PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience of fitting marving cat eliminator

Gerry
03-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi All

Really struggling trying to fit Marving cat eliminator (two seperate pipe one)..

I can't seem to get it into place where the welded on tab lines up with the mount point on the engine. I picked it up cheap used along with a marving 2-1 can.

Bike is a 06 S2r ... the can and cat eliminator came off a 03 s4r apparantly....but checks show that they are the same for s2r.

I dont have fitting instructions so don't know if I have to use the old cat mount with the rubber captive inserts. Can't get it to fit with or without anyway. I have tried loosening up the front header studs .. but only thing I have not tried is loosening up the rear cylinder studs ..... I suppose when back stops aching I will try that.

For now have got the can on with cat. Far too quiet though ......

Also any tips on getting a good seal between cat pipes and header pipes would be apreciated.

Nice piccy of pipe ..... I know you guys like piccys .....

Stafford
03-08-2008, 04:01 PM
My Marving was a bit out as well and I had a mate knock up some 10mm wide spacers to get it to bolt to the rubber mounts.

Gilps
03-08-2008, 04:03 PM
It certainly can bit a bit of a pig to fit. It doesn't quite line up perfectly. Mine was also second hand from an S4R. The hole had already been elongated to allow for adjustment. I think I used part of the original fitting although I can't be sure. If you want to take a look at mine then feel free to drop me a PM. I even might be able to give you a hand fitting if you are willing to pop over some time. I'm in Minety near Malmesbury so not too far away.

Gerry
03-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Cheers boys ......

Ok looks like I'm not going mad then ..... I'll see how it goes.... I could get the tab to be a spacer away from the engine mount but the hole was about 10mm too far back ..... I will press on then ...

Stafford
03-08-2008, 04:58 PM
I did have some spare spacers but god knows where after the garage re-fit. I'll have a look though.

Gerry
04-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Cheers Stafford

It's ok i've got spacers ... just need to figure out how to move mount forward ....

Stafford
04-08-2008, 03:50 PM
If you want to drop in and see mine I'm only in Bath, just PM me.

Gerry
06-08-2008, 09:19 AM
Ok .... I have the answer from Marving ....

The cat eliminator I have is one they did for the S4R only ... first model they say. The later ones are s4r/s2r. Lucky me.

Stafford
06-08-2008, 10:22 AM
You just need to get creative with a bigger hammer

Gerry
06-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Ha ... yes ..

I will offer it up again and see what needs welding on to what ... if it looks no go then I will stick it on here for sale ... first model S4R apparantly. Do'nt think it will come to that.

Cheers for the help boys ....