PDA

View Full Version : '98 M750 cafe racer clip on conversion - advice and pics please!!

wooley_t
25-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Im looking to do a conversion on my monnie, love the cafe racer look and 'cause im a six footer, have just bought the spacers for the rear arm to give me height.

What i'd ideally like is clip ons too but dont want to have my arse in the air and chin on the ground......more of a superbike position.

Ive seen the rizoma's that Markus has on his and bloody love em, but wondered if they'd fit mine....

Seen some on ebay for £212..........

Also been looking at the 916/996 clip ons but unsure of the bore size??. Mine are 50mm. I have '99 S4 legs on the front and wondered if these would fit.

Most are saying 53mm....

What bore are the 900ss/sl??.

Ive looked at these and if im hanging these under the top yoke, you get a bit of a kick up with these with how there manufactured, thats what im looking for..... I'm worried that standard clip ons would just hang too low, thus the arse in the air and the look not right....

Be interested to hear about and see any conversions just to get the set up i want..........

How do they ride with this set up???. I can imagine it would be a good set up on a monnie and itching to try....

Look forward to feedback.........

Will.

giler
26-08-2008, 05:44 AM
Did my 900 last winter - I went with Tomaselli adjustables.
Thay are a bit of pig to line up but I love the look and feel, and I think more wieght over the front helps the handling.

slob
26-08-2008, 05:55 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=21289

Dave G
26-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Superbike clip ons wont fit, they are 53mm. Anything from a monster or SS or ST should fit straight on, also if your trawling ebay ,some years of R1 and GSXR fitments will also fit(cant remember the actual years of each model). I got mine that way as there are more of them out there if you are looking for something specific like these,if you see something likely just ask the seller what the diameter of the fork clamps are, 50mm and your in luck..

Mr Cake
26-08-2008, 01:02 PM
Make sure your cables are long enough and properly routed for the clip-ons. There are plenty of cheaper alternatives to see if you like them before going for some multi-adjustables.

Also you'll need to drop the yokes down the forks in order to reveal enough fork leg fit the bars. Just be aware that this will steepen the fork angle and make the steering a little more nervous. That coupled with more of your weight over the front only exacerbates the effect, so take things steady until you're used to it. Another way is to fit the clip-ons below the top yoke to retain the current fork angle but if you're going to take the top yoke off you'll need to take the weight off the front wheel!!!

Good luck.

alreadyinuse
26-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Race supplies direct do 50mm clip ons for the monster. £30
They are probablly a bit low but they are worth it. You find out if you like me or not and £30 is no great loss.
Or you like em and buy more expensive prettier ones

carb'd SS ones wont with they foul on the yokes.

Later SS ones do fit.
ST ones are same As S4 ones. dont look that great not cafe racer styled and you'd need a new top yoke.

Mount them under the top yoke.
no need to lower the yoke if you wanted them over cos You have a 98 so there should be fork sticking up.
Later ones are flush.

Mr Cake
26-08-2008, 01:28 PM
You find out if you like me or not and £30 is no great loss

Pimping yourself out for just £30??? ;)