PDA

View Full Version : Rideout Aug 30th London areas?

Diego
26-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Just back from Spain and the commute into the city this morning felt glorious ;-)

Bikes beat rental cars anyday!!!! Despite benchmarking a Mini Cooper in the Andalusian mountain roads the Monster still has the bigger grin factor.

Anyone fancy a rideout around the London neighbouring counties this Saturday 30th?

No ideas yet as to where and when but suggestions welcome!

Weather looks pretty good thus far!!!

Greetz!

------------------------------------------

slob
26-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Planning to do a Fatboy's on 6th too FWIW.
Didja bring us back a straw donkey in a sombrero?

Diego
26-08-2008, 12:40 PM
Planning to do a Fatboy's on 6th too FWIW.

Fatboys will be good indeed 1st Sat of Sept right? Went for a burger there the other day but they were closed. I think they were on holiday or sumthin.

Didja bring us back a straw donkey in a sombrero?

Sitting on the back of my Monster as per previous sightings in Islington ;-)

slob
26-08-2008, 12:46 PM
...but they were closed. I think they were on holiday or sumthin.

Yeah, the Red Bull people paid him to shut during the Air Race so he buggered off to Sicily for a couple of weeks... did you spot the two dummies he left sat at a table, sharing a bottle of wine?

ladybird
26-08-2008, 12:50 PM
glad you're back in one piece,

if i get her back in time i'll should be out to play

Diego
26-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Yeah, the Red Bull people paid him to shut during the Air Race so he buggered off to Sicily for a couple of weeks... did you spot the two dummies he left sat at a table, sharing a bottle of wine?

Paid Holidays. Ah fond memories of those times...

Did spot the dummies! And yes. The red bull peeps were all over the place! They did let me through as I wanted to show the gf a glimpse of the wharf. Although the place does look better empty. Meaning less cars and jet/propeller plane enthusiasts hahahaha...

No offence to air race lovers. I got many compliments from them on the Duc.

Diego
26-08-2008, 01:18 PM
glad you're back in one piece,

if i get her back in time i'll should be out to play

Nice 1! Will bump post closer to Saturday as most likely it will sink in the UKMOC quick sand. Leaving no more behind than air bubbles blub blub blub ;-)

Headhunter
26-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi Diego,

I may be able to make it but it all depends on the other half. Hopefully can twist her arm - in a nice way of course. So may be two's up for this one.

yantheman
26-08-2008, 07:15 PM
Count me in! I have new (to me anyway) carbon cans and new suspension set up by Doctor Slob™. May be a bit easier for me to follow you guys this time! :mand:

Headhunter
26-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Excellent Yan on the cans and suspension set-up. Cohibas just in case! ;)

If I can make it, I'll bring those pegs along too.

yantheman
26-08-2008, 07:26 PM
Yes, please Jon :)

faulkss
26-08-2008, 08:55 PM
+ 1 to the list for me :D

faulkss
27-08-2008, 01:46 PM
any plans on where to go?

Headhunter
27-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm fecked off. I can't make it guys, unless I'm back by 2pm. Boiler has gone belly up yet again and need to be around for the maintenance guy.

Rob, was hoping to speak to you in person about something but will send you a pm instead.

If it's an early morning meet, I may tag along for a bit or just meet you guys there, so I get out on the bike.

Diego
27-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm fecked off. I can't make it guys, unless I'm back by 2pm. Boiler has gone belly up yet again and need to be around for the maintenance guy.

Rob, was hoping to speak to you in person about something but will send you a pm instead.

If it's an early morning meet, I may tag along for a bit or just meet you guys there, so I get out on the bike.

Doh!

So busy at work I could not check forum till now. How horrid is that!

We could do an early run! How about another Henley? I need to see those roads under dry conditions.

Headhunter
27-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Is a fecker and am seriously p*ssed off about it, as I want to get out of London on the bike but don't change plans on my behalf.

Let me know what time you were planning, Diego. Then go from there. Am definitely up for another HonT.

yantheman
27-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Early run is good for me as well!! 7am Sat?

Diego
27-08-2008, 10:20 PM
Early run is good for me as well!! 7am Sat?

