PDA

View Full Version : Strange fault or not?

desmo
29-08-2008, 07:54 PM
As you will see in another posting, I have just fitted a new DP ecu to my S2R 1000.
Anyway, before it was fitted if I turned on the ignition but did not start the bike, the headlight would turn off automatically after 60 secs as expained in the owners handbook.
If the engine was running, when switched off the headlight would turn off immediately, all ok so far.

But, since the new DP ecu has been fitted things have changed, now if I turn the ignition on, but do not start the bike, the headlamp does not automatically turn itself off after 60 secs?
Also, if the engine is running & I then switch it off the headlight stays on for a further 15 secs before it automatically switches itself off (tail-light does not stay on)

I rang the dealers, they said don't worry about it, the 1098's do that & reckoned it was so you can see to put your key in your door? (at this point my inbuilt bullsh1t alarm started going off) that can't be right, can it?

Does anyone else know anything about this?
Is this a genuine fault, or just a different feature of the new ecu?

barbican
29-08-2008, 10:30 PM
My 08 one does that - must be what the newer ECU's do, because I'm sure the 06 one I had before didn't - But then my memory is getting poor - what was the question?