PDA

View Full Version : Ducati Accessories

gasman78
16-08-2008, 05:45 PM
HI. Am new to this forum as only just collected the new addition to the family a couple of weeks back (and am absolutely loving it - so much better than my last bike - had an 'epiphany' on the test ride and knew I had to have it!).
One initial question : Is there a delay in getting ducati accessories? In particular, I ordered a tail pack for my 696 ages ago (before i even got the bike), but haven't had any word from the dealer, despite much nagging. When I ordered the bike, I was given a completely accurate delivery date despite the three month waiting list. It seems luggage is more of a problem! Anyone else experiencing the same issues?
Actually, two questions! Is it neccessary to return to the dealer you bought the bike off for its' 600 mile service ? Only I bought it in Coventry which is 40 miles away, but there is an official Ducati service agent barely 5 miles from me (Gtech performance). I'd rather use the local one if i can. There are NO problems with the bike at this point so it would only be an oil change and filters, and I am PAYING for it anyway ?! What do people think?

Bodybag
16-08-2008, 06:37 PM
Congratulations on your new purchase. :D

You can use G-Tech as it won't invalidate your warranty. There is no need to use the same dealer for servicing.

As for accessories, Italy closes for August!! Ducati is essentially closed now until September. As the 696 is a brand new bike and completely different to previous Monsters; parts and accessories are still struggling to come through.

Reading other posts, there are plenty of other 696 owners in the same boat at the moment.

Arbeia
16-08-2008, 08:15 PM
i been waiting for a tail chop for 696 for nearly 3 months now.
i`m from newcastle and bought the bike at ducati leeds and took it back ,there for 1st service. must be 90-120 miles or something.
The service was cheaper than if i got it done in newcastle but with the fuel getting to leeds it worked out the same if i did get it serviced in newcastle,if you know what i mean. But i wanted it done where i got it. Personal choice. and its a perfect excuse for a ride out. i only waited an hour and a half ,then biked back,was a canny day out. ;)

did you get a 10% discount card off your dealer?

gasman78
17-08-2008, 09:00 AM
10% discount ????! Noone mentioned that . Mind you, there wasn't much haggling to be had - 3 - 4 month waiting list and relatively high demand saw to that.
Think i will try G-Tech as they are so close. Anyone had any experience with them (it looks very good) ?