PDA

View Full Version : 696 screen - is its standard?

Paranoid Dave
01-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I've seen a couple of pics on ducati, one with and one without the little screen. Is it standard? Also, how much are they or has any 696 owner out there got a desire to get rid of it? :D

MrsJel
01-09-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes it is standard on the 696+ - you get the screen + you get a lovely plastic cover to put over your clocks instead if you prefer.

I'm on the lookout for a taller version (other than the ducati one cos that's rubbish) - wouldn't want to part with the little one for the time being.

Carole

gary tompkins
01-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Dave,

I think you may prefer to make one when you see the price?

Make sure you are sitting down when you ring dealers :eek:

Arbeia
01-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Yes i enquired about a longer screen at the ducati dealership. and i`m sure he said about £70.
You also get the rear seat cover with the 696+

MrsJel
02-09-2008, 12:42 PM
If you're thinking of a taller screen - don't part with your money til after you've had a look at the Ducati offering (I was quoted around £70) - you might leave with your money still in your pocket!

Carole

walpole68
02-09-2008, 12:44 PM
i would like a dark tint screen to replace the clear one,anyone seen one of those any where ?

MrsJel
02-09-2008, 12:52 PM
i would like a dark tint screen to replace the clear one,anyone seen one of those any where ?

Yes. All I'll say is that when 3 of us (2 ducati types & me) stood with the dark tint in front of my bike - we all shook our heads and I kept the standard one.

Your opinion might be different. JHP had both the tint and the white one if you are out for a long-ish ride out.

Carole

walpole68
02-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Yes. All I'll say is that when 3 of us (2 ducati types & me) stood with the dark tint in front of my bike - we all shook our heads and I kept the standard one.

Your opinion might be different. JHP had both the tint and the white one if you are out for a long-ish ride out.

Carole

I just want the one to replace the standard screen not get rid of the head lamp cowl.

Snips
02-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Just to clarify, the 696 (without the '+') was £5500 at launch, the 696+ was an extra £250, the only difference being the seat cowl and small fairing.

Most people seem to think it looks better with the small fairing.

MrsJel
02-09-2008, 04:40 PM
I just want the one to replace the standard screen not get rid of the head lamp cowl.

Me too - I thought that the one in the catalogue would just replace the perspex on the standard one - but it doesn't. So have to keep looking.

Carole

Arbeia
02-09-2008, 11:16 PM
Me too - I thought that the one in the catalogue would just replace the perspex on the standard one - but it doesn't. So have to keep looking.

Carole

I thought that aswell,take the clear 1 out and replace with new 1. you mean its actually the whole thing??:worried: