PDA

View Full Version : F1 - hamilton demoted? what a joke

damon
07-09-2008, 04:50 PM
how dare they be so blatent in the treatment of hamilton, yes he cut a corner but from what i was watching he got forced out that side and then slowed to let kimi past, then he went and stuffed it anyway so wheres the advantage?

bunch of tossers......................:nash:

dlloyduk
07-09-2008, 04:59 PM
how dare they be so blatent in the treatment of hamilton, yes he cut a corner but from what i was watching he got forced out that side and then slowed to let kimi past, then he went and stuffed it anyway so wheres the advantage?

bunch of tossers......................:nash:

Why did he overtake someone?

You should have watched the WSB on the other side....I believe its what F1 aspires to be!

Once an avid F1, I can only admire the cars now the rest is a Sunday afternoon wasted.

damon
07-09-2008, 05:10 PM
Why did he overtake someone?

You should have watched the WSB on the other side....I believe its what F1 aspires to be!

Once an avid F1, I can only admire the cars now the rest is a Sunday afternoon wasted.

oh i watched both(sky+) wsb was eventful wasnt it :)

dropping like flys in that first race

crust
07-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Hamilton cut a large (in terms of time) chunk of the course

if he'd have had to stay on the course he would have been a long way behind Raikonen, certainly there's no way he'd have been in a position to challenge for the lead at the next corner

he conceded the lead barely, certainly didn't drop back behind him, in the normal run of things he'd never have been able to make the pass into the first corner

it was a cynical attempt into the bus stop chicane, he knew it wouldn't work but he knew that by attempting it he'd spoil Raikonens line and could gain an advantage by cutting the corner

:)crust

Snips
07-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Stripping Hamilton of his win is ridiculous.

In the good ole days, Mansell and Senna wouldn't have even given the lead back. Hamilton was more than fair, and stripping of the lead sends the message,

"overtaking a Ferrari is unsportsmanlike behaviour"

;)

damon
07-09-2008, 06:05 PM
well i still think its a con......

Albie
07-09-2008, 06:12 PM
It is a joke. They dont want him to win easily and if not at all. Its the Mclaren thing all over. I love ferrari and I have supported them through Mansell days and irvine and even schumi but this stinks of bad losers. He challenged the lead and even made mistakes but righted them before taking another go. STINKS STINKS STINKS

Pedro
07-09-2008, 06:21 PM
FIA = Ferrari International Assistance.....

alreadyinuse
07-09-2008, 07:10 PM
If Ferrari appeal they always win
always always always.

Pretty similar to what ducait do in superbikes.
Give us our way cos you wouldn't have this sport without us.

BluprintZ
07-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Feckin' `ell, don't get me started, i'm still steaming over it!!
All the FIA succeeded in doing, was to turn one of the best, if not the best races of the season, into nothing more than a joke!
The witch-hunt continues it would seem, i wonder if the shoe had been on the other foot and Kimi had won, i doubt if he would have been penalised.
I support McClaren, have done for years and when Kimi replaced the retiring Mika Hakkinen, they in my opinion, were probably his best years.
F1 has become far too political and as such, the FIA are slowly strangling the sport to such an extent, fans will surely start to desert what was once an exciting sport, in their droves.

faulkss
07-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Hamilton cut a large (in terms of time) chunk of the course

if he'd have had to stay on the course he would have been a long way behind Raikonen, certainly there's no way he'd have been in a position to challenge for the lead at the next corner

he conceded the lead barely, certainly didn't drop back behind him, in the normal run of things he'd never have been able to make the pass into the first corner

it was a cynical attempt into the bus stop chicane, he knew it wouldn't work but he knew that by attempting it he'd spoil Raikonens line and could gain an advantage by cutting the corner

:)crust

Completely agree ... he was in no position to pass. That last corner is the slowest on the track. By missing it Lewis had a massive speed advantage.

If he wanted to pass he should have set himself up in a better section of track. Stripping him of the win might have been a bit harsh, but something had to be done as you can not do that in racing.

It may have been better to drop him 5 places for the next race, as that would not have had a direct impact on his title hopes.

But honestly, i do not think that you can say that it was legal racing. I know that they say that he was 6km/h slow over the start finish line, but when you watch it there is no way that he was that much slower, as he was all over him like a rash straight away. If his car was that much faster over 1/2 the main straight then he should have been weeks in front the entire race.

Steve :)

Paranoid Dave
07-09-2008, 08:18 PM
As far as i see it he was given a time penalty and that was what made him 3rd. But if the penalty was for causing an avoidable accident like the webber incident earlier, then it really is a joke as nobody was disadvantaged by the incident in question.

gremlin
07-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Considering Raikonnen binned it anyway, it didn't affect the result. I had a feeling he'd be stripped of the win though when Dennis said there was to be an enquiry. Same sh1t different day. It really makes a mockery of the whole thing what does the guy have to do to win a title? I wonder if he'd get the same grief if he was white bearing in mind the Nazi leanings of those in power. I thought things were going too smoothly. Just hope Hamilton wins the next few races then see what happens.