PDA

View Full Version : Summer gear

southfrance
09-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Some of you are gonna hate me, but where I live it is really hot in the summer ( southfrance ) pretty nice most of the time except 2-3 months in winter. Anyway what do you all recommend as summer riding gear, remember it's 36 centigrade at the moment. The locals all ride around in t-shirts and shorts, but my inner-voice says NO.

The faster you go the better the breeze.

Nonnie
09-08-2008, 05:17 PM
The weather had better stay like that while I'm out there.

Whatabout a lightweight armoured jacket and some of those kevlar jeans?

dlloyduk
09-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Ha ha ha ha - Your asking us?
I could advise you on what to wear if you and the Monster fall into the pool if that's any use!

Capo
09-08-2008, 05:58 PM
I hate you

dlloyduk
09-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Well OK then you should get some info from our American friends they have heat I think!

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/accessoriesandgear/mesh_jacket_comparison/index.html

Gilps
09-08-2008, 06:47 PM
I picked up a nice jacket from Segura a few years back in Andorra. It's a sort of mesh material which lets the air through, but it has armour and a back protector built in. I looks just like a regular bike jacket until you get real close or pick it up as it's real light. Segura have started to sell in this country too now but not sure if this model is still in their range.

southfrance
09-08-2008, 07:08 PM
Not many answers, I knew you'd all be seething. Seriously though it's too hot to ride during the day ( 11am - 7pm ) i'll just have to go out in the evening, I like bikes at night, very sexy, plus the French girls have already had a Pastis or three by about 8.30 and are ready for a ......................chat.

I love it here.

LVC
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
What a wuss - when in Rome....

Seriously though....I rode in shorts, vest top and no lid on a RR Blade in Saudi 45+ degrees - the stupidity of youth. Full leathers in the London snow on a RF900 and now it's Kevlar jeans and leather or armoured JTS jacket in the Loire Valley on a S4 (33 degrees yersterday and nice and cool at over 120km/h) - although I did notice that the Olympic rowers are wearing ice jackets (that'll be jackets full of ice) to combat the heat - now there's an idea, maybe I'll buy a Mr. Whippy and dump it down my ......