PDA

View Full Version : I'm at Brands Hatch on Monday 8th.

J.P
05-09-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm doing the 7th of my trackdays this year at Brands Hatch with the guys from Rapid Training/MSV again.
Fingers crossed the weather stays dry. I don't mind it being cloudy, just not raining.
If anyone else is going along, say hello.

And if you really want a laugh, my dad's dropping in to watch and bringing his GOLDWING !!

Mand
05-09-2008, 02:43 PM
And if you really want a laugh, my dad's dropping in to watch and bringing his GOLDWING !!

Aww bless him, perhaps he ought to take it around the track? :mand:

J.P
05-09-2008, 02:45 PM
It's more likely he'll drop it going round Druids. He drops it everywhere else.

phil996
06-09-2008, 09:19 AM
See you there. I'll be in the inters on a blue/ white stripe S4R.
Praying for the dry weather that Rapid normally bring!

Albie
06-09-2008, 09:56 AM
I'm doing the 7th of my trackdays this year at Brands Hatch with the guys from Rapid Training/MSV again.
Fingers crossed the weather stays dry. I don't mind it being cloudy, just not raining.
If anyone else is going along, say hello.

At this rate you need a track bike. Or do Desmo Due or you may want a 748 maybe ????

scrapps
06-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Have a good day mate and i hope it stays dry for you.. Gadget and i are doing the full gp track monday 15th (first time out on the ss)

gary tompkins
06-09-2008, 01:24 PM
Fingers crossed you have an incident & bruise free day Justin

J.P
07-09-2008, 11:29 AM
See you there. I'll be in the inters on a blue/ white stripe S4R.
Praying for the dry weather that Rapid normally bring!

So you'll be easy to spot then. I'm in the inter's too.

J.P
09-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, I completed my 7th trackday of the year yesterday and finished all safe and well and feeling really quite good about the session. As usual with the Rapid Training trackdays, it was all very organized and well manered. It was the Indie circuit, which I've done a good few times.

I felt a little more 'in the zone' this time and with the weather holding too it was a really good day. Managed to get round in 1 minute 3 seconds as my best lap, (average speed of 62.85 mph), but was averaging 1.05 to 1.10 depending on traffic.
I still found Clearways troublesome given the tarmac rut going all the way round and some junks missing which made it a bit bumpy and can put you off a bit, plus last year, Clearways was the scene of my big wobble which shaved half my boot off.

I also met Phil996 there, alas he didn't race unfortunately given that he'd packed two left feet boots and not one of each. Doh.

Hoping to see some photo's tomorrow and at first glance I was looking a little more aggressive which was good. If I can't actually be good, then I hope to at least look it !

Roll on next year.

scrapps
09-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Well done glad you had a good day and it stayed dry.(lets hope its dry next monday).
see ya soon.

JerryXt
09-09-2008, 01:05 PM
JP, glad you had a good time. Did RT have any good tips?

Have a good day mate and i hope it stays dry for you.. Gadget and i are doing the full gp track monday 15th (first time out on the ss)

AND JERRY!!!!!!

Can't wait - be good to catch up.

Just to clarify, catch up socially - I'l be in front, clearly :D

J.P
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Just let me know when your knee finally touches the ground.

And no real tips from the boys because I followed them round a number of times and they just carry much more corner speed and accelerate harder out of them. That's all down to confidence in your machine & tyres. That takes time. But I wasn't doing too bad.

slob
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM
I still found Clearways troublesome given the tarmac rut going all the way round .

That upsets me too, I've been told by racers to just ignore it but I haven't managed it yet. You can run very wide round Clearways and still manage the same times since you carry more speed when you take the wider line. Just got to get over the fear of the overbanding now.

J.P
09-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Slob, what do you reckon of 1 minute 3 secs ? alright for a beginner ?

scrapps
09-09-2008, 02:19 PM
JP, glad you had a good time. Did RT have any good tips?

AND JERRY!!!!!!

Can't wait - be good to catch up.

Just to clarify, catch up socially - I'l be in front, clearly :D

Hi Jerry,it will be good to see ya agian. and you will def be in front of me! but keep your eye out for gadget he can keep that 600 going a good pace.
you never know i may go ok on the ss? if not i am bringing the monnie so i can make the most of the day.(given the ss running history) the ss is running very well now carbs sorted. I still have not had much time to ride her or set it up.
(it will be in full road set up)

slob
09-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Not too shabby at all JP. I was a 1:01 on a 620 last time out but then I've been riding 'forever' and the 620 probably doesn't have that much disadvantage on a short, twisty track. Most of the DD boys n girls still put that to shame. There's more to come for both of us I reckon.

JerryXt
09-09-2008, 02:45 PM
cool :D Really looking forward to it. Last TD, we found that my leathers were too short -length does matter it seems... Got them lengthened and I can't wait to be able to move around the bike properly.

A buddy may be coming who has experience of running SS's in DD - should be able to diagnose any issues.

I remember chasing Gadgets 600 on a 1098 back in April(?). Took a long while to catch up, longer to pass. Eventually had to muscle him at Druids - the only corner he brakes for. But this is the GP circuit - with straights...

Bring my coffee machine?

