PDA

View Full Version : bike is back firing like mad!!

ricky
14-08-2008, 06:30 PM
ok ive fitted termis k&n filter and smaller front sprocket, now the bike is back firing like crazy when i close throttle and when i accelerate!

ok i know a pwer commander will prob sort this but funds are needed else where (off road bike gettin rebuilt!!) whats the cheapest way of sorting out the timing or whatever is wrong??

Headhunter
14-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Find a dealer who has one of those fuel/air mix gadgets and get them to modify fuelling for you.

I took mine to Rosso Corse and got it done for £70. No problems since.

Scotty
14-08-2008, 07:58 PM
make sure you fitted the exhaust properly , (as in no leaks, you shouldn't be able to feel any blowing around the joins)

if that's ok try putting the Std Air filter back in

NattyBoy
14-08-2008, 08:35 PM
sounds like its taking in air to me ricky

Pedro
14-08-2008, 09:26 PM
What Scotty and Natty said (although I can't quite believe Natty made a mechanical diagnosis.... wonders will never cease!)

The back firing on the over run is a classic sign of a leaking exhaust, probably where you've fitted the termi's. Bit of exhaust paste when refitting then should sort it

ricky
14-08-2008, 09:28 PM
i think its the k&n ill change it round tomorrow and see. can the front sprocket change effect it?

Pedro
14-08-2008, 09:31 PM
K&N won't cause this, leaky exhaust....

ricky
14-08-2008, 09:40 PM
i badly banged the bottom pipe a while ago (while landing a very impressive but accidently jump) and its badly scraped, maybe its been loosened somewhere.

cheers everyone ill prob be on here tomorrow on the beg!!!

NattyBoy
15-08-2008, 07:21 AM
Drill some holes in the downpipes ricky..if the backfiring gets worse - then my diagnosis was correct.

God im a genius..lol !

ricky
15-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Drill some holes in the downpipes ricky..if the backfiring gets worse - then my diagnosis was correct.

God im a genius..lol !

ok im heading outside now with the drill, if it dosnt help ill send you the bill!!!:)