PDA

View Full Version : Belgium Invasion 2008

Albie
11-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Just a thread to spark some interest as to the conversation we had on Sunday about us getting some T shirts/Polo shirts done with us invading belgium this coming September.

I made the recommendation of UKMOC on the front left breast and on the back Either

MONSTERS invade Belgium 2008

UKMOC Mass invasion Belgium 2008

UKMOC on tour Belgium 2008

Please if you want something to wear we need to sort this out pronto as Scrapps as contacts.

Please by all means suggest or vote the best but quickly and what sort of shirt. Cheap or dear.

Andy

gary tompkins
11-08-2008, 10:36 PM
UKMOC on tour 2008 gets my vote - any idea on a design for front?

Can I also put in an order for a pair of wet socks ;)

ladybird
11-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Belgium Invasion 2008
"I can see every monster as they come in.”

:)

i probably missed the point.

anything in black

Albie
11-08-2008, 10:46 PM
UKMOC on tour 2008 gets my vote - any idea on a design for front?

Can I also put in an order for a pair of wet socks ;)

How about a picture of the ukmoc bike of the year on the front.

emily's driver
11-08-2008, 10:57 PM
How about "Sod the bikes just point me in the direction of beer and chocolates"

benson
11-08-2008, 11:09 PM
I like Nonnie's bike Yay!!!

Capo
12-08-2008, 12:46 AM
I don't think the word "invasion" (in these days and times) would be appropriate

slob
12-08-2008, 05:46 AM
I don't think the word "invasion" (in these days and times) would be appropriate

Yep, tour is probably a safer bet if you don't want to offend our hosts.

Stuart42
12-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Hi

sounds good.

Like Albies idea for the UKMOC bike pic.

Cheers
Stuart

logyk
12-08-2008, 12:37 PM
My only suggestion is that it be done with quality materials.

I was impressed by the Belgians' regalia when they visited us. We don't want to be viewed as the "poor relations " do we ?

scrapps
12-08-2008, 01:01 PM
My only suggestion is that it be done with quality materials.

I was impressed by the Belgians' regalia when they visited us. We don't want to be viewed as the "poor relations " do we ?

I agree with quality gear, maybe crew shirts with stitched logos.
I will look on his site and maybe post a link.....
maybe ukmoc across the back and belgian tour 2008 on front.

alreadyinuse
12-08-2008, 01:26 PM
a monster silhouette.
doing a wheely. add whatever slogan.
http://www.spreadshirt.net/users/1337000/1336560/products/158/1336560_7125158_1_huge.jpg

scrapps
12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
a monster silhouette.
doing a wheely. add whatever slogan.
http://www.spreadshirt.net/users/1337000/1336560/products/158/1336560_7125158_1_huge.jpg

I would prefer something more subtle. (I am a less is more person)

ladybird
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
at least line the wheels up with nips if it's going to be that big ;)

but moar subtleness
small ukmoc logo on the front sounded good

i'd also prefer black (red at a push) than white tee ta.

ladybird
12-08-2008, 01:39 PM
I agree with quality gear, maybe crew shirts with stitched logos.
I will look on his site and maybe post a link.....
maybe ukmoc across the back and belgian tour 2008 on front.

would we be listing the touring members, i've not been on the back of a top before :)

Gadget
12-08-2008, 02:19 PM
I agree with Scrapps and Logyk.

Quality gear is a must. If we are to present kit to our European kindred then it should say something about us as a club. 99p Primark specials are not going to make the right impression. Especially if we would like to make visiting foreign clubs a regular occurrence.

Less is more.

