PDA

View Full Version : New to Monster

Silpa
03-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Hi all
New to this forum and want to invite you for a virtual drink at the bar!

I'm a Ducati fan and sooooo ready to buy my first bike. Love the Monsters but am finding that there aren't many about at the mo. So was wondering ..... does anyone know of any Ducati dealers in London or any websites/forums I can delve into or know of anyone who is selling.

Silpa

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal

Gimley
03-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi Silpa

My 695 is up for sale. Follow this link

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=28598

Nice first bike and intro to Monsters.

See what you think and let me know if you would like a viewing.. I live in Epsom..

Cheers
G

adam15
03-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Welcome
It depends where in London you are....if you go on ducati.com and search te dealers you can find the ones that are close to you and pop in for a visit

Hope you find a Monster soon..before the summer is out

neilbaldry
03-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Silpa, whats your budget?

Thats gonna be your biggest obstacle!

alreadyinuse
03-08-2008, 09:16 PM
The hardest part is deciding which one you want.

theres loads of different ones.

giler
04-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Welcome, mine's a Jack Daniels.

Silpa
04-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Hi Gary. I think a 695 is a bit powerful for me as beginner, I'm looking for a 620 preferably or 600. Silpa

Hi Silpa

My 695 is up for sale. Follow this link

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=28598

Nice first bike and intro to Monsters.

See what you think and let me know if you would like a viewing.. I live in Epsom..

Cheers
G

MrsJel
04-08-2008, 08:58 PM
The choice is definitely yours - but I wouldn't rule out the 695 because it sounds too big. Both the 620 and 695 are lovely low seat bikes and were designed to be entry level monsters.

Good luck in the sweet shop!

Carole

CK & AK
04-08-2008, 09:14 PM
How about this one: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29111

walkingpictures
04-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Hi all
New to this forum and want to invite you for a virtual drink at the bar!

A barrell of Woodfordes Wherry will do just fine thanks,welcome from one of the senior alcoholic members.

Kimbo :o)

kingrolo
05-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Hi Silpa

I'm selling my lovely 600. But i'm in Manchester. Personally I really wouldn't worry too much about the power, you'd be amazed how friendly monsters are at low revs.

Anyway mine is up for sale and I'm open to offers. Good Luck!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=250278895842&Category=9919&_trksid=p3907.m29

Silpa
05-08-2008, 08:40 PM
How about this one: http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=29111

Hi
Bike looks really great except for one thing - those ribby things across the tank. I've seen a few ducatis which tempted me but was put off by those things. Sorry, don't really know what they're called but just feel it ruins the beauty of the ducati.

CK & AK
05-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Hi
Bike looks really great except for one thing - those ribby things across the tank. I've seen a few ducatis which tempted me but was put off by those things. Sorry, don't really know what they're called but just feel it ruins the beauty of the ducati.

they are known as a tank protector - and are almost as easy to remove as they are to stick on in the first place - and with a bit of brake cleaner the sticky stuff comes off too.

(sorry, I have to ask now - are you for real as you've found something wrong or ignored each one that folks on here & also those mentioned on Ducatisti where you have registered as Monsterchick - apologies if I'm mistaken tho)

Silpa
05-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Yes, I'm for real but can't run around nationally as I don't have any wheels of my own and since it's going to be my first bike I don't want to rush in and buy the first that looks like a beauty. I'm not a thorough bred in Ducatis as you are so this is a learning process for me at the same time.

Not wasting peoples time but think back to when you were pondering buying your first bike, may be you had somebody who helped you through it and gave great advice. I'm not as fortunate, it's all a bit new to me.

CK & AK
05-08-2008, 09:13 PM
So is that particular bike no good because of the tank protector you mentioned, or because its too far away?

(not my bike or one I've seen tho)

Plenty are trying to help you here & on Ducatisti - all you need to say is 'within a X mile radius of blah-blah town' & that will help narrow the field.......

Silpa
05-08-2008, 09:19 PM
So is that particular bike no good because of the tank protector you mentioned, or because its too far away?

(not my bike or one I've seen tho)

Plenty are trying to help you here & on Ducatisti - all you need to say is 'within a X mile radius of blah-blah town' & that will help narrow the field.......

It's a bit too far away, sorry. In the first place I'm looking locally to my area - London or greater London.

CK & AK
05-08-2008, 09:21 PM
It's a bit too far away, sorry. In the first place I'm looking locally to my area - London or greater London.

good start :)

and what price are you looking to pay up to?

gary tompkins
05-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Tank protectors are a good idea - help to prevent scratches from zips etc...

The trouble is some get fitted after a tank's already got damaged :rolleyes:

neilbaldry
05-08-2008, 09:24 PM
and what price are you looking to pay up to?

God damn it people! why wont you listen to me!!! lol :p

ladybird
05-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Tank protectors are a good idea - help to prevent scratches from zips etc...

The trouble is some get fitted after a tank's already got damaged :rolleyes:

if you don't fancy a protector, how about some fur :D