PDA

View Full Version : Bike wouldn't start, torrential rain....

Phatty
06-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Stood in it for 1 good 10 mins on and off cranking it over, but it wouldn't fire.

fuses, check
fuel, check
ign, check
red light for the key gone out, check
kill switch, ARRRGGGGHH! some B*!&!RD had flicked it to off........i never noticed because i never touch it....

I then got absolutely soaked to the bone on the way home...the only bit of me that was dry was across my chest and under my belt....boots had a good half pint in each!....but still go home quicker than all the poor souls stuck in the gridlock in flooded York. Even the copper said to me "just ignore the traffic lights and go through, no one else can move anyway".

At least you can just change clothes and have a dry off with a towel, if i'd been sat in traffic for 2 hours a towel wouldn't quite have calmed me down...

dry miles only, pah :-)

only worry now is the oil level sight glass appears to look a bit misted up, yet when i tilt the bike over the oil doesn't wash the mist away?? what's going on there?

NewMon
06-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah, better to be wet and moving. Can your bike still turn over with the kill switch off? On all my bike, the kill switch kills the starter as well.

Nickj
06-08-2008, 08:19 PM
That'll be a bit of damp in the oil, it's one of those they all do that sir things. Unfortunately the oil vapour scavenge into the air box just tends to keep it there. Mine didn't go till I stuck a mini K&N on the end up under the seat. I am an ALL weather rider.
Still a good excuse for a long blast to evaporate it out though