PDA

View Full Version : WSB here we come

CK & AK
26-08-2008, 08:41 AM
This morning we have had confirmed the fantastic news that 50% of the Knight Road Race Team will be racing at the World Superbike meeting at Donington on 4th - 7th Sept.
Clint has been offered a place on the grid in the support races - in the Thundersport GP1/Sound of Thunder races.
Due to the supreme kindness of David Pratt, Clint will be lining up on David's 2007 Buildbase 1098 bike in the Sound of Thunder Races, with AK & I there as 'support crew'. This is so exciting and also rather scarey at the same time for us all, as we are looking forwards to the circus that is WSB but also keeping in mind the financial implications of such a meeting too.
Clint will be going up from his regular 78bhp ride on the K RR team's Tango Monster800 - to 186bhp on Daves 1098!! However, Clint is looking forwards to this challenge as he used to ride the big watercooled bikes in South Africa and did rather well on them there. Clint is a Ducati technician, so also has to ride on shop and customer bikes for PDI/Service work etc. We all appreciate, that as we do not have any tracktime for set up between now & next week that Clint & the bike will not have time to get to know each other, so this may not produce good results.
Clint has 30 mins qualifying on the Friday, then a race on Saturday and also the Sunday. We would love to offer tickets to all our sponsors and friends but we are at present limited to only the 3 paddock passes. We are just so sorry that we cannot at this time take Bones or Nick with us too.

CK & AK :)

JMo
26-08-2008, 09:09 AM
That's fantastic news! Go get 'em!

xxx

slob
26-08-2008, 09:23 AM
woohoo! best of luck to all three of you.

CK & AK
26-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Cheers! :D

Might be a bit late to go in the programme tho :( but at least we'll be there doing what we all love best :cool:

scrumpster
26-08-2008, 12:01 PM
That's brilliant news :mand: Tell Nick he will have to pay his way :o Bless him

Mand
26-08-2008, 12:36 PM
Wow! How ace is that? :)

ladybird
26-08-2008, 12:51 PM
top banana :banana:

Scotty
26-08-2008, 05:39 PM
playing with the big boys now :oh my god:

neilbaldry
26-08-2008, 06:43 PM
Get plenty of photo's!

And get some serious schmoozing in the WSB paddock!

Could Clint be the answer to the question of Baylisstic's replacement? I hope he does well!

Good Luck!

Bodybag
26-08-2008, 07:21 PM
Thats brilliant news. Schmooze as much as you can and enjoy the atmosphere. Working with the BSB is awesome so WSBK is going to blow your minds (hopefully).

Congratulations and we expect lots of photos!! :D

BluprintZ
26-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Well done to you all!
Have a brill time, you tell me all about it when you come to Anglesey next month.
Get the kettle on Charlotte! : )

George.

CK & AK
26-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanx all - its just occurred to me that I can try & drag Troy back with me to the caravan on the Thurs night - wonder if AK will mind...... :D

BluprintZ - kettle may well be on - we accept chocolate (or cake) tokens in return - memo to Mand & Mr Cake who also may be going to Anglesey too ;)

Will try & get sensible pics, just trying to get AK out of painting the spare bashed fairings orange at the moment... means they would clash with the tank/frame & seat pod which are a lovely red!

Neil - Clint is a little too old to replace Bayliss mate (even he said that) - I know Clint looks about 12 (or 14 on a bad day) but he's really 34! :eek:

C

craigie
26-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Good luck folks.

its just occurred to me that I can try & drag Troy back with me to the caravan on the Thurs night :D
C

He is only little, you could probably just pick him up or lure him with a couple of tinnies. Good luck with that too.