PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump

scrapps
10-09-2008, 11:55 AM
How the fook do you get the pump back in the tank clips if you where silly enough to take it out and inspect the filter....

scrapps
10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
Ok i have got it back in after checking the pipes ect (the drain pipe from tank lid was the only one blocked) my other question is that when running bike with cap open fuel seems to be pumped out of the second fuel line back up into the tank ? is this something to regulate the pressure ?

JerryXt
10-09-2008, 03:07 PM
scrapps, I'll PM you Davids number - I'm sure he'd be happy to give you the benefit of his experience.

J.

scrapps
10-09-2008, 03:29 PM
scrapps, I'll PM you Davids number - I'm sure he'd be happy to give you the benefit of his experience.

J.

cheers jerry your a star.
I am going to try a few things tonight if weather is ok and see how i muddle on.
lets hope i can sort it before monday :confused:

Stafford
10-09-2008, 03:33 PM
If its anything like the 888 set up you get a flow back from the injection system which you can see when the fuel level is low. The pump delivers more than the engine requires so the system requires there to be a return to the tank.

Of course you also get fuel squirting around if you have a split hose.
In that case you need to buy the correct hose which is tolerant to being submersed in petrol. (BMW part)

What is the problem with the bike?

JerryXt
10-09-2008, 03:52 PM
and scrapps, just bring it on Monday anyway - David has confirmed for the day so he'll be around to have a look if it's not running right.

scrapps
11-09-2008, 06:13 AM
Cheers for the info I have taken it out and the pipes looked ok. the flow into the tank is thru the second pipe so i am asumeing thats normal (pressure related) I also changed the filters and ran carb cleaner thru the cards also reved it hard and put hand over intakes to create a vacum to shift any crap if in carbs.
it is now running better but not perfect(now just a bit rough but no spitting)so I hope to try and get time to get to and clean cards better over the weekend.