Lets do another Henley blat.....ending with an Ace cafe visit.

Excellent. Shall we say 7am Chiswick Flyover Service Station

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...9274&ay=178348

Diego
28-08-2008, 09:09 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?world=0008

27 degrees this Saturday :-)

Headhunter
28-08-2008, 09:46 AM
Crikey guys, you get up far too early for me of a weekend! Thought it was some kind of sick joke at first, Yan.

Will set the alarm and bring on the sunshine.

yantheman
28-08-2008, 09:46 AM
I will be there :)

Diego, the map link doesn't work?

yantheman
28-08-2008, 09:50 AM
:D :D if we set off at 7.30... should give us 2 and a half hours each way...

Jon you should be back by 1pm if thats ok :D

Headhunter
28-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Cool. Sounds good to me.

yantheman
28-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Great.

linky:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1+Great+West+Road,+London,+W4+5QJ&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=9.259789,18.786621&ie=UTF8&z=16&iwloc=addr

ladybird
28-08-2008, 10:33 AM
too early for me i'm afraid, won't have bike back til the afternoon
next time round

slob
28-08-2008, 10:40 AM
next time round

too early for you whether you have your bike back or not I imagine,
possibly too early for me... I still think this might be some sort of sick joke.

ladybird
28-08-2008, 10:41 AM
possibly too early for me... I still think this might be some sort of sick joke.

too true :D

yantheman
28-08-2008, 10:52 AM

Hope this is not a sick joke... cos I will be there :D

Its a bit too early, but hey less cars means more fun right?

Headhunter
28-08-2008, 11:06 AM
Diego & Yan, if you want to make it later so more can attend that's still cool with me, as I don't want others to miss out on a decent ride-out because of my SH**TY boiler.

Personally I'd say 9am is better and I can veer off as and when the time needs.

Up to you guys.

yantheman
28-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Anytime is good for me... 7, 8, 9 all good.

Back to you Diego...

Diego
28-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Anytime is good for me... 7, 8, 9 all good.

Back to you Diego...

Cheers for correcting the link dude.

How bout 9 then peeps? Sounds more reasonable eh?

I'll bring print outs of possible routes.

------------------------------------------------------------

Scott1
28-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Damn, too early for me chaps! Would be up for minimum of a 10.30 a.m. start. I need hangover reduction time....I like a beer after work on Fridays.

Scott

Diego
28-08-2008, 12:52 PM
Damn, too early for me chaps! Would be up for minimum of a 10.30 a.m. start. I need hangover reduction time....I like a beer after work on Fridays.

Scott

mmmmmmm beer. Meet you at Fatboys Sat 6th Sept then Scott?

yantheman
28-08-2008, 01:22 PM
come on scot... only an hour and a half earlier, you can nurse your hangover while you are on the bike... you know you want to ;)

slob
28-08-2008, 01:28 PM
come on scot... only an hour and a half earlier, you can nurse your hangover while you are on the bike... you know you want to ;)

hmmm... not usually a good move, if you feel hungover you probably still have last night's damage in your bloodstream still.

yantheman
28-08-2008, 01:36 PM
yes... you are right slob, I shouldn't encourage scot to do that... :( sorry my fault.

Headhunter
28-08-2008, 02:13 PM
9am is good for me.

seby
28-08-2008, 02:40 PM
hi guys just came back..n tired to understand!
which date ?
cheers

Diego
28-08-2008, 03:05 PM
hi guys just came back..n tired to understand!
which date ?
cheers

Hi Seby.

We are planning a ride this Saturday 30th of August in the Henley on Thames area ending in the Ace Cafe

Meeting 9:00 AM here. Prob Leaving at 9:15

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=chiswick+flyover&ie=UTF8&ll=51.492553,-0.285301&spn=0.038316,0.076904&z=14

If im am not mistaken thus far the following riding nutters for this ''early bird special'' ride have joined:

Yan
Headhunter (early departure)
Yours truly aka Diego

seby
28-08-2008, 03:07 PM
cheers
i hope to be there!

Diego
28-08-2008, 03:07 PM
next time round

Ladybird. Will you be joining us then on the 6th of Sept instead? Should be ok to find this time with Slobs interactive map.

