PDA

View Full Version : Bears

Rogerg
06-08-2008, 07:16 AM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=11766&stc=1&d=1218006913

Headhunter
06-08-2008, 11:24 AM
Brilliant one, Roger.

Ironically we were woken up at 4am in Yosemite Park the other week by a ranger firing 4 rounds into the air to scare one of the grizzlies from our tents! Very surreal experience!

squiffything
06-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Brilliant one, Roger.

Ironically we were woken up at 4am in Yosemite Park the other week by a ranger firing 4 rounds into the air to scare one of the grizzlies from our tents! Very surreal experience!

Strangely enough whilst camping last week in Cornwall, that didn't happen to us.

Paivi
06-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Back home in Finland, we've got bears, but they're cute, proper teddy bears. They're only dangerous if you're between the mom and her cubs.

Once, I was out walking my dog in the local forest, and we came across a bear munching on some blueberries. He (Teddy) just looked at us curiously, but my dog decided he's going to have the bear for breakfast.

As the dog was all of 25cm tall and weighed about four kg, I decided on a swift retreat. Tico (papillon) was very disappointed, as he'd never had bear before.

Nickj
06-08-2008, 12:15 PM
I think you were just lucky Squiff, they'll get ya next time!!

LOL Isn't it odd how small dogs think they are much bigger than they are and big dogs frequently think they are smaller. Our Chow pup is now 20Kgs but still thinks he's puppy size. We can tell this as he can no longer run underneath Dilys the collie, blindly obvoius as he's the same size as her. We've been getting some impressive high speed t-bones recently

Paivi
06-08-2008, 12:28 PM
All the neighbourhood German Shepherds and Rotties were afraid of Tico, as he was bossing them around. But he himself was afraid of cats. Luckily none of the other dogs knew this, so they didn't enter into a pact with the cats. I don't think he realised he was a tiny little doggie.

Headhunter
06-08-2008, 04:15 PM
Strangely enough whilst camping last week in Cornwall, that didn't happen to us.

And also you don't get the fires either.

slob
06-08-2008, 05:08 PM
http://humour.200ok.com.au/img/mozambique.jpg