PDA

View Full Version : nervous 1st step

scrapps
17-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Today sue (my better half) took a very nervous 1st step into the world of motor bikes,yep after months of saying she would try going pillion on my bike today was the day.
We only went for a quick spin around the block followed by a five min pooble around the bay,but she did enjoy her 1st run and did say she would go again.
so hopefully soon we will see her out on a kent ukmoc run or down the cafe for a big fry up.
I am very proud of my girl giving it a try as she spent lots of time in hospitals in S/A visiting her brother after many crashes on trackdays(made her very nervous).

Nonnie
17-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Well done Sue. We need more ladies out and about on bikes. I fell in love with my boyfriend (now my husband) on the back of his bike. Oh yes I did!

Arbeia
17-08-2008, 06:42 PM
a very well done,i admire any lady who rides pillion or her own bike. trying to get my gal to go on the back of mine but she wont have any of it. nevermind ,one can live in hope.

Albie
17-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Good on you Sue. Im going to riding my sis in laws horse next year sometime after years of me saying No NO NO.Going to have a go.

See you soon we hope.

Nickj
17-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Oh sheesh Albie, make sure you wear ALL of your armoured gear for that!!!!

I get to see more horse related injuries than bikes or cars, even DIY is safer

scrapps
17-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Thats why sue did not try the bike for months,she broke her hand falling of her horse....(and someone we know sadly die last week after a nasty fall) Albie mate make sure you take care on that horse. I know I am also riding horses now but I am having prof riding lessons.

scrumpster
18-08-2008, 06:20 AM
Well done Sue. Scrapps she'll need her own wheels soon!!! Now how does a woman persuade her bloke to get on the back? We'd look like little and large and I'm not sure the rear shock could stand the combined weight :mand:

scrapps
18-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Well done Sue. Scrapps she'll need her own wheels soon!!! Now how does a woman persuade her bloke to get on the back? We'd look like little and large and I'm not sure the rear shock could stand the combined weight :mand:

Not sure she would want her own bike in the near future(dont give her ideas) but you never know.
I would go pillion with her (or other women riders)I think its hard if you ride to go on the back, male or female.(sue is all most as tall as me so it would not look odd)

J.P
18-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Glad to hear it went well mate.

Albie
18-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Oh sheesh Albie, make sure you wear ALL of your armoured gear for that!!!!

I get to see more horse related injuries than bikes or cars, even DIY is safer

I will only be trying the horse as I have never ridden before. Karen is a good rider and wont let me do nothing stupid. I wont be having a go probs quite a while and yes will wear a riding hat too without fail. I reckon just a plod around her holding the reins will be enough for me to say " thats enough " LOL

MilesB
26-08-2008, 09:20 PM
I would go pillion with her (or other women riders)I think its hard if you ride to go on the back, male or female.(sue is all most as tall as me so it would not look odd)
It's all about trust. When Susan and me went touring on the TDM we would share the riding. Susan could fall asleep on the back,and I was happy to 'doze'... not that we'll be doing his again for a while.

Well done Scrapps

Miles

steeevvvooo
26-08-2008, 09:29 PM
I had the same ths weekend. After being told "I'll get on in a year or so once you've got some experience" (only passed my DAS about 3 weeks ago, but had a 125 for 12 months before that), we finally found an XXS helmet for a reasonable price. i could only find Arai before that, and didn't want to splash out in case she didn't like being on the back. :rolleyes:

After a little pootle round town, she loved it. Went to Hein Gericke the next day to buy her some clothing! Between the cambelt change and all her gear, the Duc has cost me a fortune this weekend! :eyepopping:

gary tompkins
27-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Nice one Scrapps & Sue

Looks like you'll need a room for 2 at Arrow Mill in 2009?