Diego
28-08-2008, 03:10 PM
cheers
i hope to be there!

Excellent. The more the better!

yantheman
28-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Hi seby, there is a petrol station next to the roundabout under the flyover. I don't remember the brand now... (could be Esso, but don't quote me on that), we will be meeting up there. :)

slob
28-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't remember the brand now...

looks like a Texaco to me

seby
28-08-2008, 03:27 PM
tnx yan
i will confirm 2morrow
:D

yantheman
28-08-2008, 03:36 PM
hmm... Yeah could very well be a Texaco...

But how could you tell its a Texaco? :hail: Could not see any visual clues on the picture...

Headhunter
28-08-2008, 04:25 PM
hmm... Yeah could very well be a Texaco...

But how could you tell its a Texaco? :hail: Could not see any visual clues on the picture...

Think it was Slob's humour at play there, Yan. If not, he's got one unhealthy obsession with petrol stations. Personally I just stick to the beer.

slob
28-08-2008, 06:28 PM
humour...me?

yantheman
28-08-2008, 08:19 PM
I think it is a Q8 :D

seby
29-08-2008, 09:58 AM
i will be there!

CK & AK
29-08-2008, 10:02 AM
losing plot here as not good at remembering types of garages.......:D

- where are you guys riding out to?

Headhunter
29-08-2008, 10:46 AM
Diego's run but I would imagine out to HonT followed by some nice country rides nearby.

Very nice as well, Charlotte.

Diego
29-08-2008, 01:38 PM
Diego's run but I would imagine out to HonT followed by some nice country rides nearby.

The above indeed. My good ol 600 Dark is currently at Rosso Corse as my throttle is way too stiff and I had no time to take a look at cable myself. Will pick it up at 17:00 though.....

Wanted to pick up new helmet too but work needs me offsite tonight grrrrrr!!!!
Trying to delegate aka pass the bucket my way out of it!

Should be good tomorrow...according to BBC weather it will turn pretty sour on Sunday and after.

p.s Headhunter..whats the name of the place where we stopped for a bite last time?

CK & AK
29-08-2008, 01:53 PM

Very nice as well, Charlotte.

ok, am really thick (HH - just dont agree or you get a thump! :p ) - where the heck is HonT???????????

yantheman
29-08-2008, 02:09 PM
:) hi CK, its Henley On Thames ;)

Scott1
29-08-2008, 02:42 PM
I am in for a somewhat quiter night than prdecited and a nine 9 a.m. meet could tempt me out of my slumber.

I haven't got a clue how to get to the Chiswick flyover unidentifiable garage place but I'll set my alarm and see how I feel when it goes off.

Diego
29-08-2008, 02:47 PM
I am in for a somewhat quiter night than prdecited and a nine 9 a.m. meet could tempt me out of my slumber.

I haven't got a clue how to get to the Chiswick flyover unidentifiable garage place but I'll set my alarm and see how I feel when it goes off.

Nice 1 m8. If you do wake up and ride down its not so hard to find. Once ur on the roundabout you'll see the petrol station.

Headhunter
29-08-2008, 03:03 PM
C, I could be so cheeky but as you're a lady....as Yan said. Would have been very impressed if you did get, as there wasn't much to go on. BTW, good news re WSB!

Diego, the place is called The Little Angel.

CK & AK
29-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Might try & catch up with you guys later - am meeting peeps at the (dreaded) Ace (how I hate the ride there) so will see how time goes:)

craigie
29-08-2008, 07:30 PM
If I wake up in time I may pop along too.

faulkss
29-08-2008, 07:47 PM
i will be there before 9.

Diego
29-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Bike fixed and ready to go!!!

Excellent see you all there.

Headhunter
29-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Excellent, Diego.

Off to watch Family Guy and set the alarm for the morrow. See you guys there.

craigie
30-08-2008, 08:45 AM
Doh! slept in, maybe catch y'all at the Ace.

ladybird
30-08-2008, 08:51 AM
no bike back yet, sometime this afternoon, time for a NCoT

ladybird
30-08-2008, 12:23 PM
mike waiting on exhaust fittings, fingers crossed RM did their job, otherwise Monday, arrrgh :) it's sunny and nice and i'm bored, even housework has been done.
hope you're having a nice ride out

Headhunter
30-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Good to see everyone today and to meet some new faces. A good turnout, Diego.

