PDA

View Full Version : Hello again! xx

Beth
09-09-2008, 11:25 PM
Sorry everyone, posted a newbie thread a while ago but absolutely cannot find it! Anyway my little (but very fast...........to me :) 696 arrived last night! After all that fussing about feet down and everything, couldn't believe it, she is absolutely perfect. Couldn't bear to do any of the 'mods' suggested in the end so tippy toes is just part of the ride :):):)
Absolutely fookin fantastic though (am I allowed to say that on here), did about 80 evening miles up into the Yorkshire dales, really, really didn't want to come home but it was getting very dark:)

Genuinely, just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who was so welcoming when I first posted for advice, she's perfect, finally feel like I've arrived :) xx

singletrack
10-09-2008, 06:23 AM
Congratulations Beth.
Enjoy your new bike :thumbsup:

scrapps
10-09-2008, 06:32 AM
glad you are enjoying the bike. lets hope the weather gets better so you can make the most of it.

CK & AK
10-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Nice one! :D - glad you do manage to 'touch down' with your toes :)

C

Arbeia
10-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Another 696`er! Hurray! welcome to the family;)
Did you get it from ducati leeds?

andros
10-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Hello Beth, nice bike glad you are enjoying it and it fits you too!

Half Man Half Mole
10-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Welcome back. Does that mean we expect an updated avatar in the near future? :on:

Mike

NattyBoy
10-09-2008, 11:11 AM
Ahhh..Another one of the 'next generation' mob !!! lol !

Congrats on your purchase bev and long may your enjoyment continue !

happybiker
10-09-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm a newbie too and loving my 696: never had so much fun along the twisties as I have on this bike - I'm like you: on tippy-toes when I stop, but so comfy with the weight and the way it rides :-)

nik_the_brief
10-09-2008, 07:23 PM
Waheey - nice one lovely. I was wondering if you'd got it yet.

Enjoy being the coolest kid at school.

Beth
10-09-2008, 09:25 PM
Thanks everyone, genuinely :) xx

Hello Beth, nice bike glad you are enjoying it and it fits you too!

Yes she does, she so does! Thank god for the really good, dry, evening today. Got home from school as fast as I could, set off into the dales and did about 90 miles. Passed Squires on the way out and the Sun Inn at Fewston on the way back, bikes everywhere but I was enjoying my second ride so much just couldn't bear to stop ! :):):)

Anyway, prolly be on here all the time for advice now (that's not a cue for everyone to run for cover) :biggrin: xx

(PS For Arbeia - dealt with Italia Moto at Lincoln in the end, just really like the guys there, I'll always have a ducati now so liking the guys I'm dealing with felt important. Yes, will try and update the avatar Mike, my son loves the bike too and keeps appearing on the drive with a camera)!!!!

katana
10-09-2008, 10:19 PM
Hola Northern Lassie,

Glad you followed the heart and got the bike you wanted.

See you on a MAC rideout soon.

Oh ACF50 and scotoiler f365 are your friends

Beth
11-09-2008, 08:50 AM

Oh ACF50 and scotoiler f365 are your friends

You're an angel you! :) xx

bod
11-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks everyone, genuinely :) xx

Yes she does, she so does! Thank god for the really good, dry, evening today. Got home from school as fast as I could, set off into the dales and did about 90 miles. Passed Squires on the way out and the Sun Inn at Fewston on the way back, bikes everywhere but I was enjoying my second ride so much just couldn't bear to stop ! :):):)

Anyway, prolly be on here all the time for advice now (that's not a cue for everyone to run for cover) :biggrin: xx

(PS For Arbeia - dealt with Italia Moto at Lincoln in the end, just really like the guys there, I'll always have a ducati now so liking the guys I'm dealing with felt important. Yes, will try and update the avatar Mike, my son loves the bike too and keeps appearing on the drive with a camera)!!!!

Got mine from there to but sadly now gone last week after 4 years of fun good guys arn't they!