PDA

View Full Version : Sykes replaces Haga

giler
11-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Fair play to Tom Sykes, that means Haga must be going to Zerox Ducati!
Ooh Haga on the 1098!

Albie
11-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Good on Tom. Just lately I've been finding myself urging him on even on the Blue bike. I really hope he does well and doesn't change his character.

On the Haga saga thats great too. Nori is fast and dangerous threat to all others on any bike. Glad its him rather than Biaggi.

I would love to see Nori finally win a WSBK championship after being robbed by Edwards.

Bodybag
11-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Where does that leave Shaky though? I thought he was after a Factory ride next year? Does anybody know if GSE are going to WSBK next year?

Albie
11-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Tbh I haven't read anything confirming this news. Been looking but no doubt there be must be some somewhere

neilbaldry
11-09-2008, 05:39 PM
There was talk of a Xerox clearout. maybe Fabrizio will be taking Xaus' seat on the Sterilgarde bike? Leaving the path clear for Shakey? OR maybe Airwaves will be taking the step up to WSB for 2009 as has been touted..........

Looks like an all new lineup for Yamaha tho, as Corser is being rumoured as taking the second BMW seat along with Xaus..........

Gilps
11-09-2008, 06:24 PM
my money's on Haga and Canepa

craigie
11-09-2008, 06:40 PM
Apparently Canepa is going to Motogp Alice squad.
Personally I think Haga on the 1098 will be a mistake, would love to be proved wrong as he is obviously hugely talented but I don't think he has a championship in him.
Good on Sykes though, hope he does well.

Mand
11-09-2008, 07:17 PM
I would love to see Nori finally win a WSBK championship after being robbed by Edwards.

Haga - who blew up his bike and didn't get off the track last weekend? "If I'm not going to win I'll spoil it for the others...." Tsk!

Granted he is a good rider but after last weekend, he should be sitting on the naughty step.

Glad to hear there is an "Englishman" in the WSB :spin: Come on Tom!

neilbaldry
11-09-2008, 07:44 PM

Could be more than one!? Jonny Rea? Could he make a step up? I know he isnt English, but British none the less.............

Mand
11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
Could be more than one!? Jonny Rea? Could he make a step up? I know he isnt English, but British none the less.............

Yes he is from Northern Ireland I believe. Well good luck Mr Rea but I'm quite a patriotic old soul, I'm partial to the English. :)

Albie
11-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Haga - who blew up his bike and didn't get off the track last weekend? "If I'm not going to win I'll spoil it for the others...." Tsk!

Granted he is a good rider but after last weekend, he should be sitting on the naughty step.

Obviously an Brit to win any championship. I just also want Ducati to win. Haga
He can throw his toys like others. Lately at biaggi.

wooley_t
11-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Canepa is a long shot for moto GP bearing in mind ducati have control over all four rides(Alice satellite team).........he's resting up injured at the mo. Be good to see shakey.............its like the lottery at the mo with who's riding who......

I'd say Neil hodgson for a wsbk ride..he's earnt his money with usa honda, cocks wouldnt let him ride at donno as a wild card...

I can see this year throwing a few very big suprises..........so many good young brit riders being picked on merit above experience to spice up the championship......how good would that be!

Cal, leon, shakey, sykes, ellison and the supersport boys........

Lets wait and see...........

wooley_t
11-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I cant see Airwaves making the move now...they rule too much in the bsb........if they do, i say JHP with the NW200 team with factory support...........

Now i agree with that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

wooley_t
11-09-2008, 10:16 PM
Tom Sykes and Cal have proved there worth, there young and fearless..........they deserve WSBK rides next year. It will be tough if they do, give them a year in the series and im sure they would be challenging without a doubt......

wooley_t
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
Would of been so much better if WSBK teams were fighting over Craig Jones's signature too..................quite easily this would of been his year...

CJ#18 R.I.P