JP - are you happier now?

slob
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM
C'mon own up Gadget, you brake a little for Paddock and Graham Hill too, don't you?

J.P
09-09-2008, 03:03 PM
JP - are you happier now?

I'm happier after yesterday yes. The mind does strange things to you. One big difference is that the field was more evenly matched I think at Brands. at Cadwell I was getting so left behind by everyone and that's soul sapping.
This time it was different

scrapps
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Looking forward to it jerry. the ss seems to run very well now its mainly sorting the handling. it will prob have ground clearance problems with all standard parts. still it will be good to get it out on track and see what mods I need to do over the winter...
Gadget is very smooth on the 600 just think how fast he will be if he gets the 749 he want as a track bike.

JerryXt
09-09-2008, 04:07 PM
...feck

749 is getting popular as a track tool. Good bike, but not as popular as the 748 shape.

Gadget
09-09-2008, 06:11 PM
C'mon own up Gadget, you brake a little for Paddock and Graham Hill too, don't you?

I must do.:biggrin:
Unless Jerry is chasing me on a 1098.

scrapps
09-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Well it had to happen only a few hours after saying the ss was running fine.....Its spitting and missing again...I don't know whats up with it ? is it pure evil is it scared of the track grrr i am sooooooo mad....
yesterday it was running fine today coughing and missing. last time it was a bit of crud in a jet of the front carb. maybe more crap has got thru...its got a new fuel filter in the tank and a new inline one so crud can't come fron the tank ? can it.....
so yet again a few days before my trackday the bike has let me down.
I have used it 15/20 times in the last few months and done hundreds of mile fine! why now why me.........:nash::nash::nash:

slob
09-09-2008, 07:23 PM
It's not water related is it scrapps?

Gadget
09-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Bring the bike anyway. Maybe it is an intermittent thing.
Maybe a jolly good thrashing will cure her of her slovenly ways.;)

scrapps
09-09-2008, 08:14 PM
It's not water related is it scrapps?

I am not sure there was lots of fluid around the petrol cap(between cap and tank the cast bit?) and lots of pressure when i opened the cap? did not know if water or fuel.. (the bike is kept in a garage)..

scrapps
09-09-2008, 08:18 PM
Bring the bike anyway. Maybe it is an intermittent thing.
Maybe a jolly good thrashing will cure her of her slovenly ways.;)

tried to thrash down the road but no joy. going to drain carbs get fresh petrol and check the filters,also try spraying carb cleaner direct into cards.
also as slob said it may be water in carbs or fuel(not sure how to sort that).

slob
09-09-2008, 08:33 PM
lots of pressure when i opened the cap?

What do you mean? if it releases pressure when you open it, then your tank's not breathing correctly. You'd expect it to run okay for a minute or two then start running rough if that's the case. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

scrapps
09-09-2008, 08:47 PM
What do you mean? if it releases pressure when you open it, then your tank's not breathing correctly. You'd expect it to run okay for a minute or two then start running rough if that's the case. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

its back pressure not a vacum air is getting in,its allways blown when cap cap opened.? its been running fine for two months ? even with the back pressure.

JerryXt
09-09-2008, 09:11 PM
scrapps, bring it anyway - my mate may be able to have a look at it - crews BSB with Bodybag.

He had a problem with his SS DD bike - kept doing odd things with the fueling and found that it was a dodgy hose inside the tank. Can't remember but it might have been the pump pushing petrol back into the tank. Positive pressure.

scrapps
09-09-2008, 09:29 PM
scrapps, bring it anyway - my mate may be able to have a look at it - crews BSB with Bodybag.

He had a problem with his SS DD bike - kept doing odd things with the fueling and found that it was a dodgy hose inside the tank. Can't remember but it might have been the pump pushing petrol back into the tank. Positive pressure.

Hi jerry. this was one of the things I was going to ask on the site as when i ran it with the cap open fuel was running round in the tank and dripping/running from around the cap housing ? seemed to be spraying/running around inside of the tank !
and yes getting lots of pressure in tank...

JerryXt
09-09-2008, 09:44 PM
well, not being known for being a spanner man... check the hose!

BTW, JP, thanks for the loan of your thread :D

scrapps
10-09-2008, 06:07 AM
yep sorry for the hijack of your thread J.P
going to take tank off today and have a look see inside, if i get time?

J.P
10-09-2008, 10:52 AM
I THINK i LOOK GOOD !!

http://www.isp-photography.co.uk/event_galleries/brands_hatch_080908/Intermediate/Rider26/slides/080908-710-7552.html

scrapps
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
yep your looking good J.P :eek:

JerryXt
10-09-2008, 12:31 PM
stunning mate, but then I've always...

J.P
10-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Oh shucks, Jerry I never knew you felt that way . .....

scrapps
10-09-2008, 01:14 PM
OI calm down or get a room.......

Albie
10-09-2008, 09:24 PM
I THINK i LOOK GOOD !!

http://www.isp-photography.co.uk/event_galleries/brands_hatch_080908/Intermediate/Rider26/slides/080908-710-7552.html

You could have got that knee out and you would have been there J.P. Good shots.:biggrin:

Mand
11-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Hey Hey JP! Lookin' good!

Get them printed off and frame them all and hang them around the house, not I would do such a thing of course............