As for a logo:

UKMOC <<<as per this years logo.
Belgium 2008

J.P
12-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Scrapp's idea of a crew t-shirt would look smart for sure.
A small breast logo with the 'On tour' on the back ?
And I guess that it would have to be RED ?

scrapps
12-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Not fussed about the colour pref not white or anything to light red,black,blue,grey. some of the crew/team shirts are two colour side inserts etc. I will pop over to see him tonight or tomorow and find some samples.

ladybird
12-08-2008, 02:59 PM
Not fussed about the colour pref not white or anything to light red,black,blue,grey. some of the crew/team shirts are two colour side inserts etc. I will pop over to see him tonight or tomorow and find some samples.

when you say crew/team shirts are we talking short sleeve polo or cotton thick officey shirts?

images from http://www.grandprixlegends.com not to use for anything other than personal use just for illustrative porpoises (they have a big don't be naughty section for their images) hence just some links
http://www.grandprixlegends.com/public/pictures/medium/DU692.jpg
http://www.grandprixlegends.com/public/pictures/medium/DU858.jpg

oh yes, and thank you for sorting things out

J.P
12-08-2008, 03:05 PM
And if we do order some, let's order extra to sell onto our Belgian cousins because they may well also want a souvenir.

scrapps
12-08-2008, 03:11 PM
I would pref the cotton office style shirt over polo shirts,but as there is no set up fee we could have either.
I find polo shirts look rough or stretch very quick.

J.P
12-08-2008, 03:19 PM
I find polo shirts look rough or stretch very quick.

Only when you eat all the pies

scrapps
12-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Only when you eat all the pies

Or when you eat all the belgium choc and drink loads of the beer ?
I will go for a short sleeve shirt but choose what type you like,it would also look nice if we had the ducati logo on the sleeve or something ?(just a idea)

Gadget
12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
I'd prefer a cotton shirt that can be nicely ironed to a polo shirt and a polo shirt to a T-shirt.
White, Red or Black I don't mind. Ducati red with small Corsa type shield on one of the arms.

UKMOC (with or without the year) on the left breast.
Mention somewhere on the back of the trip to La Belge.(date optional again).

This is going to get complicated before we're finished.

J.P
12-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Reproduction of the Rosso Corsa name and logo could get you in trouble with copyright.

Gadget
12-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Reproduction of the Rosso Corsa name and logo could get you in trouble with copyright.

Amended to keep us on the straight and narrow. ;)

gary tompkins
12-08-2008, 04:29 PM
How about something like this...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/GeeTee_album/belgium.jpg

or this on the front...

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/GeeTee_album/belgium2.jpg

With the UKMOC on tour 2008 on the reverse, and this logo with the stars & stripes replaced with a union jack?

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w169/GeeTee_album/f-belgium.jpg

Gadget
12-08-2008, 04:33 PM
I like the idea of the bottom logo. Maybe get some pins made up the same Union flag and the Belgian flag.
Great idea GT.

Does anyone know if it's possible and the cost???

alan c
12-08-2008, 05:06 PM
count me in for a shirt, cotton crew shirt sounds good, like the idea of the flags logo on pocket maybe with year, and ukmoc logo on back ? black and red ?
just my thoughts, will be good to see price etc before we get to carried away ?

Grumpy
12-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Personally i'm a black tee shirt man, but i'll go with the flow.
Monsters on tour get's my vote, plus a combined union jack/belgium flag on the sleeve.
The UKMOC emblem over the right breast, and a list of who's on the tour on the back with the dates.
A quality shirt is a must.

Stafford
12-08-2008, 05:21 PM
My sister in law is guessing £5 - £8 for embrodered UKMOC over Belgium 2008.
If they were all at £10 we could have some spare covered in the costs for our hosts.
Keep working on the final designs.
Also colour I guess will have to be grey, white or red as black text on a black shirt is hard to read.

gary tompkins
12-08-2008, 05:34 PM
Right - had a quick play on photoshop

Tried the twin flag logo on rear but binned it in favour of this. For some reason when I merged down onto template all the colours went black/white? Anyway if you look at the originals I uploaded you get the idea. The UKMOC shield uses the revised UKMOC lettering in the banner BTW.

The twin flags could always go on the sleeve perhaps?

Albie
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
I must admit I would prefer a heavy shirt but would crease when we go no doubt. I would like a polo shirt more than a T shirt. Black or red not white. Dont mind paying £20 or more if its a goodun.

