PDA

View Full Version : My health Update

claicerrig
02-08-2008, 04:24 PM
First off a big thanks to all you guys and gals for the Pm`s and good luck messages i have been sent with regards to the operation

You are the best

Well i went down to theater Thursday morning and i lost the plot tried to leave with all the pipe work because they were planning on doing it whilst i was awake
A nice nurse calmed me down and they put me to sleep and 3 hrs later i woke up in the HDU

The op went ok or so i am informed they have repaired a 2" tear in the Rectal cuff (The bit where the new pouch and the sphincter are stapled ) and i still have my Bum hole (Didge :P)for at least another 2 weeks as they are going to wait for the results of the biopsies before making decisions

Looks like i will be home sometime Saturday so long as i promise to take it very easy will keep you all updated

Thanks again

Clai

bigredduke
02-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Good to hear positive things. Hope everything goes well mate. Take care.

JMo
02-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Phew! I've just logged on and seen your thread - Didn't realise you were back under the knife!

Hope your recovery goes well, and I might pop over and see you if you are receiving visitors? I should be back in Wales some time next week...

Speak soon,

Jen xx

CK & AK
02-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Clai - glad it all went ok mate, let us know when you are home.
Dont forget - I'm coming to see you in Sept! :D

C

BluprintZ
02-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Dave!
Cofion,

G.

gremlin
02-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Didn't know you'd been in for a tail chop hon! Hope all will be getting better soon. Take care of yourself, still trying to wheedle a ticket for Fighterama so hopefully can meet up there again. Will be in Wales in a couple of weeks visiting Steve Taylor but I guess you won't be up for travelling. Big hugs anyway.

Albie
03-08-2008, 05:43 AM
Yes get well soon mate. I hope you get sorted asap.

scrumpster
03-08-2008, 09:46 AM
All the best for a speedy recovery, I had a biopsy done Wednesday so am in the same sort of position, waiting to find out what's to happen next - think that's the worst bit, waiting, well good luck from me and keep positive although you probably know that already :mand:

Julie
03-08-2008, 01:04 PM
just logged on and seen this - sorry i have been away . Going to go back and read old threads to find out what the matter has been.

Julie
03-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Just had a look at old threads and i cant see anything else about your op. Anyway glad its over and you're sorted. Big hug and loads of love from Julie and Ruth!!
xxxxxxxx

PS. My Brother has just finished all his chemo and Radio and has had CT scan and is waiting for the results to see if they can operate. He's shattered but doing ok.

Scotty
03-08-2008, 06:04 PM
get well soon

gremlin
03-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Glad brother is making progress, beginning to think we need a medical board, we're not doing too well on the health front. At least it's a really supportive forum so plenty of positive vibes going out.

Mand
03-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Take care matey, all the best. Mand x

benson
03-08-2008, 09:04 PM
So sorry to have been ignorant of all your stresses and the op - but many many hugs, best wishes and thoughts for a positive next few days, good biopsy results and all the best -

Benson
x

Guzzirider
03-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Good Luck! With all that is going on, you may be wondering what is in store for the future, but be reassured that many people recover from things like this and go on to lead normal lives, riding bikes, drinking beer and doing all the things we enjoy.

I had major surgery 3 years ago to treat my bowel cancer, and although I am not yet out of the woods, everything has gone to plan touch wood despite the original quite gloomy forecast, I am living a completely normal life, and often forget I was ever ill, although it seemed like a big deal at the time.

Like most bikers, I am sure you are a tough cookie and will do whatever you need to beat this.

Regards

walkingpictures
04-08-2008, 07:10 PM
All the best Dave,really sorry but didn't know how things were with you,hope it all goes well

Best wishes

Kimbo

ianroberts
06-08-2008, 06:56 AM
Hope all going well for you,keep positive and it'll all come good in the end