now I'm not sure of your age Mand and a chap should never ask a lady but I believe that Radio 2 is the new Radio 1 for anyone over the age of 22!

Personally I'm bewildered as to why anyone would listen to the likes of Edith 'I'm not sure if i'm scottish or cockney' Bowman, Chris 'talentless tw*t Moyles, Scott Mills, Judge Jules .....agggggh!!!!!!

I feel this may open a can of worms - sorry!

Mand
12-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Now I'm not sure of your age Mand and a chap should never ask a lady but I believe that Radio 2 is the new Radio 1 for anyone over the age of 22!

Personally I'm bewildered as to why anyone would listen to the likes of Edith 'I'm not sure if i'm scottish or cockney' Bowman, Chris 'talentless tw*t Moyles, Scott Mills, Judge Jules .....agggggh!!!!!!

I don't mind Radio One to be honest. I like Vernon Kaye and I like D!ck and Dom at the weekend. However, I do have a problem with the Newsbeat team and weekday DJ's (They are so far up their own backsides it is beyond belief!!!) however some of the music is fine.

We have a quiet office today, so we can have Radio Two on, it is generally more calming.... :) I do switch off though when Jeremy Vine comes on - now that man is a total t*sser!

When the office is full, I've been listening to Manchester Rock Radio 106.10Fm via the web and that ain't too bad! The DJ's are a bit cheesy but I quite like that to be honest.

Must be an age thing!!!

Plum
12-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Today i have been mostly listening to

Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders (he is the Foo Fighters drummer dont ya know)

The Prodigy cause they were in Jersey the other week and they rocked

Now listening to Hadouken

Best part of my job is being able to indulge in my hobby of music!

bigredduke
12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Best programme on Radio by far is Radcliffe & McConie 8-10pm Mon-Thurs R2. Witty, intelligent stuff & great music.

I bought "Seldom seen kid" about 6 months ago, it's teriffic! Agree on the Script, very like Maroon 5 but I really like both their albums

Lucati
12-09-2008, 01:26 PM
Today i have been mostly listening to

Taylor Hawkins and the Coattail Riders (he is the Foo Fighters drummer dont ya know)

The Prodigy cause they were in Jersey the other week and they rocked

Now listening to Hadouken

Best part of my job is being able to indulge in my hobby of music!

Whats your job? I'm intrigued!

Plum
12-09-2008, 03:07 PM
IT Bod for a large law firm.......!

I basically plug the iPod in to my desk speakers.....never have any complaints about my taste in music. Even the director knows i listen to it.

Keep your workers happy and they will do a good job i say

sprintbint
12-09-2008, 03:13 PM
The rain coming down........:rolleyes:

mad_turnips
12-09-2008, 03:16 PM
bonkers 4 Hixxys mix ( happy hardcore) or i have a youtube playlist with loads of stuff like lost prophets and superbus( awsome french pop punk band )

mad_turnips
12-09-2008, 03:18 PM
your practice sounds awsome Mand ( apart from the radio 2 bit ;) ) boss frowns on radio here so its headphones all the way

Mand
12-09-2008, 03:21 PM
your practice sounds awsome Mand ( apart from the radio 2 bit ;) ) boss frowns on radio here so its headphones all the way

It's okay, it's either good or completely sh!te and only sh!te because of clients, stupid contractors, (yes you know how you are!!!) and people trying to sell me mobile phones for the company. As for the boss telling us we can't have the radio on, :chuckle::chuckle: oh I laugh so much, he is never in..... !

Do you have wear suits as well?

S4Rs-Tone
12-09-2008, 03:36 PM

i totally agree chris moyels what a complete numpty , the only trouble i have with 2 is chris evans at 5pm , i use to like him but now he tries to hard and the minute 5pm hits i switch normally to classic fm , is that the radio 1 for the over 40's.

mad_turnips
12-09-2008, 03:36 PM
nope jeans and a IOM tt 2008 shirt atm ;) have got shoes on but its usually black vans

i do the whole shirt tie suit thing if i go to a meeting/ site but thats not that often thankfully

Mand
12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
nope jeans and a IOM tt 2008 shirt atm ;) have got shoes on but its usually black vans

i do the whole shirt tie suit thing if i go to a meeting/ site but thats not that often thankfully

ahh bit like here then.

Lucati
12-09-2008, 04:09 PM
i totally agree chris moyels what a complete numpty , the only trouble i have with 2 is chris evans at 5pm , i use to like him but now he tries to hard and the minute 5pm hits i switch normally to classic fm , is that the radio 1 for the over 40's.

I'll let you know in a couple of years!

Mand
12-09-2008, 04:17 PM
I'll let you know in a couple of years!

Youngster! I think I'm going to put Classic FM on the way up to Cheshire tonight.... perhaps it may chill me out?

and if it doesn't maybe five pints of beer will!

mad_turnips
24-11-2008, 03:56 PM
http://www.myspace.com/bluprintzaudio

loving this atm

Hel dy Draed is awsome

Albie
24-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Blimey this thread got picked up. Not bought anything for a month. Managed to avoid buying in zavvi. Keep wanting to buy old stuff likeTalking Heads.

alan c
24-11-2008, 07:10 PM
just booked tickets for snow patrol and paul weller next year and going to see the blockheads at christmas.