So can we nearly finalise what we require.
My choice is

Black or red
Polo or short shirt
UKMOC on tour Belgium 08
Flags on arm

scrapps
12-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Right good quality shirt two colour polo £7.00 two colour crew shirt £10.00
embroidered logos,front £2.00 sleeve £1.00 back(upto 12")£4.00 name logo etc on collar £1.00
I will post link to there site later.
they will do any combination of logos you want
I will get a red/black crew shirt with ukmoc across back belgium 2008 on front and ducati logo on sleeve or collar.
they do same colour polos red/black black/red etc as crew shirts so we would match in both....
let me know what you think....

Albie
12-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Sounds good Rich. I think a shirts the best way. I was thinking of maybe a name on left sleeve with small ukmoc

slob
12-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Should try to avoid very large embroidered logos if possible as it can make the shirt feels a bit rigid between your shoulders etc.

scrapps
12-08-2008, 06:38 PM
Should try to avoid very large embroidered logos if possible as it can make the shirt feels a bit rigid between your shoulders etc.

yep you may have a good point .....
maybe ukmoc front and belgium 2008 on one sleeve and ducati logo on other(less is more !)

scrapps
12-08-2008, 06:42 PM
If you want to have a look at the shirts go to www.heronworkwear.co.uk. Select ukleisurewear plc link on the left. To view the 2 shirts search: KK475 for the polo shirt and KK185 for the crewshirt.

Albie
12-08-2008, 06:51 PM
well I like the red shirt. Let me know when you getting one done and I will do the same as you.Maybe we get one done so rest can see.

scrapps
12-08-2008, 07:04 PM
well I like the red shirt. Let me know when you getting one done and I will do the same as you.Maybe we get one done so rest can see.

How about getting a couple made red shirt black inserts with ukmoc on front belgium2008 on one sleeve and the ducati logo(normal red) on other sleeve
you could also have your nickname on the collar to personalise them.
I just dont want to much on them or they will not get worn after ?

Albie
12-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Ok lets do it. I would prefer my name on breast though.

A large shirt for me.

scrapps
12-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Ok lets do it. I would prefer my name on breast though.

A large shirt for me.

ok so two large red/black crew shirts(yours and mine) with ukmoc logo on front breast belgium 2008 on one sleeve and the ducati logo on the other.
so they would be £14.00 each i will try to get him to sort asap

any others while i am there ?

I do like the twin flag GT posted maybe as a badge...

Albie
12-08-2008, 07:25 PM
ok so two large red/black crew shirts(yours and mine) with ukmoc logo on front breast belgium 2008 on one sleeve and the ducati logo on the other.

Can you put albie under the ukmoc for me

scrapps
12-08-2008, 07:30 PM
I will ask it may look a bit busy under logo ? but can be done....

ladybird
12-08-2008, 07:41 PM
i might have to be a pain in the arse and ask for a black ladies shirt - am having a look at the stylees now, although that might require a test for flattering fit. having said that, if you're getting some done maybe i could try one of yours on first, if the shirt looks ok then i can just get the same :)

promotional pants! U210

scrapps
12-08-2008, 08:01 PM
i might have to be a pain in the arse and ask for a black ladies shirt - am having a look at the stylees now, although that might require a test for flattering fit. having said that, if you're getting some done maybe i could try one of yours on first, if the shirt looks ok then i can just get the same :)

your welcome to try one of our shirt(it would be nice if we could all have the same colours red/black if polo or shirt)or i will ask advise on fit from heron.

Gadget
12-08-2008, 10:28 PM

Gadget - Red/Black as above.

gary tompkins
12-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Had another go on a polo shirt this time. Tried to show flag design on sleeve, UKmoc logo on front & back + script for club nickname.

Any good?

Albie
12-08-2008, 10:55 PM
I want one of them as well.

scrapps
13-08-2008, 06:05 AM
Had another go on a polo shirt this time. Tried to show flag design on sleeve, UKmoc logo on front & back + script for club nickname.

