PDA

View Full Version : Performance Upgrades

littlejimmy12
10-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I've almost got my monster (S2R800) looking how I want it and was curious as to what can be done performance wise to a stock set up. I've got a Zard full system on it but of course there's no ECU or filter change.

So what can be done to add a bit more Oomf to my bike, already spent a lot of dosh on her already so nothing too major and nothing thats going to require concequential change in othe rparts of the bike ie brakes, although at some point I am going to put gold brembo's on there.

damon
10-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Have u got a decat pipe and powercommander? More to the point do you want them as ive got both for sale?

littlejimmy12
10-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Zard full system doesn't have cat, power commander is interesting though, when you had it fitted to your bike did you have to have any adjustments made to the ECU?? and how did it run, did you notice or have any problems - my knowledge is very very limited in this stuff

littlejimmy12
10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
did you have to get the bike mapped? (am reading up on google as I type)

littlejimmy12
10-08-2008, 07:00 PM
PM me if you would split and how much

cheers J

CK & AK
10-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Get a Power Commander & get it set up on a rolling road (dyno).
We have one on both our race bikes and on a dyna-pro dyno both are making 78 & 79 bhp respectively at the rear wheel.

C:)

neilbaldry
10-08-2008, 09:58 PM
I have the Zard full system (Welcome to a very exclusive club, we may be the only two in the country - that I know of), I also have a PCIII USB, and TPO pod filters. At the mo, I am just running a map off the Power Commander site, the 'Arrow cans, decat pipes, open airfilter'. You really notice a smoothness in the running, and it sounds like a slight raising of the idle.

I would, like most on here, reccomend a (renthal) 14T front sprocket. Easy to install, pretty cheap, and will make you the traffic light races king in your area!

- Oh! almost forgot! I have left my rear pegs on, as I ride with the balls of my feet on the pegs, and melted my last pair of boots on the pipes. Am thinking of doing a home made job for heat guards tho.....

Zimbo
11-08-2008, 06:43 AM
Zard full system doesn't have cat, power commander is interesting though, when you had it fitted to your bike did you have to have any adjustments made to the ECU?? and how did it run, did you notice or have any problems - my knowledge is very very limited in this stuff

did you have to get the bike mapped? (am reading up on google as I type)

There is no need to make any changes to the ECU at all. the power commander takes over the ECU mapping and allows you to custom map the bike using the standard ECU. You can even run seperate maps for the front and rear cylinders should you so wish.

damon
11-08-2008, 08:15 AM
PM me if you would split and how much

cheers J

pm on route

neilbaldry
11-08-2008, 11:20 AM
I also hear that putting on HH sintered pads works wonders for a cheap (25 notes on ebay) brake fix. Have yet to do it, but its on my to do list.

littlejimmy12
11-08-2008, 03:35 PM
power comm sounds very tempting, the sprocket change was tempting but whats clearance like on the swingarm?

Neil how are your cans mounted? I've ditched the shotgun stock approach and gone either side of my subframe just tucked under the seat, the sound is amazing.

neilbaldry
14-08-2008, 08:49 AM
14T sprocket is fine, iva had no dramas at all.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29033