PDA

View Full Version : Smilies and font & link buttons

Paivi
06-08-2008, 07:29 PM
I haven't been able to use these for several weeks now, am I the only one? Nothing happens when I try to add a smilie or click on, say 'img' button.

I'm on Firefox 3.0.1

slob
06-08-2008, 07:31 PM
not just you and a little more than a few weeks I'm afraid

IE 7.0.5730.13

although I'm quite glad I don't have to put up with all those damn smilies

Nickj
06-08-2008, 08:12 PM
IE 7.0.5730.13

Nor IE 5 & 6 or Firefox 2 & 3

Perhaps some diced PHP in the system somewhere

gary tompkins
07-08-2008, 05:00 PM
not just you and a little more than a few weeks I'm afraid

IE 7.0.5730.13

although I'm quite glad I don't have to put up with all those damn smilies

Smilies still work if you get creative on the typing

A :mand: R :banghead: S :pedro: E

gary tompkins
07-08-2008, 05:01 PM
:bunny: B :look: I :heart: S ;) C :worried: U :running: I :julie: T :chuckle:

Ian-Highlander
22-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Smilies, drop down menus for "Search" & "Quick Links" (and others) at the top and all font editing selectors in posts should now be working again across the forums. ;)

Still working on the drop down menu links on the portal page.

Stafford
22-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Smilies, drop down menus for "Search" & "Quick Links" at the top and all font editing selectors in posts should now be working again across the forums.

Still working on the drop down menu links on the portal page.

:rolleyes: :snoopy: :wallace: :banghead: :pedro: :nash: :toilet: :thumbsup: :booze:

Yahoo it's true but you can only use 10 :mand:

singletrack
23-08-2008, 07:09 AM
thanks Ian - By the way I love your avatar!

Gilps
23-08-2008, 08:08 AM
There is one new small problem. On the front page if you roll over Forum it used to come up with "latest". Now it doesn't.

Ian-Highlander
23-08-2008, 10:12 AM
There is one new small problem. On the front page if you roll over Forum it used to come up with "latest". Now it doesn't.

My fault, forgot to put one small bit of code back when I re-wrote the code to fix the other problems. Now fixed and should be working again.

slob
23-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Ian, another wee buglet someone pointed out, is on the Portal page the 'Today's Birthdays' section is showing "Array", which presumably is a tag or other piece of code missing from the script that calls the array.
Thanks again for your work.

Ian-Highlander
23-08-2008, 10:36 PM
I'll add it to the list ;)

ladybird
24-08-2008, 11:44 PM
I'll add it to the list ;)

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25276
another for the list :biggrin:
thankyou

gary tompkins
25-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi ian,

Thanks for sorting the forum gremlins

Pedro
26-08-2008, 01:12 AM
For those that don't know, Ian is one of the very nice people at Devstars who look after our little forum world.

Many thanks Ian and to Stuart for letting you loose on the UKMOC forum!

Ian-Highlander
26-08-2008, 09:39 AM
For those that don't know, Ian is one of the very nice people at Devstars who look after our little forum world.

Many thanks Ian and to Stuart for letting you loose on the UKMOC forum!

Not quite true, I am working for Stuart to fix this for you guys as he contacted me and asked me to, however I do not work for Devstars (at least not yet, but always open to the right offer ;) )

:D

Ian-Highlander
26-08-2008, 01:40 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25276
another for the list :biggrin:
thankyou

Yup I can see the problem with that and should be able to sort it fairly easily if/when I can get direct FTP access to the sites files (am currently working from a backup of the files I was supplied to find the problems).

I've requested the access so hopefully should be able to sort that soon.

ladybird
26-08-2008, 01:59 PM
yay :)
have an ice cream http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3086/2795888898_679fd5d66a_m.jpg

Pedro
26-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Not quite true, I am working for Stuart to fix this for you guys as he contacted me and asked me to, however I do not work for Devstars (at least not yet, but always open to the right offer ;) )

:D

Sorry, misunderstood Stu's message!

Ian-Highlander
27-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Right, the calendar should be all fixed now, let me know if I missed anything.

Ian-Highlander
27-08-2008, 06:52 PM
Ian, another wee buglet someone pointed out, is on the Portal page the 'Today's Birthdays' section is showing "Array", which presumably is a tag or other piece of code missing from the script that calls the array.
Thanks again for your work.

Also now fixed. :)

The rest of the portal page should be working properly now too including drop down menus etc.

Ian-Highlander
27-08-2008, 07:00 PM
Think I've finished the list I was given, let me know if there's anything else needs sorting or anything I've missed or if you find anything wrong with any of my fixes. :D

CK & AK
27-08-2008, 07:03 PM
Think I've finished the list I was given, let me know if there's anything else needs sorting or anything I've missed or if you find anything wrong with any of my fixes. :D

only thing I've missed so far is the 2 million ££'s in my bank account that Stuart promised to deposit.................