Shame I couldn't have stayed at the pub with you guys - was starving!

Scott1
30-08-2008, 04:17 PM
That was a really good ride out today, good to see people again and meet some new faces, shame I couldn't have made it to the Ace. I got lost going home as usual but it was worth it, the roads out Henly way are quality.

Hope to be out again soon.

Cheers, Scott

Diego
30-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Cheers fellas for a superbe ride out!!!! I am knackered!!!!!

Seby, Yan, Steve hope you got home ok!!!

Ladybird, Craigie maybe next time...

Here's a piccy of the last stop in Wallingford. Just a tad further and we would have been on the M40....

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r130/diego_heerens/CIMG4724-1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------

yantheman
30-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Seby and I couldn't catch up with you guys... we ended up taking the A43 and M4 back to London. Originally didn't want to stop at Ace, but both of us were ffing knackered and we went and had a cuppa there. Thought might catch up with Diego and Jason(?) but no one we knew was there... anyway home safe now.

Have learned a lot today... I am too rubbish... need to learn more road craft and practise more... [slob voice]Easy tiger![/slob voice] says it all :fou:

Ride safe!!

Headhunter
30-08-2008, 05:37 PM
You're not rubbish at all, Yan. As I said at the petrol station you should ride at your own pace and never follow the herd, if you're not happy with it. Those ahead tend to wait at the next turn off, so in theory nobody should get lost and everyone enjoys the ride regardless of riding skills.

Never worth risking your life or your bike trying to keep up, mate.

yantheman
30-08-2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the kind words Headhunter :) I made some typical newbie mistakes and they were not necessary at all, will keep that in my mind for sure! Very good learning experience.

Hope your boiler have been fixed now... off to polish the metal footpegs ;)

Yan

Scott1
30-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Yan mate, you ride fine, at least you didn't wipe out...shame the guy in on the Ninja did have a little spill.

Did anybody see that brown wheelie bin in the middle of the road near the last stop! Somebody must of put that there and it was fecking dangerous.

That guy who was with us for a while, I don't know what Duke it was, that sounded incredible!

I need knew pipes now!

Headhunter
30-08-2008, 05:50 PM
That's why I enjoy the :ukm: rideouts. Never feel the need to keep up or ride outside of my limits.

Yep, now have hot water at last. Hope you enjoy the new pegs - will feel a bit weird/small at first but will soon got used to them.

Headhunter
30-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Did anybody see that brown wheelie bin in the middle of the road near the last stop! Somebody must of put that there and it was fecking dangerous.

Jesus Christ, Scott. Sounds like you boys had a bit of an assault course on the way back.

Slob and I yawned on the M4. I hate motorways.

yantheman
30-08-2008, 05:57 PM
Yan mate, you ride fine, at least you didn't wipe out...shame the guy in on the Ninja did have a little spill.

That guy who was with us for a while, I don't know what Duke it was, that sounded incredible!

I need knew pipes now!

Cheers Scot :)

Yeah... fxxking hell, i saw that brown wheelie bin from a mile... I thought it was a desk/table :D Fine as it was on the straight... could have been very different if it was in a blind bend... The red car on the right must have dropped it by accident, hope no one run into it!! Could have been lethal even for a car.

The guy was riding a 999, awesome sound from his exhaust.

yantheman
30-08-2008, 06:04 PM
Jesus Christ, Scott. Sounds like you boys had a bit of an assault course on the way back.

Slob and I yawned on the M4. I hate motorways.

Same for me and seby on our way back on the M4 with a numb bottom!

There was a brown wheelie bin lying horizontally in the middle of the the road, we all had to go round to the other side of the road to avoid hitting it...

Diego
30-08-2008, 06:50 PM
Yan dude. Dont worry you are an excellent rider. Confidence comes with time and often is misplaced anyways. Nice you made it to the Ace as I believe it was Seby 1st time there.