Albie
24-11-2008, 07:12 PM
oh dont tell caroline about snow patrol. Im hoping to be in line for U2 in ireland.:thumbsup:

BluprintZ
24-11-2008, 09:10 PM
http://www.myspace.com/bluprintzaudio
loving this atm
Hel dy Draed is awsome

Why, thank you Matt ; )
How did you find my myspace page?

gary tompkins
24-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Verve - Fourth :)

7 out of 10

Pedro
25-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Metallica - Death Magnetic 8 out of 10ish

Plus various Muse albums

mad_turnips
25-11-2008, 07:10 AM
Why, thank you Matt ; )
How did you find my myspace page?

you put up the recording studio in "personal services" while looking through it noticed your name and link so went and listened ... am well impressed

Rudeboy
25-11-2008, 07:56 AM
For me today it's Motörheads "Inferno" album and Rammsteins "Völkerball" ( the live stuff is great ) :yoparty:

giler
25-11-2008, 08:06 AM
Black Ice - AC/DC proper dad's rock n' roll!

Kato
25-11-2008, 08:12 AM
So far this week.....

Skunk Anansie - Post Orgasmic Chill
Tom Waits - Small Change
Grace Jones - Hurricane

BluprintZ
25-11-2008, 08:19 AM
you put up the recording studio in "personal services" while looking through it noticed your name and link so went and listened ... am well impressed

Nice one Matt, glad you enjoyed it.

G.

mikej
25-11-2008, 08:40 AM
I normally switch between Radio 1 and Radio 2 on the way to work depending on who is spouting/playing the least guff at the time.

They have Magic on in surgery all the time as it's the only station our prehistoric radio picks up, i swear that station has a cd collection of about 6 and just plays them on a loop 24/7. At once stage we had everyone singing/air drumming/air guitarring along to Robert Palmer, Addicted to love which must have been a bit disconcerting for the patient who was pretty heavily sedated and drifting in and out.

slob
25-11-2008, 08:55 AM
The Sensational Alex Harvey Band.

Nonnie
25-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Christmas music!

I sh1t you not.

Plum
25-11-2008, 09:57 AM
A bit of Rage Against the Machine and some Slipknot on at the mo. Going through an angry phase, or reliving my teenage years.....cant decide:yoparty::yoparty:

Stafford
25-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Last nights Radcliffe and Macony show

ton_up
25-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Snow Patrol's latest album cuz I'm off to see them in march, and, love lockdown by Kanye west cuz I'm dating a new man and it's sort of become 'our song' (sick buckets available if required)! And, Coldplay latest album, and some cheerful music because I'm not miserable any more - yaaaay!!

Albie
25-11-2008, 04:22 PM
is it any good then. see didnt take you long did it. Good looking women like you.:D

mad_turnips
25-11-2008, 05:19 PM
put her down Albie

Albie
25-11-2008, 05:25 PM
I never carried her , I was just being pleasant :running::running::running:.

Rudeboy
27-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Today, it's Cafe Del Mar - " Aria "
Something different..............

animaluk
27-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Im listening to Machine head this week cause im going to see em next week \m/

Stuart42
27-11-2008, 12:31 PM
Fudge Tunnel 'Hate Songs In E Minor' (Cheery ditties)

Haven't listened to it for years, great way to pass the M3/M25.

Cheers
Stuart

Humbucker
27-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Kings Of Leon,

Bought the Album soon as it came out and cant stop playing it. Best album of the year. Saw them at V Festival and were just as good live.

scrapps
27-11-2008, 03:41 PM
Local radio to find out more about the body they found in a car in whistable this morning.....a bit close to home :look: car was parked on a slip road from the thanet way ?
i will also watch local new when home.......sod the music this is good gossip stuff:eyepopping:

jorabineau
27-11-2008, 03:53 PM
just booked tickets for snow patrol and paul weller next year and going to see the blockheads at christmas.

yeayh, snow patrol!!Going to see them too in March in Birmingham!!!:spin:

retskcid
27-11-2008, 06:44 PM
I am mainly listening to Radio Two in the office - only because the newsreaders are so much more calming than the idiots on Radio One.

Same here, listen to it 99% of the time.

SEAGUL
02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
mainly been listenin to 'the eels' was given a memory stick with most of their songs on a while ago by a bloke at work, never really listened to them, but discovered it again last week and havent stopped listening to them since :cool:

Grumpy
03-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Johnny Cash......American Legend,
His cover of nine in nails, hurt is amazing, plus tracks like big iron paint such a mental picture.

Tool....Anima, Just an brilliant, the whole album.

mad_turnips
15-01-2009, 08:51 AM
Nightwish ( a finish metal band) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hTdhXxxWREo&feature=channel

and

Within Temptation ( a dutch rockish band) http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0bqRn0rLq1c