CK :)

CK & AK
27-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Seriously - any joy with the database which got corrupted - where some 'old members' are listed as guests? - we cant send them PM's unless they completely re-register again.

Ian-Highlander
27-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Seriously - any joy with the database which got corrupted - where some 'old members' are listed as guests? - we cant send them PM's unless they completely re-register again.

In all honesty, probably not, it's not something I was asked to look at but I was told what happened. Unfortunately because it was so long ago now and a partial restore was done, it would be near impossible to track down which bits are there and which aren't.

If you can point me in the direction of a user account that does this I'll have a quick nose at the database and see if I can trace it through to find the problem, but really, don't hold your breath for a fix.

CK & AK
27-08-2008, 07:12 PM
If you can point me in the direction of a user account that does this I'll have a quick nose at the database and see if I can trace it through to find the problem, but really, don't hold your breath for a fix.

ok, off to search.............

11th poster here: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29453 - MilesB - been on here for a lnog time

also 2nd poster here: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29577

HTIOH :)

Ian-Highlander
27-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh dear god, that really is stuffed isn't it!

I've had to come back into work for some late night work, but when I get home later or when I have time tomorrow I'll have a hunt through the database and see if I can find which tables have the missing data. Of course a lot of it depends on if the backup they used to restore the bits they did are still available or not too but I'll talk to the relevant people about that later.

Seriously though, don't hold your breath, that's quite a major barffing.

CK & AK
27-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Thought as much - but really good of you to try, Ian :)

Pedro
27-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh dear god, that really is stuffed isn't it!

I've had to come back into work for some late night work, but when I get home later or when I have time tomorrow I'll have a hunt through the database and see if I can find which tables have the missing data. Of course a lot of it depends on if the backup they used to restore the bits they did are still available or not too but I'll talk to the relevant people about that later.

Seriously though, don't hold your breath, that's quite a major barffing.

Hi Ian

when this happened the guys at Devstars spent a lot of time trying to find a fix for this to no avail. It's not the end of the world as anyone who wants their account fixed can re-register after I've deleted their existing details so keeping the same email etc.

Ped

Ian-Highlander
29-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Damn, sometimes I'm just too much of a geek for my own good :D

I "think" I've fixed those two users accounts and if they can confirm everything seems to work and if users can send them PM's etc then I now know how to fix all the accounts that are affected by this issue.

The downside is there is no magical button to hit to fix them all in one go. If this has worked as I think it has, then I can fix them but I will have to do them individually which means someone will need to provide me a list of affected users, I could export all the users in this state from the database but most of those wouldn't be active users and it would be a serious waste of time as I have to add a new line into the database for each user manually so I'd rather only do the users who are affected. ;)

If people can let me know if the above two users are now fixed and working as normally expected I'd appreciate it. Assuming they are, then if someone wants to put together a list, I will work my way through it as I get time.

If they're not fixed properly then I'll go back to the drawing board and check through the database again.

CK & AK
29-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Blimey!
You seem to have fixed those Ian - I've been able to drop them both a PM - will see if they respond!

I know Skidlids http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/member.php?u=2053 would be keen to be 'fixed' too :D

You are a real star sir!

Ian-Highlander
29-08-2008, 09:16 PM
Ok, also fixed skidlids account then. :)

By the way if you can give me user id numbers as well as usernames (as you did above with the link as the u=2053 part shows that the userid is 2053 in the above link) that's even better as it saves me looking them up in the database and halves the time it takes to do each user ;)

Let me know if the other two respond to your PM's that will be the acid test.

CK & AK
29-08-2008, 09:28 PM
will do sir! :thumbsup:

Ian-Highlander
01-09-2008, 07:09 PM
Well, everything I was asked to sort out is sorted and a few other bits I wasn't asked to have been done too. I've also passed on my findings on how to fix the user accounts to Stuart and advised him of a database comparison that could be scripted to repair them all fairly easily, so hopefully those can now all be fixed.

Unless I hear anything otherwise from Stuart, it would appear that my work here is done. Was nice knowing you all briefly and to be able to assist. Thanks for any assistance from you guys whilst I've been sorting these out.

Cya about :D

Cheers

Ian

gary tompkins
01-09-2008, 09:31 PM
Nice job Ian

Make sure you leave a contact number in case of emergencies ;)

Ian-Highlander
02-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Nice job Ian

Make sure you leave a contact number in case of emergencies ;)

Heh, Stuart knows how to contact me and my IM's are all in my profile ;)

Oh and thanks btw ;)