Went to the Ace as well and stayed for bout 30 mins in the naughty corner. Nobody showed so went home. Big American sled car had preference to bikers again :-(

Very nice day though. Jon, cheers for leadin around Henley again!!! I'll show ya the roads around goring - cholsey - wallingford next time! The bit alongside the Thames is quite nice.

slob
30-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I laughed when we came over the brow of the hill and saw Steve and Jason going round and round that roundabout. Did you see the red an black Monster in the layby just before we got back to HonT? young woman standing next to it didn't look too happy.
I dropped by the Ace on my way back too... it was sh!t, next time a flourescent numpty tells me where I can't park will be my last visit to the 'hole.

Scott1
30-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I'm amazed I missed the young woman! I must be slacking.

I've just been down to the shop to buy some fruit and nuts, which amazingly turned into four cans of beer and a pie by the time I got in, and whilst stood in the que, I was looking at the squashed flies on my lid, reflecting on taday's blast and thought, I've got to come on a rideout again soon.

Would be good to see the 620 fixed up Rob, even tho the Blue Beast is probably my fave Monnie, especially all those bling carbon bits you keep adding.......I honestly think its a brilliant bike.

Diego, Steve Jason and me also had another round of round the roundabout later on, I'm glad you didn't see it, I felt sick by the time we pulled back on to the road.

I still want to visit the Ace before it turns cold.

yantheman
30-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Yan dude. Dont worry you are an excellent rider. Confidence comes with time and often is misplaced anyways. Nice you made it to the Ace as I believe it was Seby 1st time there.

Went to the Ace as well and stayed for bout 30 mins in the naughty corner. Nobody showed so went home. Big American sled car had preference to bikers again :-(

Very nice day though. Jon, cheers for leadin around Henley again!!! I'll show ya the roads around goring - cholsey - wallingford next time! The bit alongside the Thames is quite nice.

Cheers Diego :) Yes, seby told me he wanted to go to the Ace for a long time and I think he was not too impressed... like slob said, it is a bit of a 'hole' lol!

yantheman
30-08-2008, 07:31 PM
hi Slob, where can I get some clutch plates? Could you point me to the right direction? the 'bay' selling clutch kits for £150!!

Headhunter
30-08-2008, 07:53 PM
I laughed when we came over the brow of the hill and saw Steve and Jason going round and round that roundabout. Did you see the red an black Monster in the layby just before we got back to HonT? young woman standing next to it didn't look too happy.

I swear I heard Diego laugh behind me when we got there too. The look on the drivers' faces was classic.

The lady didn't look too happy did she, but thought it was cool of her to wave. Felt a bit rude not to respond.

Diego, not a problem re leading the HonT bit. Will PM you route soon and definitely up for Wallingford - used to go fishing there when I was much much younger.

Let me know what works for you and let's try and set something up. (w/e of 5th/20th/27th don't work for me).

slob
30-08-2008, 07:58 PM
especially all those bling carbon bits you keep adding.......I honestly think its a brilliant bike.

That was all done by the previous owner, only thing I've added to it are the silver tie-wraps, instead of black.

Scott1
30-08-2008, 08:15 PM
That was all done by the previous owner, only thing I've added to it are the silver tie-wraps, instead of black.

I'm aware of that now, was just kidding, I was flat out with my head on the tank at one point today and you pulled away from me as effortly as a man going on a country walk, followed by a drunken idiot with one leg, it didn't even sound like it was making an effort.

I don't think I could go round corners with it as well as my 'dwarved up' special but I aspire to get mine to sound half as good.

faulkss
30-08-2008, 10:01 PM
yeah i got home... fell asleep filtering through traffic, then got a couple of red lights and that was that. Managed to ride for another hour or so before i finally decided that i had better head home.

Thanks for the ride out though, before Jase had his moment, there was some good corners in there!

Steve

faulkss
30-08-2008, 10:18 PM
oh and that first roundabout was killing me, i think that by the time you guys got there we had done 8 or 9 turns... and i was just about ready to pull off as it was killing me. I was just lucky that i had no food in me ... or it might have been messy :)

seby
30-08-2008, 11:46 PM
thanks guys for the nice ride n company