PDA

View Full Version : Warming her up....

Headhunter
07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Since I've got back I've noticed it's taking a lot longer for the bike to reach the 50f temperature. I swear to god the outside temperature hasn't changed that dramatically over the past 2 weeks!

Usually it would take about 3 miles to hit recommended temp but now it's about 5 - even in the evenings on the way home.

Is firing ok - spark plugs look ok - oil is just above minimum level - temp wire is on ok.

Any ideas? Is it really a change in outside temp?

slob
07-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Smegged up engine temperature sensor. You know that dohickey on the front intake rocker cover? they can get mayonaisey, like the oil level sight glass. It can cause the gauge to read low.

PeterPoddy
07-08-2008, 06:31 PM
It's paranoia. Don't worry about it.

:D

Headhunter
07-08-2008, 06:36 PM
Cheers guys.

Have you had any luck with the bike, Slob?

Nickj
07-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Perhaps you're aging rapidly and getting slow?? LOL

slob
07-08-2008, 08:00 PM
I have a fairly good idea... will dig further Saturday.

Headhunter
07-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Perhaps you're aging rapidly and getting slow?? LOL

I've always been slow, but I bloody hope the former's not happening!

Hope you manage to get it sorted either way, Slob.

Headhunter
29-04-2012, 11:20 AM
Following on from this thread the engine temp sensor has decided to give up the ghost.

Someone mentioned to me that if the ECU doesn't receive a temp signal it will reduce power to the bike, as a protective measure. Is this true?

I've also heard that if this is the case the Mathesis thingy majoo that Ducati Professors use can cancel this warning on the ECU and everything will run fine and you get a replacement sensor as soon as possible.