PDA

View Full Version : Wed 30th July - Great Bentley

Nonnie
29-07-2008, 06:47 PM
It's Wednesday, it's Great Bentley Day, the sun is shining so let's go!

So who can I stand with in the queue for the burger van?

Paranoid Dave
29-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Proud to stand shoulder to shoulder. When will they start serving crumble.

Nonnie
29-07-2008, 08:40 PM
Awww that's awfully nice Dave but you still ain't camping with the girlies this weekend.

Imagine the picture...

A 12 man tent with no men, just 4 girls, 3 bikes, on the site of a beer festival and a distillery less than a mile away.

I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

And yes, the bikes are staying in the tent as well.

Snips
29-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I'm in London tomorrow, so can't make it, unfortunately (I train in).

I would normally try and dodge a visit to the London office for an evening in Great Bentley, but I have to go and and meet with my boss for my annual performance review, where he gets the chance to tell me I spend too much time surfing on 'UKMOC', and playing hooky to ride my bike.

One day I'll dare to ride into London, and either have my bike stolen or beg Benson to guide me out again.

Have fun y'all.

benson
29-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Nothing could possibly go wrong Nonnie!

I doubt I'll be able to join you for fun and frolics tomorrow sadly as Jus has to collect the MG from the MoT place early Thursday morning and get it to the garage in Meopham for 10AM so we more than likely heading to her Mum's tomorrow night...

Nonnie
29-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Nothing could possibly go wrong Nonnie!

We will see what this thread says next week!

benson
29-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Yes OK you're right. But if we don't make it back then there's nothing to be said!!!

Seb_uk
30-07-2008, 03:28 PM
Just spent almost an entire day cleaning the bike so would be a shame not to go up to Bentley this evening - especially as the weather is still good. Don't know if anyone else is going but I will keep an eye out!

Paranoid Dave
30-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Its me, Nonnie and Rod.

see you there for the burger

Nonnie
30-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Nice to see you again Seabuck. That centre stand of yours sure does attract some attention!

Best moment of the evening? Apart from the retro Mint Feast was that Rods bike got carded by a valet servicer! Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Other highlights include cold drinks, happy chatting away, sunny warm evenings and ladies in chaps and Native American stylee t shirts. Now we must get to the bottom of this.

Got caught again in the Great Bug Storms of Norfolk. I blame the pig farms.

Seb_uk
31-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Was a pretty good evening - the native american theme was defrinately a bit strange, especially the dog with the bandana! Must be a Harley Davidson thing I guess.
I did notice the card on Rod's bike - wasn't it for loose wheels the tyre dealers? I actually use them and they're pretty good. Perhaps they didn't card my bike because they recoginized it?!
Am having a vinyl stripe applied to my bike tomorrow. So many odds and ends I want to get but have already spent a small fortune on her this month so they will have to wait....!

Nonnie
31-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Yes, the card was from the same people but they'd hand written "Bike valeting service".

Next time you see them you can tell them they made us laugh. If there was ever a bike that needed that service less.....

Forgot about the bandanaed dog!

Hope you're still enjoying your time off.

Seb_uk
01-08-2008, 09:33 AM
They must be branching out - they never told me they did bike valeting! I doubt they'll get much business if they keep carding shiny 1098's - perhaps they should stick to tyres! :)