PDA

View Full Version : What mirrors should I get, help pelase!!!

colly1980
22-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Hey Guys, I need some new mirrors for my bike 2005 Monster 620. Obviously I want ones that give good visibility - same or better as the standard mirrors. However, I park my bike in a shed and the width is just a little smaller than the current mirrors are wide. So, I have to do some difficult manoeuvring side to side to shimmy the bike in. Ideally I'd like them not as wide as the current ones so its easier t get in and out.

I've seen the bar end ones suggested a few times, apparently you don't see as much of your arms, but then I hear filtering is more difficult as you have to avoid car wing mirrors more often?

Can you guys please suggest and and all mirrors you think might be appropriate?
Thanks!

pegboy
22-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Thats right the wider they are the more difficult to filter, also i found with some after market mirrors you get alot of vibration and do see very well. I stick with the original as i like to see behind me.

scrapps
22-07-2008, 09:47 AM
I have some very nice dpm mirrors look fab on the bike,but visability is poor.
I went for looks over view. the dp mirrors are not so bad.

neilbaldry
22-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I have DPM's un'all. They are ok, as I have adjusted them to get a view, even if I have to pull my elbows in sometimes. I found that they vibrate no more than the mickey mouse standard ones.

I had a CRG bar end mirror before, and that works like a Hypermotard mirror, as you can fold it in when you want/need to. Could be useful for filtering.

morty
22-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Rizoma 851s

Look great - Small but rock solid and good view once you get used to them..............bit expensive though!!

colly1980
23-07-2008, 08:29 AM
Wow they are very expensive! Bit out of my budget I think really.

What do you think of these? http://www.oberon-performance.co.uk/acatalog/adjustable-handlebar-clamp.html
They are adjustable so I can fold them in for getting in and out of my shed...

Nonnie
23-07-2008, 08:42 AM
I got the DPM's. Very pretty. You can see out of them as well with a slight ducking down and tucking in. Means for sure you don't forget your lifesavers.

Rancid Badger
29-07-2008, 11:00 PM
Yep, another vote for the DPm's with the integrated indicators.