PDA

View Full Version : Monster's in Cheshire/Manchester

spikey_58
03-09-2008, 12:16 PM
Hello all.

I bought my new Monster S2R1000 on Monday - Hurrah. I have looked in the regional section and there doesnt seem to be one for Cheshire (which isnt exactly a small area). Also, the one for Manchester is very seldom used!

Is there anybody out there in the cheshire are (I'm in Macclesfield) or Manchester for Rides and meets in the future? I hope so.

Cheers! :-)

CK & AK
03-09-2008, 12:41 PM
spikey.... I bet you'll guess whats coming up - if you've read the forums......;)

Best you offer to Pedro & Benson to be an area rep if there isnt one for your county/region
All you'll need to do is then post a meet point & date - and see who turns up :D (repeat at regular intervals and give it time to develop)

There are also a few ducati owners on Ducati up North, might be worth you checking that site out, particularly if planning a rideout heading north.

Good luck - round these UKMOC'ers up in your neck of the woods :D

CK

Mand
03-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Manchester used to be quite an active part of the country for Monsters and the like.... it's just gone quiet. Tigerlily used to be the rep, not even sure if she has her Monster anymore.

As for future rides, I'll be game as soon as I get my sorry ass up to Cheshire. :)

As CK says, Ducati Up North may be your best bet.

spikey_58
03-09-2008, 12:46 PM
Many thanks peeps - much appreciated! :-)

Mand
03-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Many thanks peeps - much appreciated! :-)

You're welcome, you're lucky mate, you have loads of nice roads where you are and you have North Wales on your doorstep, another reason I'll be moving up there!

bod
03-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Manchester used to be quite an active part of the country for Monsters and the like.... it's just gone quiet. Tigerlily used to be the rep, not even sure if she has her Monster anymore.

As for future rides, I'll be game as soon as I get my sorry ass up to Cheshire. :)

As CK says, Ducati Up North may be your best bet.

What ever happened to Tigerlilly aint seen here on for ages?

I too will be Monster less from Sunday:)

spikey_58
03-09-2008, 12:54 PM
When are you moving up here? Where abouts are you thinking?

Yes, some people would consider me quite lucky living litterally 2 mins from Buxton road for the Cat & Fiddle Run and then from there down to Bakewell/Matlock/Chesterfield and the like. So yes, I do enjoy those runs, but to be hoenst I only know one other person with a bike anyway - and he has the new 08 Fireblade so went well with my 08 R1, and although we will still ride together, timing make its difficult so always good to know/meet more folk. I got my bike from Ducati Manchester in Knutsford and they are having an Open Day on the 14th which should be really good - free BBQ, live music and all sorts so should be really good - perhaps you can try and get yourself up there too?

spikey_58
03-09-2008, 12:55 PM

Is that cos you've swapped for a Strada?

Mand
03-09-2008, 12:55 PM

Dunno Bod, I think StuartG heard from her a while back but apart from that...I've heard nowt.

Mand
03-09-2008, 01:04 PM
When are you moving up here? Where abouts are you thinking?

Yes, some people would consider me quite lucky living litterally 2 mins from Buxton road for the Cat & Fiddle Run and then from there down to Bakewell/Matlock/Chesterfield and the like. So yes, I do enjoy those runs, but to be hoenst I only know one other person with a bike anyway - and he has the new 08 Fireblade so went well with my 08 R1, and although we will still ride together, timing make its difficult so always good to know/meet more folk. I got my bike from Ducati Manchester in Knutsford and they are having an Open Day on the 14th which should be really good - free BBQ, live music and all sorts so should be really good - perhaps you can try and get yourself up there too?

A few of us last year had a mini weekender in Tideswell, Derbyshire and Logyk took us through the A54 and other roads around there - how brilliant was that? We didn't ride the Cat and Fiddle but we did go up to the pub to warm up a bit. :)

Mr. Cake, who is on this forum lives in Crewe, my reason for going up north :biggrin: and also because I am going to marry him, used to have a Monster but has gone to the dark side with his R1, shifts permitting, is always up for a rideout.

I know it ain't a Monster, but you can pretend!

squiffything
03-09-2008, 01:38 PM
spikey.... I bet you'll guess whats coming up - if you've read the forums......;)

Best you offer to Pedro & Benson to be an area rep if there isnt one for your county/region
All you'll need to do is then post a meet point & date - and see who turns up :D (repeat at regular intervals and give it time to develop)

There are also a few ducati owners on Ducati up North, might be worth you checking that site out, particularly if planning a rideout heading north.

Good luck - round these UKMOC'ers up in your neck of the woods :D

CK

Don't ya just love a willing volunteer :) Welcome to the madhouse Spikey

bod
03-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Is that cos you've swapped for a Strada?

Sorry loved the Strada I had on loan one for a bit,but went down the boxter route(not the BMW) :)

STIVH
03-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Spikey I tried to muster some support a couple of times last year for the Manchester(which tended to mean anyone in Cheshire) / Lancs and Yorkshire area - The Yorkshire folk are pretty active as a group but when it comes to general ride outs and meet ups then really you want to get involved in the Ducati up North Site which is where most people this end of the UK tend to chat online for this. It's nothing to do with this site just a simple fact that it tends to be the more active for arranging such things and it can be a lot more fun flirting through the local roads with upto plus 30 various Dukes at once:dizzy:

A lot of the rides/meetings get posted on here and vicky versy.

So welcome either way see you at High Leigh some time if I ever finish sorting my Paso.

She is still around this way I haven't seen her personally since last year on a lovely evening riding the roads around Blackpool, she still has the bike I believe but with the kids to clothe and bills to pay last time we texted about it the Monster was MOT less..... etc.

Robot
03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Hi Spikey
I'm just down the road in Poynton.
Not a lot of Monster action locally at the moment.
If you're stuck for biker company why not call in at Poynton Motorcycle Club.
We meet at the Workingman's Club first Wed. in the month at 8.00 in Poynton(tonight).
With a membership in excess of 150 and all types of riding catered for(ride outs,track days,off road).
Hope to see you around.
If you spot a very loud blue and white S4R in and around Macc. it will be me.

spikey_58
03-09-2008, 10:28 PM
If you spot a very loud blue and white S4R in and around Macc. it will be me.

Yeh I have been spotted by mates already - so there cant be too many Monsters around here! haha. Hopefully in some good weather we can get together etc and make some (engine) noise! haha

Thanks to you all for your kind words and advice :-)

Robot
04-09-2008, 07:22 PM
Good weather ?
What does that look like then ?

PaulEllison
04-09-2008, 09:00 PM
I'll be at the Ducati Manchester Open Day on Sunday 14th September.
May see you there...

Paul.

spikey_58
05-09-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi Robot/Paul

yes, I am beginning to think the weather is me being cursed -started the minute I was signing for my bike and hasnt stopped yet! Grrrrrrrrrrr!

Paul - it is my full intention to get there as well, although if it is lashing it down with rain I may be a fair weather rider and go in my car so i can pick up some bargain goodies instead. However if its dry - of course the bike will be streching its rather redundant tires! hurrah!