PDA

View Full Version : 620ie - Throttle position sensor

Jez
01-08-2008, 03:33 PM
My bike has been of the road for ages and I need a TPS asap to get it on the road again - really missing my monie!
Can anyone suggest how I can get one very quickly? Like tomorrow morning?
The part is taking a while to obtain from my local dealer.
Cheers in advance.
Jez

Gilps
01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Give Rich a call at Louigi Moto. We bought one earlier this year when we had problems setting up the FI on our 620. Turned out not to be the TPS so he should have a spare. He's over towards Bristol if you fancy a trip.

CK & AK
01-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Gilps - it might be worth checking if its for a early or late 620ie -
as one is mechanically adjusted for set up and the other has to be adjusted through the computer as there is no mechanical adjustment.

Jez, you'll need to know which part it is you want - have you tried ringing other large dealers, or asked your dealer to do this?

AK

Gilps
02-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Gilps - it might be worth checking if its for a early or late 620ie -
as one is mechanically adjusted for set up and the other has to be adjusted through the computer as there is no mechanical adjustment.

Jez, you'll need to know which part it is you want - have you tried ringing other large dealers, or asked your dealer to do this?

AK

The one Rich bought is for our later Monster and is the one with mechanical adjustment, still has to be checked electronically though for the voltage.

Jez
05-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks Guys. The bike has been with a ducati dealer all morning as we replaced the TPS and still have the same fault. We seem to have cornered the fault to the ecu but even the dealer is only 85% sure. The fault is that under load and above 3000rpm the bike runs on one cylinder.

I need to source an ecu to try before I spend out mega bucks on a new one.

I would be very grateful for any suggestions whether its about the fault or where to source/re program (?)/borrow an ecu from?

Cheers.

Gilps
05-08-2008, 11:37 AM
You cannot just "borrow" an ECU. They are coded to the clocks and your key. You would have to swap clocks and ignition barrel along with the ECU.

Gilps
05-08-2008, 11:39 AM
I would have thought the dealer would have that one figured out quite quick, but my money would be on the ignition coil, spark plugs, or alternator pickups.