PDA

View Full Version : Guinness Book of Records with the Monster

MarioMOB
01-08-2008, 03:41 PM
We, the Monster Owners Belgium, inform you thrue our website of a world record attempt organised by our club on Sunday september 21st.

Our goal is to get as much Ducati Monsters assembled as possible, the current record – 206 bikes - for one type of motorcycle from a certain make is currently held by Yamahe with their TDM model.

To make it all official a recognition request for this attempt has been send to the Guinnes World Record organisation.

To reach our goal, we use all means necessary to reach a big croud, but especially ask all Ducati Monster drivers to come in large numbers on the 5th edition of our annual Monsterday. This event will take place on the market square of Moerzeke near Hamme. Everybody is most welcome from 10.00h, the official count will take place at 14.00h. The central parking of this meeting will only be accesible with Ducati Monsters in order to make the official count possible.

Every Ducati Monster driver can participate for free and will receive in return for their effort a special package including a T-shirt made to remember this unique event.

Since our club members are not careless about traffic victims, this record attempt is coupled to a collection for the Zebra action of Levenslijn.

“Zebra” is an ally for young traffic victims.
It doesn’t matter if they get hurt, are a witness in a traffic accident or loose one of their beloved in a traffic accident, these victims deserve the best care. Zebra helps everybody who can give these young victims the attention they need, in daily life, at hospitals and revalidation centra, but also amongst their family and friends.

One more reason to hope for a massive attendance. Ther will also be animation for those who don’t drive motorcycles.

All information about our 5th monstermeeting and the World record attempt will be update regulary on our webpage www.ducatimob.be

We hope we can count on your pressence and support in this attempt.

With kind regards,
The MOB board.

Albie
01-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Well you count me in Mario with my bike and a so far quite a few others.

Cant wait to come over. Hope you've laid on some nice weather for us.

Scotty
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
21st Sept 08 , best keep that day free

alan c
01-08-2008, 05:22 PM
hi mario, we are already booked on euro tunnel and have booked hotel, not sure of numbers yet but will let you know. looking forward to great weekend and looking forward to meeting sven and the gang.

Stafford
01-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Looking forward to being there and joining in.
Oh and where can I buy cheap tobacco? I need to do some smuggling.

Arbeia
01-08-2008, 08:01 PM
Damn it i`m off to sanfransico on the 21st!

Yorkie
01-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Bugger im now in Kenya!!! (No Monsters, just lions)

Yorkie.

dlloyduk
01-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Hmmmm I thinks 129miles on the bike, garage door to Moerzeke + an overnight ferry.
Will have to checkout the ferry prices.

dlloyduk
01-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Hang on google tells me I must ride 367 miles to Folkstone to cross the water on a train(would a boat not be better?) that will either be late or cancelled then ride another 120 miles to Moerzeke.
Why?
Why can google not direct me 9 miles up the road to the DFDS terminal, my bike can have a sleep, I can have dinner, head to the bar for a decent drink, sleep, have breakfast and have a slow tour down to Moerzeke?

If computers are so clever why can they not tell me that?

Bodybag
02-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Hang on google tells me I must ride 367 miles to Folkstone to cross the water on a train(would a boat not be better?) that will either be late or cancelled then ride another 120 miles to Moerzeke.
Why?
Why can google not direct me 9 miles up the road to the DFDS terminal, my bike can have a sleep, I can have dinner, head to the bar for a decent drink, sleep, have breakfast and have a slow tour down to Moerzeke?

If computers are so clever why can they not tell me that?

Do the Hull-Rotterdam ferry. It's an overnight trip so you can drink in the bar then get your head down in a cabin.

Stafford
02-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Do the Hull-Rotterdam ferry. It's an overnight trip so you can drink in the bar then get your head down in a cabin.

Or the head :-) (that's a toilet to land lubbers)

dlloyduk
02-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Was thinking North Shields to Amsterdam 20 mins up the road from me.
Problem is they are wanting over £300 quid for me and a bike. I have had a weekend return for £54 with upgraded cabin before. That makes it £246 quid to carry a bike.
May give them a call and see if they can come to their senses.

Grumpy
02-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Looking forward to breaking a world record!!
Stafford- I know a place on the French/Belgium border where the tobacco is cheap!

ladybird
02-08-2008, 03:18 PM
hi mario, we are already booked on euro tunnel and have booked hotel, not sure of numbers yet but will let you know. looking forward to great weekend and looking forward to meeting sven and the gang.

what;s the damage on the train?

Humbucker
02-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Ive got out Sat 20th and back Sunday for £29.00

ladybird
04-08-2008, 01:26 PM
well that's not so bad, an no boat travel sickness
where are people staying
time of travel etc
i'm up for it but don't fancy the trek on my ownsome

adam15
04-08-2008, 04:12 PM