PDA

View Full Version : Spoiler: Misano GP

Mr Cake
31-08-2008, 02:05 PM
From Eurosport:

Valentino Rossi won the San Marino MotoGP on Sunday to move a step closer to the world title after Australian world champion Casey Stoner crashed out of the race early on.

http://d.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com//ng/sp/eurosport/20080831/25/d0b8a94163891d039e6412abc1e6be85.jpg

The Italian's Yamaha team mate Jorge Lorenzo was second and Toni Elias of Spain finished third on his Ducati.

Stoner, who started in pole position, was alone at the front when he slid off the track into the gravel and pulled out of the race.

Rossi capitalised to take the lead and pulled away to equal Giacomo Agostini's record of 68 premier class victories.

Rossi, winner of seven world championships across all classes, has five races left in the season to seal another title.

Britain's James Toseland came sixth.

:flag::flag::flag:

slob
31-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah but did you see the 250 race?

neilbaldry
31-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm suprised there wasnt a linching squad after Hector Barbera in the form of Simoncelli and Pasini after that race!

In terms of close racing and thrills and spills, the 250 class is my fave, and I personally have found it alot more entertaining than the Moto GP class this season.

Shame we wont have it for much longer................. Whats happening with the replacements for the 250 class? Has this 600cc thing been dropped? (I hope so)

alreadyinuse
31-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Honda were the only team who were into the 600cc class.

dlloyduk
31-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Looks to me that Stoner is not coping to well with his self inflicted pressure!
By making his mouth go after Laguna Seca he has but pressure on himself that he did not have before his little tantrum. Two DNF's in a row will only add to the pressure....and rumours of Repsol Honda switching to Bridgestone for Indianapolis?

dlloyduk
31-08-2008, 05:33 PM
Honda were the only team who were into the 600cc class.

I think this would be a good thing as an extra class,maybe push Ducati to make a 600 V four desmo for road use later.

Stafford
31-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Don't forget little Bradley Smith 2nd place, good day at the office for him.

neilbaldry
31-08-2008, 07:18 PM
and rumours of Repsol Honda switching to Bridgestone for Indianapolis?

I heard Randy Mamola say during the Eurosport coverage (post race) that Repsol Honda would be making a statement this evening about this....... I'm going to go have a trawl through the internet to find it!

neilbaldry
31-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Ah, here we go!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Pedrosa+switches+to+Bridgestone+with+immediate+eff ect

Although it doesnt say why Hayden is staying with Michelins?

neilbaldry
31-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Pulled a quote from www.motogp.com from Casey Stoner:

`It is very disappointing for the weekend to end like this after showing such a high level of performance in practice. Basically we took the decision to put one lap on the race tyre in warm-up this morning to get it scrubbed in: we´ve done it before and not had a problem but today I could feel from the first lap that the grip wasn´t right. After a few laps it started to feel better and I was gaining confidence but it let go. It´s a real shame but, anyway, we tried hard here and once again I think we´ve shown we are very fast, we have a great bike and tyres that work fantastically.
***This gives me confidence for next year and I´m looking forward to it already.***
As for the injury, it´s huge disappointment this problem came out but I´ll have to wait until the end of the season for an operation.´

I have highlighted the relevent sentence with some asterisks as i dont know how to make it bold............

gary tompkins
31-08-2008, 08:57 PM
So what was Stoner's injury... apart from his pride? :cry:

alreadyinuse
31-08-2008, 09:03 PM
its 3 dnfs in a row for mr stoner.
He did what he did at Brno. saw Valentino was catching him, pushed harder and fell off.

Hes back to his grassini Honda style riding f3cking off in front then falling off.

dlloyduk
31-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Only two DNF,s in a row, he was second at Laguna despite falling off.

neilbaldry
31-08-2008, 09:35 PM
He rode for LCR Honda, not Team Gresini, that was Marco Melandri.

Seems that Randy De Puniet has got Casey Stoners 2006 form! Oh dear, fell of again did we?!