Any good?

wow looks good. I will speak to the guy and see if he can do that.may need logos posted clearly for him to lift...

gary tompkins
13-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Final tweak

Didn't think it was obvious enough on the Belgium connection. Tried adding something to back but it looked too busy, so I modded fronts to come up with these 3 options

J.P
13-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I like the B emblem for the Belgium flag.

scrapps
13-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I like some of the ideas on GT shirt but for me its a one time shirt(i would prob not wear again) I would pref something more low key I would wear often.
also a lot of work to sort all the logos for stitching.
I will still opt for a crew shirt and smaller logos(may use the uk/belg flag on arm if poss) If anyone wants to try and get other shirts and styles done please do. it would be nice to have a choice of styles

J.P
13-08-2008, 11:43 AM
And don't get any 'skinny' ones. We're not all built like bean poles... :)

scrapps
13-08-2008, 01:22 PM
And don't get any 'skinny' ones. We're not all built like bean poles... :)

I am opting for a medium and albie and gadget want large.
let me know if you want a polo or crew shirt with emb or if you want and wait and see if others are going to get printed or t/shirts done.
I am not fussed but dont want this to drag on for weeks.thats why i am getting some made with choice of 3-4 logo and two type of shirt.
I will order some shirts and hope people will agree on some logos in a day or two so i can have them done as samples. (extra large for you ?)

J.P
13-08-2008, 02:45 PM
I think a large will cover it, I hope.

A crew shirt for me will be good.

scrapps
13-08-2008, 03:07 PM
I think a large will cover it, I hope.

A crew shirt for me will be good.

Ok I will get you a crew shirt and we can sort logos in the next few days. I will be having the ukmoc logo(as shown on page top) on the front and ducati on sleeve or collar, I also like the UK/Belg flag of GTs maybe for a sleeve.(if i can get good picture copy) not sure if having scrapps on it but if people are wanting names on the shirts I will do the same.

gary tompkins
13-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Scrapps,

If it's any help - this is site I found for flags, patches & badges

http://www.flagline.com/id91A004

I personally prefer the UKMOC shield with the bike in it. The monster outline really adds something to the logo, and I always thought it was a classic design that PD created. What design (if any) are you going for on the back? If we leave it bare I think the shirt will look a bit sad, and not that different to UKMOC shirts made in the past. The Belgium trip deserves something really special IMO.

I know there's a limit on what can be done, and only so much people are prepared to fork out. Maybe we could have a vote/poll on design before getting 20+ made up?

I'm usually a large in most shirt sizes - about a 40-42" chest. What's the difference between the crew shirt and polo? At present I think I'll opt for a polo shirt in Black or Red, but want to see examples of whats on offer & layout before throwing any cash at it.

I'll be on holiday for 2 weeks from tomorrow, so won't be able to check in on progress on shirts for a while

Stuart42
13-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Hi all

just to throw another option in, I like Gary T's 'B' design and would like one in a large black long sleeve T shirt if poss?

I know what you mean about the back and think it should have something about the date on?

If you can get one made don't worry about putting my name on ta.

Cheers
Stuart

scrapps
13-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Scrapps,

If it's any help - this is site I found for flags, patches & badges

http://www.flagline.com/id91A004

I personally prefer the UKMOC shield with the bike in it. The monster outline really adds something to the logo, and I always thought it was a classic design that PD created. What design (if any) are you going for on the back? If we leave it bare I think the shirt will look a bit sad, and not that different to UKMOC shirts made in the past. The Belgium trip deserves something really special IMO.

I know there's a limit on what can be done, and only so much people are prepared to fork out. Maybe we could have a vote/poll on design before getting 20+ made up?

I'm usually a large in most shirt sizes - about a 40-42" chest. What's the difference between the crew shirt and polo? At present I think I'll opt for a polo shirt in Black or Red, but want to see examples of whats on offer & layout before throwing any cash at it.

I'll be on holiday for 2 weeks from tomorrow, so won't be able to check in on progress on shirts for a while

I like the flag idea and maybe the year but still not happy with having loads and loads of logos ie belg flag on sleeve,flag on front and belgium writen across the back.over kill i think,maybe i like them to plain ?
still happy to have either bike ukmoc logo or standard text logo on front or back ect.
so we have lot of options now and seem to have lots of intrest so I am sure we can sort it. maybe some with loads of stuff and some with less. (cheers for the flag link)

scrapps
13-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I am going to order some red/black crew shirts tomoz and maybe have one or two done with a few of the logo ideas,then i can post some pics.
keep the ideas coming ! ! ! I think the ducati logo would be nice on it to.

gary tompkins
13-08-2008, 11:46 PM
May be worth checking the legal side of reproducing ducati logo on shirts

I'm sure there may be copyright or other issues - can anyone confirm?

scrapps
14-08-2008, 09:28 AM
May be worth checking the legal side of reproducing ducati logo on shirts

I'm sure there may be copyright or other issues - can anyone confirm?

