PDA

View Full Version : fitting aftermarket cans

Dookbob
25-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Hi, Am thinking (wanting) to fit a pair of lighter, noisier carbon cans to my 620sie, and maybe opening up the airbox too. How do I get more fuel through it to match the extra air flow, is it a chip in the ECU, or a power commander that I should be considering.
Cheers Dookbob

wooley_t
25-08-2008, 09:16 PM
......... drop me a PM and i'll give you mine and some numbers for local duke dudes....only live in long eaton. my mate had an S2R with a power commander/ decat pipe.....and cored cans done by my old man........Ducati Bob...and it was the dogs danglers

Space Cadet
27-08-2008, 10:40 AM
I had some Termis fitted to my 2005 620ie before I picked it up from the dealer, I asked at the time if I should upgrade the filter and they advised not to as it would loose some low-down power, they did adjust the ECU though which apparently is necessary when fitting the Termis (Not sure if this is the case for other cans).

Dookbob
27-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Thanks space cadet, thats interesting to know, I will have to brush up on the ECU thing, and find out what can be done by a meddler without ****ing up the whole thing.
Cheers dookbob