PDA

View Full Version : M696 Padock Stand

RAW-696
24-07-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi

I have just got a new shinny new M696 and wondered if anyone could advise me of a decent padock stand that i could get.

Any help would be greatfully received

RichS
25-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Not sure about the set up on your particular model, but I've recently got a stand from Abba Motorcycle Equipment for my 900M and it's fantastic.
It uses the holes in the end of the swinging as the pivot point and lets you get front or back wheel of the deck. You are also able to remove front forks.
I got an optional adapter kit which enables me to remove the swinging arm if required. Price for the 900M stand was about £90.00 The stand is really solid and the bike is'nt going to fall over. One of the best purchases I have made for a long time. Look at their web site or give them a call, they were really helpful.

RichS

Arbeia
25-07-2008, 11:08 PM
Go to ducati.com and get 1 from accessories or phone your local dealer nd he`ll get 1 for you.

PeterPoddy
26-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Not sure about the set up on your particular model, but I've recently got a stand from Abba Motorcycle Equipment for my 900M and it's fantastic.
It uses the holes in the end of the swinging as the pivot point and lets you get front or back wheel of the deck. You are also able to remove front forks.
I got an optional adapter kit which enables me to remove the swinging arm if required. Price for the 900M stand was about £90.00 The stand is really solid and the bike is'nt going to fall over. One of the best purchases I have made for a long time. Look at their web site or give them a call, they were really helpful.

RichS

Yes, I have had one of those Abba astnds for a few years and they are indeed great....
But AFAIK there isn't an adaptor kit to fit the 696 yet. The standard Monster swing arm pivot kit won't fit as it's a totally different frame/pivot/arm arrangement.
I know this because we have the standard kit for my GFs 695......

I'll probably email them and ask if/when they'll be making the kit. I'll let you know if I find out.
:D

desmo
26-07-2008, 09:32 PM
I have an Abba stand, brilliant bit of kit & the adaptors for the S2R / S4R also fit the 696

Snips
26-07-2008, 11:49 PM
I use a Pit Bull paddock stand, and I wouldn't be without it (which makes riding a bit difficult ;) )

However, be careful with the 696 swingarm (which will apply to all stands that lift the bike from under the swingarm), see this thread...

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=28322