The logo is on most printers and emb peoples disc and if we are not selling the shirts to the public or for profit I dont think its a problem.(i am having the logo on mine)
I have spoken to luke and I will only need a medium shirt,so I have ordered 1 med and 3 large. I will get mine done a.s.a.p. and then post the pics and people can see the shirt and my basic logos then add/move logos etc as they want.(remember I am a less is more person but if you want more on the shirts thats ok)

alan c
14-08-2008, 07:01 PM
hi scrapps, black/red crew sounds good, will put my order in for a medium, once you post up pics etc, unless you want to add me to order now ?

scrapps
14-08-2008, 07:48 PM
hi scrapps, black/red crew sounds good, will put my order in for a medium, once you post up pics etc, unless you want to add me to order now ?

Hi alan I have ordered some shirts today and will have two done as samples.mine will have the ukmoc logo on the left front,england/belg crossed flags right front with belgium tour 2008 under flags.also ducati logos on both sleeves.
I tried a med shirt on today over a tshirt and it had plenty of room for me.
I will post pics early next week when they're done.

alan c
14-08-2008, 07:55 PM
thanks matey, that sounds great. do they do matching wet socks for gary n ?

Capo
14-08-2008, 07:57 PM
I agree with Scrapps, too many Belgium flags, what would think if you met a foreigner wearing a shirt embroidered with several Union Jacks? Bit crass I think.

I go for UKMOC on the front left, crossed Belgian/Union flag on the right, Belgium Tour 2008 on the back and nothing (well perhaps Ducati) on the sleeves

scrapps
15-08-2008, 12:38 PM
thanks matey, that sounds great. do they do matching wet socks for gary n ?

They do sell socks but they all looked dry,I will ask if they can leave some out in the rain for gary...(do you think he will want his name on them so we dont steal them?)

scrapps
15-08-2008, 12:43 PM
I agree with Scrapps, too many Belgium flags, what would think if you met a foreigner wearing a shirt embroidered with several Union Jacks? Bit crass I think.

I go for UKMOC on the front left, crossed Belgian/Union flag on the right, Belgium Tour 2008 on the back and nothing (well perhaps Ducati) on the sleeves

HI Capo they can't do the union flag on the crossed flags as its to small.you can have st george cross or scotish cross but union and welsh dragon can't be done. sorry ( i think just the belg flag would look fine )

Grumpy
15-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Just a thought,if they can;t do crossed u/jack and belgium fags, why not put a u/jack on one sleeve and the belgium fag on the other?
Personally i'd go for a crew shirt in x/l

scrapps
16-08-2008, 08:56 AM
Just a thought,if they can;t do crossed u/jack and belgium fags, why not put a u/jack on one sleeve and the belgium fag on the other?
Personally i'd go for a crew shirt in x/l

Hi white537,that sound ok and is on some of garys posts. I am having two samples made then we could put 2-3 options together from the ideas given and the one with most votes would be the one made in bulk ?
the most popular ideas I think would be flag on each sleeve ukmoc(bike logo) on front and maybe ukmoc on tour across the back.
samples will be done in a couple of days so have a look and then we can sort...

Stafford
27-08-2008, 07:32 PM
These shirts are nice
http://www.uk-leisurewear.com/pages/catalogue/catalogue_extras.asp?productid=KK450&productcode=KK450&brandimage=kk.gif&categoryid=14&category=Poloshirts&subcategoryid=116&subcategory=Contrast&new=

As are these
http://www.uk-leisurewear.com/pages/catalogue/catalogue_extras.asp?productid=KK186&productcode=KK186&brandimage=kk.gif&categoryid=10&category=Shirts&subcategoryid=54&subcategory=Short%20Sleeved&new=

More red please.